Sign in to follow this  
wiffleball

Colin K sux

It might be a ploy on his part to remain relevant or to gain something.

This clown is all about himself.  He might very well know what the outcome is, but in doing this he can restore his place in the virtue-signalling corps.

Maybe he sees this as a way to get more $$ from Nike and such

2 minutes ago, RLLD said:

It might be a ploy on his part to remain relevant or to gain something.

This clown is all about himself.  He might very well know what the outcome is, but in doing this he can restore his place in the virtue-signalling corps.

Maybe he sees this as a way to get more $$ from Nike and such

Just Do It.  Even If You Suck.  #BRAVE

That's what I've been saying for a long time about this guy. This idea that all the owners got together to blackball him for his kneeling nonsense. This league will employ the worst of the worst if it helps them get even a 1% better chance of getting to the super bowl. Nobody would give a s*** if this guy was a talk to your quarterback. Hell, even DeSean Watson just scored a huge deal  & he's a piece of s***. And not that good of a quarterback.

That's why I'm so glad that he crapped out of this tryout. No jackass, it's not because you're a social activist, it's because you're a s***** f****** quarterback.

The media blasted Sapp when his comments came out as they are supposed to.  Kap is on the SJW Mount Rushmore.  :lol: 

Just now, TimmySmith said:

The media blasted Sapp when his comments came out as they are supposed to.  Kap is on the SJW Mount Rushmore.  :lol: 

To be fair Warren Sapp is obviously a white supremacist.  Why else would he lie about The Woke Messiah? 

5 minutes ago, DonS said:

To be fair Warren Sapp is obviously a white supremacist.  Why else would he lie about The Woke Messiah? 

He either falls in line with the approved way of thinking or he gets a label, everyone knows the rules.  Think as directed, or else. 

The wheels may have already come off the starting gig, but he was still one of the best backups in the league IMO when this happened, even if the guy ahead of him was Blaine Gabbart. I'm sure a lot of teams would have been happy to have him come in as an emergency backup if he weren't a jackass. 

Now apparently, the rust is so deep that the talent isn't there for that anymore

1 hour ago, Voltaire said:

The wheels may have already come off the starting gig, but he was still one of the best backups in the league IMO when this happened, even if the guy ahead of him was Blaine Gabbart. I'm sure a lot of teams would have been happy to have him come in as an emergency backup if he weren't a jackass. 

Now apparently, the rust is so deep that the talent isn't there for that anymore

Another problem was he priced himself out to the league. Teams don't want $7M backups. 

14 minutes ago, sderk said:

Another problem was he priced himself out to the league. Teams don't want $7M backups. 

He wanted to make sure he was an incredibly well paid slave and not just a well paid slave. To take less would be selling out his morals. :rolleyes:

2 minutes ago, DonS said:

He wanted to make sure he was an incredibly well paid slave and not just a well paid slave. To take less would be selling out his morals. :rolleyes:

Dude is nuts. He was offered like $3M to back up and he turned it down. Now he's a victim somehow. 

And everyone bought into it, it seemed.

At my salary it would take me like 20 years to make $3M.  

51 minutes ago, sderk said:

Dude is nuts. He was offered like $3M to back up and he turned it down. Now he's a victim somehow. 

And everyone bought into it, it seemed.

At my salary it would take me like 20 years to make $3M.  

so, yeah, I am more successful than you. 

Wasn't there some positive reports about a workout he had recently?

3 minutes ago, Herbivore said:

so, yeah, I am more successful than you. 

Wasn't there some positive reports about a workout he had recently?

Being more "successful in life" is not simply making more than $150,000 a year. 

I get the fact that you wouldn't know that. 

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, sderk said:

Being more "successful in life" is not simply making more than $150,000 a year. 

I get the fact that you wouldn't know that. 

whatever helps you get by peon

8 minutes ago, Herbivore said:

whatever helps you get by peon

"peon" huh? Do tell. Or are you just full of shlt?

i've had so many "arguments" about Kaepernick with family and friends who know sports, some even working in sports... i'm almost tired of discussing it but then it gets my gears grinding all over again. 

The guy has ZERO right to a job in the NFL. No team (company) has to hire him and it doesn't have to be a racial discrimination issue. It can be as simple as "we don't want a media distraction, for any reason, regardless of the player." Ray Rice lost his job in the NFL for hitting a woman. He reconciled with the same woman, went through counseling/therapy, went and spoke to students about domestic violence, etc... and never got another chance in the NFL again. Was he nearing the end of the shelf life of a running back? Sure. Could he have signed somewhere as a veteran backup? Absolutely... but he wasn't entitled to it. 

