Sign in to follow this  
joneo

Chicago's richest man moves $22 billion company to Florida, citing crime

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/chicagos-richest-man-moves-dollar22-billion-company-to-florida-citing-crime/ar-AAYN7zC?li=BBnb7Kz

Chicago's richest man is leaving Mayor Lori Lightfoot's (D) city and taking his $22 billion company with him.

Ken Griffin, a hedge fund billionaire worth nearly $29 billion, announced he had moved from Democratic-led Illinois to Republican-led Florida.

Florida is also set to become the new home of Citadel Securities, a company valued at around $22 billion, according to a report.

• Thanks 1

Vote with your feet. 

Just now, easilyscan said:

Mayor Beetlejuice can't be happy with that :)

She's doing to Chicago what Coleman Young did to Detroit.

Not putting up with the woke bullshit and low taxes is a lot bigger draw to Florida than Fockin Disney ever could be. 

8 hours ago, easilyscan said:

Mayor Beetlejuice can't be happy with that :)

As long as the cash keeps rolling into her bank account, she could care less.

20 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

He moved to Miami.....to avoid crime. The violent crimes difference is negligible between the two. 

Property crimes don’t rate I guess. It’s fine if your car gets stolen as long as you don’t get killed. And you can’t go shopping because thugs ransacked the store again. The Miami murder rate dropped by 15 pct in 2021. Chicago went a different way. Sit this one out. You’re out of your lane. 

• Thanks 3

I wonder how many folks he employed and how well they were paid so that they may spend in the local economy thereby stimilating other jobs.  I would think not all that many.  This is not like, I suspect, losing an amazon distribution center or a car manufacturing plant.  Still, it is interesting.

11 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Property crimes don’t rate I guess. It’s fine if your car gets stolen as long as you don’t get killed. And you can’t go shopping because thugs ransacked the store again. The Miami murder rate dropped by 15 pct in 2021. Chicago went a different way. Sit this one out. You’re out of your lane. 

According to US News & World Report 

Chicago had 252 violent crimes committed per 100,000 people. Miami had 207 per 100,000 people.

Chicago had 1174 property crimes committed per 100,000 people. Miami had 1134 per 100,000 people.

So again- the difference is negligible. Also for informational purposes- Chicago has 2.7 million people. Miami has 461,000 people. 

A fun fact too for you- because I know you didn't read the article you Googled. 

Piquero said the Miami-Dade Police Department's "Operation Summer Heat" contributed to the decline.

The operation, which began in June and involved dozens of law enforcement agencies, was designed to take guns off the streets and targeted violent people and violent areas of the county.

Officials said the operation led to more than 3,300 felony arrests and over 1,200 guns recovered.

Who could've guessed that taking guns out of people's hands could curb gun violence? Strange how that happens. 

10 minutes ago, Engorgeous George said:

I wonder how many folks he employed and how well they were paid so that they may spend in the local economy thereby stimilating other jobs.  I would think not all that many.  This is not like, I suspect, losing an amazon distribution center or a car manufacturing plant.  Still, it is interesting.

It doesn't matter because in HT's world this will offset Disney. Disney brings in 5.8 billion annually to Florida's revenues. Citadel Securities most it brought into Illinois' revenue was 600 million. 

2 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Chicago had 252 violent crimes committed per 100,000 people. Miami had 207 per 100,000 people.

Chicago had 1174 property crimes committed per 100,000 people. Miami had 1134 per 100,000 people.

So again- the difference is negligible. Also for informational purposes- Chicago has 2.7 million people. Miami has 461,000 people. 

Who could've guessed that taking guns out of BLACK people's hands could curb gun violence? Strange how that happens. 

It doesn't matter because in HT's world this will offset Disney. Disney brings in 5.8 billion annually to Florida's revenues. Citadel Securities most it brought into Illinois' revenue was 600 million. 

I added and bolded just 1 word to make your statement accurate.

1 minute ago, Alias Detective said:

I added and bolded just 1 word to make your statement accurate.

No white people committing gun violence in Miami?

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Who could've guessed that taking guns out of people's hands could curb gun violence? Strange how that happens. 

Of the Illinois revenue I wonder how much went to Chicago.  What is the loss here, other than perception and maybe starting a trend.  Will this start a trend.  Is there alrerady a trend?  I recall some leaving California, /san /fran soecifically, for Texas with similar explanations.

20 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

When is Chicago going to start getting guns off the streets? And I already explained to you the “violent crimes “ fallacy. And there is more than one citadel moving to Florida. There are many companies doing it.  Disney was going to. But you pick one out and hold it against Disney. Let me know when people and companies start moving from Florida to Chicago.  You’re so blinded by rage you can’t see what’s in front of you. Chicago is more violent than Miami. It’s just a fact, and you can’t spin it another way. But you know better than the people that are leaving one place for another. NY lost congressional seats. Florida gained them.  But continue on with your flailing. 

