Sign in to follow this  
Cloaca du jour

Company virtue signaling list.

Is it ironic that the company willing to pay 4k in expenses for its female employees and families to get an abortion is D1cks?

It begs the question...is it cheaper than maternity leave?

Is this a fiscal bottom line decision.

Remember when companies just made products instead of political statements?

2 hours ago, Cloaca du jour said:

Is it ironic that the company willing to pay 4k in expenses for its female employees and families to get an abortion is D1cks?

Families are inconvenient for employers.  We have an old saying at work..."If the fire dept wanted you to have a family, we would have issued you one when you graduated the academy."

2 hours ago, Cloaca du jour said:

Wife and I discussed this, but more from the health insurance perspective.  It's hella cheaper to pay for abortion and travel than to pay maternity costs, so it's a no brainer to them.  

From the employer's perspective, interesting question.  On the one hand it is cheaper than the cost of maternity leave, plus missed time for sick kids etc.  But kids lead to stability and less turnover; turnover is very expensive to companies.  Mostly I think it is a chance for them to provide a useful option to their employees.  There appears very little downside to it, and one can argue that it is a way of staying out of politics -- they aren't MAKING you get an abortion, but merely providing an option.

Maybe they should just buy them condoms? 

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Wife and I discussed this, but more from the health insurance perspective.  It's hella cheaper to pay for abortion and travel than to pay maternity costs, so it's a no brainer to them.  

From the employer's perspective, interesting question.  On the one hand it is cheaper than the cost of maternity leave, plus missed time for sick kids etc.  But kids lead to stability and less turnover; turnover is very expensive to companies.  Mostly I think it is a chance for them to provide a useful option to their employees.  There appears very little downside to it, and one can argue that it is a way of staying out of politics -- they aren't MAKING you get an abortion, but merely providing an option.

Excellent points.

It also lets employers know which of their female employees are DTF without caring about potential outcomes.  :banana:

• Haha 2

Pretty soon we'll start seeing companies touting their ranking on the "Best Companies For Getting An Abortion" list. 

Who sells baseball bats besides Dicks? I have to get the boy a new one for the fall. 

5 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Who sells baseball bats besides Dicks? I have to get the boy a new one for the fall. 

Look online.  There's always websites offering good deals on good bats.

I think I bought my last bat at a place called Modell's. Got a new one for our 16" softball league. 

1 hour ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Look online.  There's always websites offering good deals on good bats.

I guess. But I’d like him to try it it first. Maybe I’ll just go to Dicks to check them out then I’ll just order it.