Sign in to follow this  
wolves111

Joe Mixon

Just got my Fantasy index delivered. I've been subscribing to it for many, many years. Lots of interesting stats along with team/player analysis. They have Mixon ranked as the #4 RB in PPR and refer to him as one of the safest RB's in the draft this year. Having the 7th pick in one of my more challenging and expensive leagues I was confident he would be available at #7. Not so sure now.

Question #1- Does the losing team in the previous SB theory, make you hesitant to take him, or for that matter, any of the Bengals with an early pick? I was hoping for a Mixon/CEE Dee combo at 7 & 14 in the 10 team, snake, redraft or a Jefferson/Swift combo. The same rankings have Henry as the #5 RB due to age, last years foot injury, and because Tennessee basically sucks. Personally I'd have a tough time taking Mixon if he and Henry are both somehow there at #7.

Question #2- Mixon or Henry?

1 hour ago, wolves111 said:

Just got my Fantasy index delivered. I've been subscribing to it for many, many years. Lots of interesting stats along with team/player analysis. They have Mixon ranked as the #4 RB in PPR and refer to him as one of the safest RB's in the draft this year. Having the 7th pick in one of my more challenging and expensive leagues I was confident he would be available at #7. Not so sure now.

Question #1- Does the losing team in the previous SB theory, make you hesitant to take him, or for that matter, any of the Bengals with an early pick? I was hoping for a Mixon/CEE Dee combo at 7 & 14 in the 10 team, snake, redraft or a Jefferson/Swift combo. The same rankings have Henry as the #5 RB due to age, last years foot injury, and because Tennessee basically sucks. Personally I'd have a tough time taking Mixon if he and Henry are both somehow there at #7.

Question #2- Mixon or Henry?

Q1 - I'm not concerned about the Bengals.  Usually teams that get to the Super Bowl are teams that are expect to be a high contender that just miss out.  That's not the Bengals.  The Bengals were a team with what appeared to be a glaring issue, a bad OLine.  No one expected them to be any more that a potential playoff team that is one an done.  They improved their OLine this off-season and in my mind, because they have Burrow, I have them as the team to beat in the AFC.

Q2 - If Mixon is the best option and Henry is available, I have a hard time taking Mixon.  That said, as training camp approaches and more and more info comes out, I could be swayed towards Mixon.

9 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

So you've moved on from the original Jefferson vs Najee at #7 question?

Yes. Harris is likely to be gone before pick 7 as he is ranked the #3 rb

Ppr I would rather have Jefferson and Swift.  But 1/2 ppr if Henry is available I’m taking him.  

So, Mixon's reliability vs Henry's upside

I don't know, but draftin Mixon in the 1st round, just kind of leaves a bad taste in my mouth

45 minutes ago, wolves111 said:

Yes. Harris is likely to be gone before pick 7 as he is ranked the #3 rb

Henry is like the #1 RB, but he's falling as far as #7 in some drafts.

55 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Henry is like the #1 RB, but he's falling as far as #7 in some drafts.

I'd be surprised if that is the case come draft day for most people.

I think Henry if healthy is still the #1 RB in the NFL.  he should be a lock to go in the top 3-5 picks.  he may be at the end of that window but the window is still open.

I think he has one more superb year left in him.  then the decline begins.

I like mixon more this year than last year, but Henry trumps Mixon all the way.    it may be the case where mixon isnt available when you pick either.  

Life long Bengals fan here. While a great talent, never seems to reach the level he’s drafted for. I believe he did have his best yardage season last year and led the league in yards after contact. With 3 big additions on that o-line, this year will be best chance yet to excel…but ranked too high for me. 

1500 total yards and 16 total tds , I think Mixon excelled last season.  

No reason to think he can’t duplicate those numbers this season.  

gotta agree.

the one thing about RB scoring in fantasy football......  the stats of the RB are largely based on how good a team they play on.

if your team is winning in the 3rd and 4th Quarter, the RB gets all kinds of garbage time carries.   and RB's on winning teams tend to produce more TD.    the first couple years Mixon was on a terrible team and his stats were okay.  last year that bad team became a good team and his numbers got considerably better.  more from TD than yards but yards improved significantly as well.

now in the offseason they have added some pieces to shore up the O line.  I cant help but think his numbers will improve a bit more.   but at the very least I wouldnt bet on any significant decline in numbers unless he or another major piece of that offense actually gets hurt.

37 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

gotta agree.

the one thing about RB scoring in fantasy football......  the stats of the RB are largely based on how good a team they play on.

if your team is winning in the 3rd and 4th Quarter, the RB gets all kinds of garbage time carries.   and RB's on winning teams tend to produce more TD.    the first couple years Mixon was on a terrible team and his stats were okay.  last year that bad team became a good team and his numbers got considerably better.  more from TD than yards but yards improved significantly as well.

now in the offseason they have added some pieces to shore up the O line.  I cant help but think his numbers will improve a bit more.   but at the very least I wouldnt bet on any significant decline in numbers unless he or another major piece of that offense actually gets hurt.

It's honestly, kind of similar to Kickers

1 hour ago, polecatt said:

Or it would be, if teams rostered 3 or 4 kickers and trotted each of them out in different circumstances.

5 hours ago, polecatt said:

to some degree.

with kickers you want a good offense that for some reason or another struggles to get TD's in the Red Zone