Sign in to follow this  
TimHauck

Kroger (and subsidiary Harris Teeter) next to go woke go broke?

This Tweet is so Geek Club I wouldn’t be surprised if Timmah or Reality wrote it:

102 people die per day in traffic fatalities. Can you also please make sure no coozies depict cars? Thanks in advance," said another.

Sometimes you wonder if these people are just goofing around. 

Imagine being related to someone like this.  I guess Raiders has explained his batsheet crazy liberal mom.  That would be hell.  

Kroger can remove them if they want. I doubt it makes a huge dent in their business. 

But imagine how big a maladjusted weirdo you must be to say "I can't buy a gun koozie there so I damn sure ain't buying bread there."

And yes before anyone says anything- it is stupid too to be like "I don't like that you sell these koozies please get rid of them." Who cares? Just don't go near them if they trouble you that much. I don't smoke cigarettes so I don't go to where they have them in the store. Problem- solution people. 

3 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Kroger can remove them if they want. I doubt it makes a huge dent in their business. 

But imagine how big a maladjusted weirdo you must be to say "I can't buy a gun koozie there so I damn sure ain't buying bread there."

And yes before anyone says anything- it is stupid too to be like "I don't like that you sell these koozies please get rid of them." Who cares? Just don't go near them if they trouble you that much. I don't smoke cigarettes so I don't go to where they have them in the store. Problem- solution people. 

Imagine how big a maladjusted weirdo you must be to complain on Twitter because a store is selling a koozie with a gun on it.

7 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

Imagine how big a maladjusted weirdo you must be to complain on Twitter because a store is selling a koozie with a gun on it.

Yeah both of those types of people are weirdos 

What they said: "Thanks for reaching out, Christy. We will tell our leadership about your request that we remove these items from our shelves. We appreciate your feedback."

What they meant: "Thanks for reaching out, Christy."

14 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

The thing is.... no one ever said that.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Yeah both of those types of people are weirdos 

She's no weirdo, she's a politician and is getting plenty of free pub.  

5 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

What they said: "Thanks for reaching out, Christy. We will tell our leadership about your request that we remove these items from our shelves. We appreciate your feedback."

What they meant: "Thanks for reaching out, Christy."

54% of gun deaths are suicide.  Why isn’t that more of a rallying point for gun control advocates?

5 minutes ago, Horseman said:

Just now, MLCKAA said:

54% of gun deaths are suicide.  Why isn’t that more of a rallying point for gun control advocates?

Because they actually don't care... they just pretend to be.  Like I said above... liberal sheep.

1 minute ago, TimHauck said:

See, here is where you're failing.  They aren't saying "I can't buy a gun koozie there so I damn sure ain't buying bread there."  They are saying "We're not shopping at places that bend over and take it in the a$$ from a bunch of woke Karens."  Karen.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Horseman said:

See, here is where you're failing.  They aren't saying "I can't buy a gun koozie there so I damn sure ain't buying bread there."  They are saying "We're not shopping at places that bend over and take it in the a$$ from a bunch of woke Karens."  Karen.

Pretty much the same thing 

• Confused 1

Just now, TimHauck said:

Pretty much the same thing 

4 minutes ago, Horseman said:

See, here is where you're failing.  

Still failing.  IQ suffering.  

Just now, Horseman said:

Still failing.  IQ suffering.  

Why don’t you cite me some case law

Just now, TimHauck said:

Why don’t you cite me some case law

No need, it's simple English words that have meaning.  

6 minutes ago, Horseman said:

Discontinuing a koozie that probably sells like 3 units a month isn’t really “taking it in the butt” though

2 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

Discontinuing a koozie that probably sells like 3 units a month isn’t really “taking it in the butt” though

Oh, so they aren't boycotting because of the lack of koozies then.  Glad you finally figured that out.

Word of the day:  principle.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Horseman said:

Oh, so they aren't boycotting because of the lack of koozies then.  Glad you finally figured that out.

Word of the day:  principle.

But again, listening to one customer request isn’t taking it up the butt.

Harris Teeter is actually one of the only grocery stores I’ve seen that usually has dedicated parking spaces for veterans, so they definitely do support real patriotism.

7 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

But again, listening to one customer request isn’t taking it up the butt.

Harris Teeter is actually one of the only grocery stores I’ve seen that usually has dedicated parking spaces for veterans, so they definitely do support real patriotism.

I'm sure you know this because it's quite obvious, but if anyone does actually follow through on threats to discontinue patronizing the store, it won't be because of coozies, it's because they don't want to support a business that caters to woke BS with the idea that if no one pushes back it will continue to permeate.  

Boiling it down to "I can't buy a gun coozy there, so I can't buy my bread there," is intentionally obtuse and is intended to paint the objectors (who won't follow through anyway) as crazy.