• Thanks 1

Not to worry. The Smollett family can easily replace with all their acting talent

So Florida and Texas gain seats in congress, and illiinois, NY and California lose seats. Citadel! 

Pointless to debate if he is right about the crime, he is moving, period. Other have already done so, will continue.

Cite anything you want, self-pacify any way you want. 

Liberal policies will chase good people away, and leave nothing but human trash, and will gut the local economies of these cities. 

Fold your arms and pretend they are all just so wrong, as they do this.....see how that works out. 

Just now, RLLD said:

Pointless to debate if he is right about the crime, he is moving, period. Other have already done so, will continue.

Cite anything you want, self-pacify any way you want. 

Liberal policies will chase good people away, and leave nothing but human trash, and will gut the local economies of these cities. 

Fold your arms and pretend they are all just so wrong, as they do this.....see how that works out. 

That’s why they have to use “ violent crime rate”. It would be like saying a student who gets a D is the same as one who gets an A. They both passed, right? Assault 3 and murder are both violent crimes. When the murders go up, get the Assault 3’s down. Or just make it that people won’t bother to report them. They all get thrown into the “violent crime” rate. Liberals can’t even see how they get played. 

12 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

That’s why they have to use “ violent crime rate”. It would be like saying a student who gets a D is the same as one who gets an A. They both passed, right? Assault 3 and murder are both violent crimes. When the murders go up, get the Assault 3’s down. Or just make it that people won’t bother to report them. They all get thrown into the “violent crime” rate. Liberals can’t even see how they get played. 

Use what ever you want.

People are leaving California, New York, and now we see this in Chicago.....people leave places where it is bad.  It is ALWAYS bad in areas where liberal policies dominate. 

He's not wrong, and it's not just a problem on the southside or in the loop.  Even this guy's stores in the posh Chicago burbs are getting hit.

3 robbery in hinsdale . 5 robbery’s and looting in chicago store , and 3 in Deerfield (Chicagoland)

35 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

He's not wrong, and it's not just a problem on the southside or in the loop.  Even this guy's stores in the posh Chicago burbs are getting hit.

3 robbery in hinsdale . 5 robbery’s and looting in chicago store , and 3 in Deerfield (Chicagoland)

Property crime. Doesn’t factor. 

3 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

Way too many yanks moving here.

I focking hated the New Yorkers down there when i lived in St. Pete for 3 years. And I didn't grow up there. You could easily see the obnoxiousness in them compared to the homers. 

Just now, Utilit99 said:

I focking hated the New Yorkers down there when i lived in St. Pete for 3 years. And I didn't grow up there. You could easily see the obnoxiousness in them compared to the homers. 

They drive like absolute sh!t too.

4 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

They drive like absolute sh!t too.

I’d like to move there. My first move would be to hang an American Flag outside my house. 

3 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I’d like to move there. My first move would be to hang an American Flag outside my house. 

But then wiffle would call you jingoistic, and you wouldn't want that. 

1 minute ago, Utilit99 said:

But then wiffle would call you jingoistic, and you wouldn't want that. 

I’d just be trying to let my neighbors know I was there to get away from woke, not bring it. 

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

You should move to Florida you'd fit right in here. You'd probably like SW FL alot.

9 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

You should move to Florida you'd fit right in here. You'd probably like SW FL alot.

Yeah well, it ain’t happening. Wish it were. Too much family here. 

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I’d just be trying to let my neighbors know I was there to get away from woke, not bring it. 

An American flag means that you're anti-woke?

10 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Yeah well, it ain’t happening. Wish it were. Too much family here. 

They won't miss you.

4 minutes ago, vomit said:

An American flag means that you're anti-woke?

It’s a start. Lot of people in your camp took them down in 2016. 

3 minutes ago, vomit said:

They won't miss you.

My family? Why would you say that? 

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

It’s a start. Lot of people in your camp took them down in 2016. 

I don't live in a camp, but my flag is still there, where it has been since 2001 (It's been replaced a number of times, not the OG flag)

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

My family? Why would you say that? 

Because you're annoying AF.

Just now, vomit said:

I don't live in a camp, but my flag is still there, where it has been since 2001 (It's been replaced a number of times, not the OG flag)

Then I would put up a Thin Blue Line flag. And a USMC one. That ought to do it. 

• Like 1

Just now, vomit said:

Because you're annoying AF.

That’s a lot better than being a POS. Glad you’re calming down a bit. 

2 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I literally posted both violent crime and property crime rates. Seriously man- learn to read. 

20 minutes ago, vomit said:

They won't miss you.

They'd probably throw a party.