At the time of this incident, Kaepernick was on the downside of his career as a starter. Yes, he had the skill to be a backup on most teams and maybe a bridge QB on a bad team. If the kneeling and everything after had never happened, I'm sure he continues to play in the NFL but I also wouldn't be so quick to say that the opportunities would be so abundant. Most bad teams want to do just enough to keep selling tickets/merch and lose games if they need to identify the next potential franchise QB. Very unlikely they would want to bring in a guy who possibly wins you an extra 2-3 games. Starting options would be limited to teams that have EVERYTHING else in place and just need a good game manager (not really Kapernick's style) or dumb teams like the Commanders bringing in a Carson Wentz to prolong the inevitable. Backup roles would have been more available but he likely was pricing or priding himself out of those anyway.... so when you factor in the media circus, who wants to sign a backup QB that comes with all that attached? 

So lets call him blackballed rather than call him a colossal fock up. 

"BUT what he did was important! He was peacefully protesting and bringing awareness to social injustice!" .........

.... was he? Yeah, it was a peaceful way to protest but also a disrespectful way to protest. You know what else is a peaceful way to protest? Telling the 49ers and the media that he's going to hold out or sit out / refuse to play until change happens! 

"he won't do that because he doesn't want to be a bad teammate"...

.... BULL. He won't do that because it will cost him in fines and lost game checks and he wants to play and prove he's still good. 

Bottom line, there were many ways that Kaepernick could have used his status as a very popular professional athlete (I think he was still in commercials for beats headphones around that time so still in demand as a sponsor) if he wanted to raise awareness for social injustice / police brutality /and other issues. Could have gone on tour lecturing at universities, started a charitable fund, talked about it in post game interviews, lots of other things. To my knowledge, he never did any of this until AFTER the kneeling, hoopla, claims of blackballing... He didn't ultimately end up bringing much awareness to his causes because the main talking points ended up being the actual action of kneeling and the flag. 

"BUT lot's of service men and women came out and said they were not offended by his actions, so it's no big deal."...

.... but some were offended, and that makes it too many. Especially when he had plenty of other avenues to go down for peacefully protesting which could have resulted in zero disrespect and 100% attention to his causes. He has never struck me as all that bright (telling the media he didn't vote, wearing pig socks) but I would think or hope the people around him would have helped him realize he was committing career suicide and there were better alternative ways to do this.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, sderk said:

"peon" huh? Do tell. Or are you just full of shlt?

This was intentionally crass for you. $150k/yr is great. I will do somewhere over 200k this yr, which will be my best. But I value work life balance more than most. I had a nice a paying safe job a few years ago, but was getting asked to travel more without good sales reason, so I quit. Took 16 months off, more than I planned, but Covid hit and I wanted what I wanted. So now, full work from home..Mass or Maine, travel 4 times per year to conferences, easier sales cycle.  

18 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

He didn't ultimately end up bringing much awareness to his causes because the main talking points ended up being the actual action of kneeling and the flag. 

"BUT lot's of service men and women came out and said they were not offended by his actions, so it's no big deal."...

.... but some were offended, and that makes it too many. Especially when he had plenty of other avenues to go down for peacefully protesting which could have resulted in zero disrespect and 100% attention to his causes. He has never struck me as all that bright (telling the media he didn't vote, wearing pig socks) but I would think or hope the people around him would have helped him realize he was committing career suicide and there were better alternative ways to do this.

Don't quite agree with this last part. I certainly didn't agree with Kaep but think this angle was weak and a mistake by people and righty media, like that twat Tomi. I think if people would have talked this out with him, and some others, like in a series of tv interviews, instead of saying shut up Kaep you hate America, we might have avoided a lot of unnecessary stupid violence.

3 minutes ago, Herbivore said:

Don't quite agree with this last part. I certainly didn't agree with Kaep but think this angle was weak and a mistake by people and righty media, like that twat Tomi. I think if people would have talked this out with him, and some others, like in a series of tv interviews, instead of saying shut up Kaep you hate America, we might have avoided a lot of unnecessary stupid violence.

which angle? I think there were a few points in the part of my post you quoted.  You think his actions led people to talk more about his cause than his actual action? Or you disagree that any service people were offended? Or you think there were not other avenues he could have gone down and he chose the best plan of action and it was up to the media to respond to him and give him a series of interviews as a result?

Couldn't he have used his status as famous football player to request a series of interviews from the start? Certainly many media outlets would have wanted to let him voice his opinions on what I agree is an important topic. 

7 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

which angle? I think there were a few points in the part of my post you quoted. 

You think his actions led people to talk more about his cause than his actual action?

I think people who chose to speak about the kneeling over the cause would have looked for any reason not to talk about the cause. 

Or you disagree that any service people were offended?

Service people were offended, but many backed him(Nate Boyer did some nice work here..he is the one rhat actually got Kaep to kneel, he was sitting up until thay spoke). He had service support and rejection. I don't think the offended should get their way too often.

Or you think there were not other avenues he could have gone down and he chose the best plan of action and it was up to the media to respond to him and give him a series of interviews as a result?

He did not choose the best plan. He is not the brightest guy. Righty media and people attacked him, there was no need for that. He could have just been ignored, like any number of former athletes that sat during the anthem. Had anyone calmly said let's have discussion panel to review your claims, I believe we could have had a better outcome. The Back the Blue types needed to win 1 Guy. They instead attacked.

Couldn't he have used his status as famous football player to request a series of interviews from the start?