• Thanks 3

10 minutes ago, nobody said:

I'm sure you know this because it's quite obvious, but if anyone does actually follow through on threats to discontinue patronizing the store, it won't be because of coozies, it's because they don't want to support a business that caters to woke BS with the idea that if no one pushes back it will continue to permeate.  

Boiling it down to "I can't buy a gun coozy there, so I can't buy my bread there," is intentionally obtuse and is intended to paint the objectors (who won't follow through anyway) as crazy.

My point is I think it’s a stretch to call discontinuing a coozie “catering to woke bs”

3 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

My point is I think it’s a stretch to call discontinuing a coozie “catering to woke bs”

Many people will disagree.  

I think it is catering to woke BS.  5 years ago, no one would've complained, and even if someone did they would've been ignored.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TimHauck said:

I know you said "?", but it's worth noting that some Kroger minimum wage social media monitor merely acknowledge the request.  :dunno:

12 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

I know you said "?", but it's worth noting that some Kroger minimum wage social media monitor merely acknowledge the request.  :dunno:

Keep reading.  The store acknowledged that as soon it was brought to their attention they initiated a recall.  It has nothing to do with woke BS though according to Tim.  I guess they just always recall things immediately as soon as customer complains about a product being inappropriate.

15 minutes ago, nobody said:

Keep reading.  The store acknowledged that as soon it was brought to their attention they initiated a recall.  It has nothing to do with woke BS though according to Tim.  I guess they just always recall things immediately as soon as customer complains about a product being inappropriate.

Seems like the store did, but the mother ship (Kroger) didn't commit to anything.

We'll see what Kroger says; I'm pulling for them because they are our primary grocer and I don't care enough to stop going there out of protest.

2 hours ago, Horseman said:

Thing is they will essentially

2 hours ago, Horseman said:

Trying to play semantics is stupid. 

1 hour ago, nobody said:

Because they are crazy. Or to be more specific- the people who will play performance outrage on Twitter about not going there are crazy. 

• Confused 2

50 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Because they are crazy. Or to be more specific- the people who will play performance outrage on Twitter about not going there are crazy. 

They aren't crazy.  They probably think if they threaten to boycott, it will have some material effect which is dumb. but the macro-point is valid.  We somehow found ourselves in a world where if someone complains about something, we can't question the validity of that complaint without risk of being cancelled.  That is a real problem, so if people want to pretend like they're going to do something about that, I'm all for it.  I'm tired of idiots saying dumb sh¡t and people just going along with it because they'll get called racist or intolerant if they disagree.

This weaponization of social justice leads to retarded sh¡t like BLM where we are meant to believe the obviously retarded stance that "police are hunting black people" because 9 unarmed felons get killed resisting arrest per year, and we all have to sit around going, "Man, that's terrible."  Meanwhile politicians use the resulting riots as a political tool.  

It's like we have no grown-ups in the room.

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, nobody said:

They aren't crazy.  They probably think if they threaten to boycott, it will have some material effect which is dumb. but the macro-point is valid.  We somehow found ourselves in a world where if someone complains about something, we can't question the validity of that complaint without risk of being cancelled.  That is a real problem, so if people want to pretend like they're going to do something about that, I'm all for it.  I'm tired of idiots saying dumb sh¡t and people just going along with it because they'll get called racist or intolerant if they disagree.

This weaponization of social justice leads to retarded sh¡t like BLM where we are meant to believe the obviously retarded stance that "police are hunting black people" because 9 unarmed felons get killed resisting arrest per year, and we all have to sit around going, "Man, that's terrible."  Meanwhile politicians use the riots as a political tool.  

It's like we have no grown-ups in the room.

It's both sides though.  Not that I feel bad for mega corporations, but it's almost a lose lose situation, you're either offensive or woke.  The Kroger response at least was pretty politically correct.

I'd never know what some dude with 2 followers thinks if I didn't come here. Really makes it all worth it.

1 hour ago, Sean Mooney said:

Trying to play semantics is stupid. 

It's not semantics when someone misconstrues what was said.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TimHauck said:

That's the definition of woke. If the product doesn't give a profit and they discontinue it, that's normal. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Horseman said:

It's not semantics when someone misconstrues what was said.  

Sure..whatever helps you sleep at night

18 hours ago, nobody said:

Many people will disagree.  

I think it is catering to woke BS.  5 years ago, no one would've complained, and even if someone did they would've been ignored.  

Everyone but this idiot agrees with y’all on this. It’s not about koozies. Retard Hack can’t realize that or he just intentionally acts like a moron 

1 hour ago, Sean Mooney said:

Sure..whatever helps you sleep at night

Semantics or not why would that cause anyone to loose sleep?  You highly sensitive or something?