edjr

Can we finish 18 Fireball shots in nine holes of golf?

ehhh.  texting and driving is bad, and should probably carry a stiffer penalty to deter people from doing it. Glancing at your phone while driving 45mph can have very severe consequences. I'm not going to lie and say I dont do it from time to time but I have made an effort to stop, and i've caught myself trying to respond to someone or type in an address for navigation while driving and i've almost swiped a parked car.

I still would say being drunk and driving is worse and should carry stiffer penalties just for the fact that texting while driving impairs you for the duration you're looking at your phone. being drunk impairs you the entire time you're behind the wheel. 

many would say it doesn't matter and im splitting hairs but I kind of liken getting briefly distracted by your phone to getting briefly distracted by tuning your radio, setting your on board navi, etc. 

1 hour ago, Horseman said:

I don't think I commented on Ed, specifically.  What's the standard DUI penalty, more or less than the $127 ticket for texting?

You answered your own question later, and you responded to Ed's attempt to equate driving while blacked out to glancing at a text.

Are you saying those are equivalent?  If not just please stop, and yes I can't believe we are at this point.

If your point is that 0.08 (which is irrelevant to Ed's situation) and texting should be closer in penalties, then congrats, walk away with your hard-fought internet chat bored victory in a fight only you were wagering.  :thumbsup: 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

You answered your own question later, and you responded to Ed's attempt to equate driving while blacked out to glancing at a text.

Are you saying those are equivalent?  If not just please stop, and yes I can't believe we are at this point.

If your point is that 0.08 (which is irrelevant to Ed's situation) and texting should be closer in penalties, then congrats, walk away with your hard-fought internet chat bored victory in a fight only you were wagering.  :thumbsup: 

Isn't the point of message boards to discuss things, why do you think it's fighting?  Fighting is saying something like someone should do $2800 worth of damage to your face.

DOES ANYONE REALLY THINKS IT'S OK TO BLACKOUT WHILE DRIVING????   NO, just Ed being Ed talking about a thing that happened one time long ago.  So I decided to take the conversation to something that's worth having.  You feel free to bow out if you want.

0.08 is very equivalent to texting while driving, 3 beers doesn't even phase me.  Should it only be a $100 fine, probably not.  But it shouldn't be 10 days in jail and loose your license either for fok sake.

1 minute ago, Horseman said:

Isn't the point of message boards to discuss things, why do you think it's fighting?  Fighting is saying something like someone should do $2800 worth of damage to your face.

DOES ANYONE REALLY THINKS IT'S OK TO BLACKOUT WHILE DRIVING????   NO, just Ed being Ed talking about a thing that happened one time long ago.  So I decided to take the conversation to something that's worth having.  

0.08 is very equivalent to texting while driving, 3 beers doesn't even phase me.  Should it only be a $100 fine, probably not.  But it shouldn't be 10 days in jail and loose your license either for fok sake.

Fair enough, and FWIW I dislike the "1 BAC fits all" way the laws work; the roadside tests are intended to show impairment and a good result should make the penalties less severe..  BTW AZ is, from a practical perspective, 1 day and not 10 for a first offense standard DUI.

Minimum 10 days in jail (all but 24 hours may be suspended after alcohol screening is completed)

Rude-y Giallani could............PIECE OF CAKE for that ALCOHOLIC S O B. Lying P O S he is..............................a guy walks by, pats him on the back, he's SO STUPID DRUNK he almost falls down-and screams assault............he's the biggest drunken pu$$y in the freeworld!

4 hours ago, MTSkiBum said:

Yes.

The problem is not the penalties for DUI, the problem is the penalties for texting and driving.

The “problem” is edjr got black out drunk and got behind the wheel of a car. 

Texting drivers have nothing to do with that stupid focking decision 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, edjr said:

Running over someone aside.

It ain't a crime if you don't get caught. You scum lawyer focks know that well.

I don’t give a fock if it’s a crime. 

It’s an incredibly dangerous and irresponsible thing to do

But you don’t give a sh!t, because you’re a colossal doosh without a care in the world 

6 hours ago, Horseman said:

I think the argument is treating them equivalent.  Obviously if you kill someone with your car you are responsible for that, likely charged with manslaughter, regardless if you are drunk or texting or whatever.  

Now if you get caught texting it's $127 ticket.  If you get caught at 0.08 blood alcohol your life could be ruined at worst, 10-20K in legal fees to get a reduced sentence at best. 

There is no argument

He made a terrible decision

Period

10 minutes ago, vuduchile said:

I don’t give a fock if it’s a crime. 

It’s an incredibly dangerous and irresponsible thing to do

But you don’t give a sh!t, because you’re a colossal doosh without a care in the world 

I see people texting and using their phone ALL the time.  Incredibly dangerous. $127 ticket.  

4 hours ago, WhiteWonder said:

ehhh.  texting and driving is bad, and should probably carry a stiffer penalty to deter people from doing it. Glancing at your phone while driving 45mph can have very severe consequences. I'm not going to lie and say I dont do it from time to time but I have made an effort to stop, and i've caught myself trying to respond to someone or type in an address for navigation while driving and i've almost swiped a parked car.

I still would say being drunk and driving is worse and should carry stiffer penalties just for the fact that texting while driving impairs you for the duration you're looking at your phone. being drunk impairs you the entire time you're behind the wheel. 

many would say it doesn't matter and im splitting hairs but I kind of liken getting briefly distracted by your phone to getting briefly distracted by tuning your radio, setting your on board navi, etc. 

NO WAY.........at least a drunk has their eyes on the road-unlike the arrogant, selfish jerks that text and drive. Texting and driving should be a stiffer sentence for sure, I've seen the results too many times.

3 hours ago, Horseman said:

I see people texting and using their phone ALL the time.  Incredibly dangerous. $127 ticket.  

Spoken like another drunk driver

So what does that have to do with what edjr did?

7 hours ago, vuduchile said:

Spoken like another drunk driver

So what does that have to do with what edjr did?

Dunno. I'm just wondering how I got home last night. I dont see any damage to the Corvette thankfully.  :thumbsup: