supermike80

Name 3 Tragic world events you would like to go back to, assuming you weren't harmed

10 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

D-Day

Any EF5 tornado

I'd replace D-Day with the Mount St. Helens eruption, & for a specific tornado, Jarrell Texas Tuesday, May 27th, 1997

The Jarrell coverage begins @ 24:58

The Falcons SB meltdown

2004 Indian Ocean tsunami

Kurt Vonnegut’s deathbed

8 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Maybe D-Day so I could show them a picture of Rachel Levine in its uniform. They might not want to hit that beachhead. 

Good point. Maybe show the US leadership Germany is the good guys.

12 hours ago, supermike80 said:

Little beer infused conversation last night about three events you wish you could have seen happen life.  Yeah yeah, tragic, but interesting

For me:

The Titanic sinking.   Just watching the iceberg hit, seeing the reactions, seeing if it was actually as calm as portrayed until things got super dicey.

JFK Shooting.   Stand by the grassy knoll and see if there truly was someone else.  

Hiroshima at ground zero.   NOT to see the deaths, but to be able to witness how powerful that thing was when it hit.

Do you have the same knowledge you have now? Or when you get transported is it like you’re experiencing things without knowing the outcome? And can you pick the exact moment of the day? 

1. the birth of Hitler. (I’m killing that baby)

2. 9/11. Before the flights take off I’m calling in that hijackers are boarding. bomb threats to the airports if I have to. Anything I can think of. 

3. Super Bowl III so I can see the Jets win a super bowl, and lay everything on them in Vegas. 

9 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I was there. The weird thing about that night is the beer lines were so short. I think everyone was just too into the game. So every time one of us went to the bathroom, which the line for was also short, we got a round. Didn’t miss a pitch. I got focked up, something I usually didn’t do at games.  

Best series in sports history 

wait. I meant the 2004 ALCS. 2003 World Series was a close second. 

If I could go back in time and be sitting right next to Dale right before he took a right. I would say dale, dale? Turn left! Turn left.

I think he just forgot how it works. Maybe he was in Australia before that. You know how toilets swirl the other way down there? Maybe it's the same thing with racing. It you know it's a theory, I don't know. But all I know is I miss him. And it's never been the same without him.

Ya know, If he just would have gone left instead of right...

12 hours ago, wiffleball said:

Maybe he was in Australia before that. You know how toilets swirl the other way down there?

That is a myth...

On 6/29/2022 at 9:39 AM, TheNewGirl said:

Trojan War/Horse 

That's a cool one.

Can't take the time to thoughtfully think about 3, but for personal reasons, the 2018 Camp Fire in CA.

Serious answer? I guess the top of my list will be littleton,  Derick Harris and Dylan Cyborg.

Literally  started this whole thing. They weren't the first but they were first in this era. And often times, if the shooter survives, they frequently mentioned  columbine.

JFK accidental shooting by SSAgent, standing right where that car was when he pulled the prototype AR out.

The asteroid that took out the dinosaurs.

Battle of Gettysburg maybe 

On 6/29/2022 at 12:36 PM, Voltaire said:

Like a society of Amazons where they kill all the men except one who they use to procreate with.

I was trying to think of something similar.  i just could not come up with a real world example.  Good job.   :cheers:

18 hours ago, WhiteWonder said:

Do you have the same knowledge you have now? Or when you get transported is it like you’re experiencing things without knowing the outcome? And can you pick the exact moment of the day? 

1. the birth of Hitler. (I’m killing that baby)

2. 9/11. Before the flights take off I’m calling in that hijackers are boarding. bomb threats to the airports if I have to. Anything I can think of. 

3. Super Bowl III so I can see the Jets win a super bowl, and lay everything on them in Vegas. 

In our discussion it was experiencing it with knowledge of the outcome but unable to change anything and are unharmed.

So like with the titanic being on the ship but unable to interact with anyone and not drowning

I'm not really into "tragedies", but since this is the topic:

The Jim Jones/Kool-aid mass suicide.   That whole thing is so messed up and incomprehensible that I guess seeing it would help understanding it.  

Krakatoa eruption.    One of the largest in history.    Supposedly the tidal wave caused by it reached 140 feet tall (!!!)

15th century - Just before European colonization of the Americas.   It's estimated that 80% of the pre-existing population died from diseases, mostly smallpox, that the Europeans brought with them and the native Americans  had no immunity to.   I think it would be fascinating to see what North and South America looked like and how the people lived before most of them got wiped out.  

death of the last neanderthal.

lost roanoke colony.

last week i bought 1 steak when i should have bought 2.  it was right there.  tragic.

17 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

In our discussion it was experiencing it with knowledge of the outcome but unable to change anything and are unharmed.

So like with the titanic being on the ship but unable to interact with anyone and not drowning

gotcha. Then i suppose my answers would be very different.... Also i realized I listed the Jets Super Bowl win because I had taken myself out of tragedy mode and just wanted to see something cool and gamble on it :lol:

Titanic would be up there for me under your guidelines. 

16 hours ago, naomi said:

Can't take the time to thoughtfully think about 3, but for personal reasons, the 2018 Camp Fire in CA.

I know a lot about that fire