Sign in to follow this  
Pimpadeaux

[** Guess How Many Cats Live In My Home Contest - WE HAVE A WINNER!**]

16 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

I'll keep this in mind. I'd best not ask the love of my life, my youngest daughter, to help. Sadly, I've seen her name all her stuffed animals and she has absolutely no aptitude for this sort of thing.

A typical name she'd come up with would be something like "Brown and White Cat".

I come up with names such as Biscuit, Banjo and Zorro. My wife comes up with exotic names I can't remember, like Zenaquabula and Feferenobi. I just made those up, but you get the idea. When they get adopted, people rename the ones she names, while my makes usually stick. 

Sometimes we have themes. We named one bunch after metal bands. Metallica, Anthrax and Megadeth got adopted quickly. It took awhile for Pantera. 

28 minutes ago, TheNewGirl said:

Twenty four cats and only 6 litter boxes? 

More like 21 cats and six litter boxes. The four kittens are separated in a bedroom and have their own box. 

It's plenty.

This isn't the Omni, dadblammit. :mad:

1 hour ago, TheNewGirl said:

Twenty four cats and only 6 litter boxes? 

OOF. 

Congrats, Voltaire. 

Yeah, its a hell of a lot of cats for 6 boxes but in his defense, it sounds like under normal circumstances, they have half as many cats which would be 2 per box which makes sense. He also claims the boxes are cleaned a few times a day by the wife and kids.   Again, I would go insane with more than... mayyyybe 2 cats but I can't down on the guy for doing good deeds. He has gained my respect, at least in one area :lol:..... although that was still quite the tease to leave it on my guess after 21 separate cat introductions and then BAM, 4 introductions in one post! :mad:

1 hour ago, jerryskids said:

Congrats @Voltaire!  You've got some sort of rain man way of always being close on these sorts of things... anyway, I believe part of the prize is naming some cat of his.  Perhaps @Pimpadeauxcan post some pictures and we can help with some suggestions?  :D 

Had I won, my first names in mind were Wonder :mellow:,  Jerry :D  even though that's reversed, or Walter the name of the cat in those Chevy? commercials

with a clause that if his next cat somehow happens to have cat down syndrome, he go with Utilit

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Voltaire said:

I'll keep this in mind. I'd best not ask the love of my life, my youngest daughter, to help. Sadly, I've seen her name all her stuffed animals and she has absolutely no aptitude for this sort of thing.

A typical name she'd come up with would be something like "Brown and White Cat".

I've been a cat person ever since I was 7 and my Dad brought one home a few months before he died. We named that first one Rocky, and every cat I've owned since then has been named after a character in movie.  Currently I have Leeloo(The Fifth Element) and Leia(Star Wars).  

1 minute ago, Mike Honcho said:

I've been a cat person ever since I was 7 and my Dad brought one home a few months before he died. We named that first one Rocky, and every cat I've owned since then has been named after a character in movie.  Currently I have Leeloo(The Fifth Element) and Leia(Star Wars).  

I named mine after a famous Mike. 

1 minute ago, WhiteWonder said:

Had I won, my first names in mind were Wonder :mellow:,  Jerry :D  even though that's reversed, or Walter the name of the cat in those Chevy? commercials

with a clause that if his next cat somehow happens to have cat down syndrome, he go with Utilit

If I had won, as a serious name I was thinking of something based on a Bach Stradivarius silver trumpet; I have one, he plays trumpet, and we've discussed it.  Maybe Strad?

But since I no longer have the onus of naming the cat, I'll probably just contribute juvenile humor suggestions.  :D 

47 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

We named a batch kittens after "Game of Thrones" characters. They all got adopted. We often name cats after characters in whatever we're binge-watching at the time, which is why we have one named Dexter. 

One of the kittens on the list I gave the name Zorro because he's a tuxedo cat and has what looks like a black mask around his eyes. That, and he has a crooked tail that looks like a "Z." 

He and the other three are isolated because they're not fully vaccinated and have ringworm.

We learned a hard lesson about vaccinations. There was an unvaccinated batch of kittens up at the cat lounge. They were isolated but somehow got parvo, which is one nasty focking disease. Out of the seven kittens, six of them died in a matter of hours. A vet managed to save one of them.

A partially vaccinated cat got it and survived, while a fully vaccinated cat got parvo and died.

None of the dozens of other cats at the lounge got it.

It was a day so heartbreaking that we almost got out of this cat business. Watching a kitten die is the worst.