He could have. I don't know other avenues he or other people tried. I do know in Boston that a bunch of cooonts stopped a Uhaul truck on the highway, jumped out of the back with barrels and blocked the road. Someone died that day cause they couldn't get to hospital. Kaep was at least peaceful.

Certainly many media outlets would have wanted to let him voice his opinions on what I agree is an important topic. 

All the righties wanted was to tell him to shut up

22 minutes ago, Herbivore said:

I think people who chose to speak about the kneeling over the cause would have looked for any reason not to talk about the cause. 

I'm sure some did and do. I have had no issue talking about the cause but found myself in constant discussions about the action rather than the issues he was trying to raise awareness for. Or at least it felt like a 50-50 conversation. Had he chosen a less controversial way, I think much more of the discussion would have centered around the issues and from there, racist people or people unwilling to admit to any police brutality probably would have tried to spin it on something else, but he handed them an easy out.

Service people were offended, but many backed him(Nate Boyer did some nice work here..he is the one rhat actually got Kaep to kneel, he was sitting up until thay spoke). He had service support and rejection. I don't think the offended should get their way too often.

I would tend to agree that offended people shouldn't always get their way... but we are not talking about a bunch of snowflakes here. We are talking about disrespecting some service men and women (and they/thems :lol: ) who did a lot to protect the country and in general, keep it the type of place that allows someone like Colin Kaepernick the opportunity to make millions of dollars playing a game.

He did not choose the best plan. He is not the brightest guy. Righty media and people attacked him, there was no need for that. He could have just been ignored, like any number of former athletes that sat during the anthem. Had anyone calmly said let's have discussion panel to review your claims, I believe we could have had a better outcome. The Back the Blue types needed to win 1 Guy. They instead attacked.

When you do something blatantly controversial, you're going to be attacked by some and defended by others. Sure, Righty media attacked him... did no media defend him? He could have been ignored but that wasn't his intent when he knelt. You can't do something intentionally controversial and expect to be ignored by those who disagree while at the same time sparking change.

He could have. I don't know other avenues he or other people tried. I do know in Boston that a bunch of cooonts stopped a Uhaul truck on the highway, jumped out of the back with barrels and blocked the road. Someone died that day cause they couldn't get to hospital. Kaep was at least peaceful.

The topic is Kaepernick so i'm not really concerned with what anyone else tried. I'm not sure what else he may have tried before kneeling but I am fairly certain that when i've asked people why he didn't start a charity or fund or go speak at rallies and universities etc, I was told that he did do those things.... but it was all done well AFTER the kneeling. What he did was absolutely peaceful, just also disrespectful. 

All the righties wanted was to tell him to shut up

Like with most issues, one side will want the person to stop / be quiet and the other side will want to back them / encourage. No disagreement here. A Majority of my thoughts regarding Kaepernick are about how he went about it and why it shouldn't be shocking that it ruined what was left of his career. 

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

My point about the Boston thing is that people were trying to raise awareness, when they did, they did it with actual negative consequence. people then would not focus on the cause, so then Kaep goes his way, and its still we don't like how you are protesting. ie we are not gonna focus on your cause no matter what. Again, even if we all here think his cause flawed. And again, many athletes have sat in protest, there was nary a peep when they did. 

I was really pulling for him to make a comeback cause I'm 100% certain he got blackballed for a while. However him changing the workout spots and then this time just performing like just proves to me he doesnt want to play in the NFL anymore. He just wants to stay relevant and is doing a bad job at it. Was really hoping I could start pulling for the Raiders but oh well

As a former NFL fan, a Seattle Seahawks fan, I can tell you that Kaepernick sucks. I think he went something like 1-9 vs Seattle in his career, or at least it seemed that way. 

Classic numbskull. Can't read a defense, can't process his reads and options, and Seattle ran plain vanilla defenses, daring you to beat their speed. Kaepernick would take the snap, and would look at one read, and chuck it. Or if the receiver wasn't open, tuck it and run. Thing is, the SF coaching staff did an outstanding job of elevating his ability with a very good ground game, very good play calling, and an outstanding defense. 

Kaepernick was a fraud. 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, phillybear said:

As a former NFL fan, a Seattle Seahawks fan, I can tell you that Kaepernick sucks. I think he went something like 1-9 vs Seattle in his career, or at least it seemed that way. 

Classic numbskull. Can't read a defense, can't process his reads and options, and Seattle ran plain vanilla defenses, daring you to beat their speed. Kaepernick would take the snap, and would look at one read, and chuck it. Or if the receiver wasn't open, tuck it and run. Thing is, the SF coaching staff did an outstanding job of elevating his ability with a very good ground game, very good play calling, and an outstanding defense. 

Kaepernick was a fraud. 

:thumbsup: Drop back, look at primary, not wide open, can't throw an accurate pass, take off running. Is and always was total garbage. At this point he's just tryin to find avenues for income from idiots like nike.

All I know is I made bank on 4 of his Rookie Cards (like $1,500) the last time he was in the news and now I have none left thank God.