Sign in to follow this  
edjr

‘Game Of Thrones’ Jon Snow spinoff series eyed by HBO

https://deadline.com/2022/06/game-of-thrones-jon-snow-spinoff-series-sequel-hbo-1235047502/

As HBO is preparing to launch of a Game of Thrones prequel series, the network also is exploring a potential sequel centered around one of the original series’ most recognizable characters, Kit Harington’s Jon Snow, Deadline has confirmed. The project is still in exploratory stages, sources said.

If the series come to fruition, it would chronicle the post-Westeros story of Jon Snow, aka Aegon Targayen, with Harington expected to reprise his role.

The project, first reported by THR, would mark the first spinoff from and first sequel to the mega hit fantasy drama, which ran on HBO for eight seasons. Over the past several years, HBO has been focused on prequels to Game of Thrones. One, House of the Dragon, is set to premiere this summer with several others, including Dunk and Egg, and The Sea Snake, in development. The shift in strategy also coincides with the recent WarnerMedia-Discovery merger, which brought in a new leadership over HBO and the rest of the WarnerMedia divisions.

Talk about beating the proverbial dead horse. It is the only thing that will keep subscribers though

"I don't want it."

Wasn't there supposed to be a prequel to the series already? What happened to that?

6 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

Wasn't there supposed to be a prequel to the series already? What happened to that?

I just bumped that thread. House of the Dragon

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, bostonlager said:

House of the Dragon is scheduled to start airing in August, I believe.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, titans&bucs&bearsohmy! said:

Id rather have a show about what Arya does going forward, but whatever. I'll watch a jon snow show. Will be better than most that's on.

Exactly. 

14 hours ago, frank said:

You know nothing edjr. :nono:

Winter has come. 

I love the mid-evil genre... kings, knights, midgets, wh0res, etc.  So of course I wanted to like Game of Thrones. But when stories include the supernatural it kills all the suspense.

No!!!!!!!! Jon Snow is officially dead!!!!   Oh wait, he magically came back to life. Whatever. Might as well grow wings, breathe fire and poop candy canes. Anything goes.  Dumb.

Like anything else, eventually less people will watch the sequels so they'll spend less in production and the quality will drop, rinse and repeat until they bleed every drop out of it.   But, still way better than Spiderman Movie #6,798.

1 hour ago, GobbleDog said:

kings, knights, midgets, wh0res, etc. 

Sounds like FFT

1 hour ago, Horseman said:

Like anything else, eventually less people will watch the sequels so they'll spend less in production and the quality will drop, rinse and repeat until they bleed every drop out of it.   But, still way better than Spiderman Movie #6,798.

Black spider man. Just waiting for the tranny