Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Pronouns 101 - The Diversity Movement

I feel like corporate America will enforce this stuff before long.

We have pronouns in our email signatures. They do not demand or require we call people by them. That is on its way

• Haha 1

🤮

I've made it 50 years without using this garbage, I'm still in China for now, if/when I return to the US it'll be an extremely red community, hopefully I can go my entire life without dealing with this crap.

Just now, Voltaire said:

🤮

I've made it 50 years without using this garbage, I'm still in China for now, if/when I return to the US it'll be an extremely red community, hopefully I can go my entire life without dealing with this crap.

Good luck finding an extremely red community or workplace. You'd be better off in Communist China. 

1 minute ago, TheNewGirl said:

Good luck finding an extremely red community or workplace. You'd be better off in Communist China. 

Russia and Egypt don't allow gays. 

My plan is to be set up in the next 10 years to where I don’t have to work anymore. So if they do, I won’t be having to deal with it for long 

5 minutes ago, TheNewGirl said:

I'd wanted to just ride off into the sunset here but China is going to sh*t for other, non-woke, reasons. It remains a safe place to raise kids though.

I see pronouns on LinkedIn, thats about it though. Don't think I have heard it come up on the North Shore, definitely not where I am in Maine. Would probably run into it in schools though.

Did that chick actually say pronoun nonsense is somehow about "safety"???? 

7 minutes ago, DonS said:

Try not using them and see how safe you are.

1 hour ago, Djgb13 said:

My plan is to be set up in the next 10 years to where I don’t have to work anymore. So if they do, I won’t be having to deal with it for long 

Should’ve become a real doctor 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Should’ve become a real doctor 

And aligned himself with a drug company. 

1 hour ago, Djgb13 said:

Candy stripers do better than I thought! :o 

I think like most people in the last few decades, my view of lesbian and gay people was live and let live. It’s supposed to work both ways. As it became lqbtqlmnop, many in that movement don’t take the same approach. Now they want to tell us how we have to live. What language to use. Must accept the agenda 100 pct. And if you don’t go along, there could be negative ramifications.  I don’t care that Disney has a lesbian kiss in their movie.Big deal, I’d let my kids go see it if they want.   I do care that they stated they were going to get a law changed that the people supported. 

9 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I think like most people in the last few decades, my view of lesbian and gay people was live and let live. It’s supposed to work both ways. As it became lqbtqlmnop, many in that movement don’t take the same approach. Now they want to tell us how we have to live. What language to use. Must accept the agenda 100 pct. And if you don’t go along, there could be negative ramifications.  I don’t care that Disney has a lesbian kiss in their movie.Big deal, I’d let my kids go see it if they want.   I do care that they stated they were going to get a law changed that the people supported. 

When it was about tolerance and equal rights, they made compelling points. Then it became about "you must bake out cake," "you must nod and demonstrate approval for all we do", "you must use and affirm our pronouns", "you must affirm that trannies are women",  now it's "you must approve of drag queens twirl their dongs in front kids who give them tips while an 'It won't lick itself' sign is prominently displayed in the background."

Hopefully enough people are out there who are still able to figure out who the sicko perverts and who the decent people are. It's depressing how large a number of member of this board have it backwards and are beyond reach of any semblance of decency or discernment.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Voltaire said:

When it was about tolerance and equal rights, they made compelling points. Then it became about "you must bake out cake," "you must nod and demonstrate approval for all we do", "you must use and affirm our pronouns", "you must affirm that trannies are women",  now it's "you must approve of drag queens twirl their dongs in front kids who give them tips while an 'It won't lick itself' sign is prominently displayed in the background."

Hopefully enough people are out there who are still able to figure out who the sicko perverts and who the decent people are. It's depressing how large a number of member of this board have it backwards and are beyond reach of any semblance of decency or discernment.

Gay people should have every right anyone else has. But the slippery slope is real. And it’s ridiculous. 

3 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Gay people should have every right anyone else has. But the slippery slope is real. And it’s ridiculous. 

Nailed it. 

• Thanks 3

I only use pronouns about someone when I am talking about them to someone else.  That person is never around.

Is this all about getting ratted out?

14 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

WORLD STAR!!!!!

:lol:  I remember those videos. good times

I thought they got rid of "preferred" and are now saying they actually ARE their pronouns. It's offensive to the individual to use the word "preferred".

I won’t be participating. This is the same camp that wants to normalize pedophilia.  I won’t enable any of it. 

Years ago, before it was a thing, I noticed that a key contact at a major customer added pronouns to his LinkedIn profile.  Struck me as odd, as he was a guy and said (he/him).  I found out later that his wife was the VP at the same company of whatever they called DEI back then.  I remember thinking "poor guy" to have to put up with that.  Still think it.

That being said, I don't hate the pronoun thing for email signatures.  In work I'd often get emails from people I didn't know with androgynous names, like Taylor.  I remember several occasions where I had to word responses carefully to avoid pronouns, because I didn't know if one of the subjects was male or female.

Introducing myself with pronouns?  Not happening.  I get the idea that they want us to normalize it so that it doesn't hurt people's feelings to stand out, but IMO you should only do it if it isn't obvious what sex you are.

6 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Years ago, before it was a thing, I noticed that a key contact at a major customer added pronouns to his LinkedIn profile.  Struck me as odd, as he was a guy and said (he/him).  I found out later that his wife was the VP at the same company of whatever they called DEI back then.  I remember thinking "poor guy" to have to put up with that.  Still think it.

That being said, I don't hate the pronoun thing for email signatures.  In work I'd often get emails from people I didn't know with androgynous names, like Taylor.  I remember several occasions where I had to word responses carefully to avoid pronouns, because I didn't know if one of the subjects was male or female.

Introducing myself with pronouns?  Not happening.  I get the idea that they want us to normalize it so that it doesn't hurt people's feelings to stand out, but IMO you should only do it if it isn't obvious what sex you are.

Working in a global company I wish foreigners would add pronouns to their signatures.

There are many countries that have some ambiguous sounding first names.

34 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

Working in a global company I wish foreigners would add pronouns to their signatures.

There are many countries that have some ambiguous sounding first names.

It's not just foreigners. Black American first names in my company are often asexual or very confusing at best.

On 6/22/2022 at 12:43 PM, DonS said:

Yeah, liberals are violent if they don't get what they want.

1 hour ago, craftsman said:

It's not just foreigners. Black American first names in my company are often asexual or very confusing at best.

Does Shannon Sharpe work there?

4 hours ago, jerryskids said:

Preach.  I've exchanged emails with someone named xiaojian or something like that for 18 months or so.  Still don't know if this person is male or female.

The other good thing about it is if someone uses they, it's like a big flashing warning sign to stay away.

I’ve personally encountered exactly one person who uses non traditional pronouns in my 40+ years living in or around large liberal cities. But this non issue gets as much if not more attention than the cost of housing, healthcare and education.

It’s almost like the parties bicker about this culture war BS because they have no answers for the real problems that affect all Americans. 🤔 

I worked at a college for a few years recently. Everyone was asked to provide pronouns and nearly everyone used them.  Thousands. 

The pronoun issue is huge in schools.  My nephew is 14, will be 15 soon, and his school literally has over 100 kids, just in his class that want you to use them. 

1 minute ago, TBayXXXVII said:

The pronoun issue is huge in schools.  My nephew is 14, will be 15 soon, and his school literally has over 100 kids, just in his class that want you to use them. 

Your nephew sorts the kids by pronoun and then counts them and reports these numbers up to you? 

2 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Your nephew sorts the kids by pronoun and then counts them and reports these numbers up to you? 

Actually, the school did it.

3 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

They’re doing that thing again. First It’s not happening, then it’s not widespread, then you’re a bigot/racist/sexist/ blah blah. 

7 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Yeah imma call bs on that.

Just now, GutterBoy said:

Yeah imma call bs on that.

Stage 1 

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

They’re doing that thing again. First It’s not happening, then it’s not widespread, then you’re a bigot/racist/sexist/ blah blah. 

Yup.  Typical.  That's why I don't get too far into discussions with him.  I mean, he literally thinks that my nephew went around and counted all the kids, then told me the number.  What an idiot.  It had to be that, right?  There's NO CHANCE, that the school had an assembly with each class, and at some point during the assembly, the school told the kids that in their class, they've had discussions with over 100 kids who wanted to use preferred pronouns?  That couldn't have been what happened?  Nope.  Had to be strictly my nephew and me.