Sign in to follow this  
MDC

Durant wants out of Brooklyn

Word is he wants to come to Phoenix.  We've been tracking all day.  :banana: 

3 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Any coincidence this happens two days after Kyrie opts in?

Whats it gonna cost though?  Sign and trade with Ayton and how much more.

I think he ends up in philly.

1 minute ago, patweisers44 said:

Whats it gonna cost though?  Sign and trade with Ayton and how much more.

I think he ends up in philly

I just heard the Nets don't want Ayton, not sure if it is true.  I wouldn't give up Booker so it would need to be something like Ayton and (Bridges or Cam Johnson or both).

It's been years since I've watched an NBA game.

At this point, I understand rooting for your team, but I have no idea how anyone can root for these players that engineer their way to teams, sign big contracts, then in 2 or 3 years cry that they don't want to play for that team anymore and force their way out.

2 hours ago, jerryskids said:

1 hour ago, jerryskids said:

I just heard the Nets don't want Ayton, not sure if it is true.  I wouldn't give up Booker so it would need to be something like Ayton and (Bridges or Cam Johnson or both).

Booker is singing a super max deal tonight. Mistake 

1 minute ago, shorepatrol said:

Booker is singing a super max deal tonight. Mistake 

Heard that.  I disagree; why do you think so?  :cheers: 

Just now, jerryskids said:

Heard that.  I disagree; why do you think so?  :cheers: 

He's Klay Thompson without the defense, post up game or leadership IMO. 

4 minutes ago, shorepatrol said:

He's Klay Thompson without the defense, post up game or leadership IMO. 

Interesting, so you think Klay is better?  I think of Klay as a nice complement to "the man," a guy like Steph who is the alpha on the team.  Booker is an alpha, he has the constitution and game to be "the man", and continues to get better.

Also I appreciate that Booker stuck with us through some, let's face it, disgusting years of... I hesitate to call it basketball.  I like to watch players grow and blossom.  :cheers: 

16 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Interesting, so you think Klay is better?  I think of Klay as a nice complement to "the man," a guy like Steph who is the alpha on the team.  Booker is an alpha, he has the constitution and game to be "the man", and continues to get better.

Also I appreciate that Booker stuck with us through some, let's face it, disgusting years of... I hesitate to call it basketball.  I like to watch players grow and blossom.  :cheers: 

Klay in his prime was a much better player IMO (Although not an alpha). Booker is a wanna be alpha. I'd love to have Beal here instead. Beal, KD and Paul :banana:

20 minutes ago, shorepatrol said:

Klay in his prime was a much better player IMO (Although not an alpha). Booker is a wanna be alpha. I'd love to have Beal here instead. Beal, KD and Paul :banana:

Beal just signed a supermax, and besides I don't think he's better than Booker in the alpha role.

10 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Beal just signed a supermax, and besides I don't think he's better than Booker in the alpha role.

Wizards gonna Wizard.

52 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

Ya just saw that. I'd like you to be right about booker. Just like Ayton. I'll settle for KD, Booker and Paul for a couple titles too :banana:

I saw the spurs made a trade the other day. I haven't followed them, or basketball for that matter since David Robinson retired. Was it a good deal for them?

1 hour ago, Kopy said:

I saw the spurs made a trade the other day. I haven't followed them, or basketball for that matter since David Robinson retired. Was it a good deal for them?

Yes. Sorry you missed the Tim Duncan era.

NBA is a joke. Other than to guarantee the likes of Westbrook and Cryrie Irving getting paid, why do they have contracts?

3 hours ago, MDC said:

Yes. Sorry you missed the Tim Duncan era.

Yeah, I bailed on baseball and basketball a long time ago. Now I just casually observe to see if they won or not. Probably still just a habit more than anything else. I couldn't even tell you who they have on there team. I just heard it was a big trade so curious if it was good for them or not.

20 minutes ago, Kopy said:

Yeah, I bailed on baseball and basketball a long time ago. Now I just casually observe to see if they won or not. Probably still just a habit more than anything else. I couldn't even tell you who they have on there team. I just heard it was a big trade so curious if it was good for them or not.

Their best player, all-star point guard Dejounte Murray told them he would not resign with the Spurs now or in the future.  They traded him away to the Atlanta Hawks for 3 first round draft picks and Danilo Gallinari.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/34169244/sources-atlanta-hawks-acquire-guard-dejounte-murray-san-antonio-spurs-three-1st-round-picks-danilo-gallinari

Murray, age 25, averaged a career-best 21.1 points, 9.2 assists, 8.3 rebounds and 2.0 steals in 68 games last season, earning All-Star honors for the first time in his career. He had 13 triple-doubles, setting the single-season franchise record for the Spurs, according to ESPN Stats & Information research.

36 minutes ago, Kopy said:

I get it. The older I get the less I care. I’ve been thinking about cancelling cable and doing something better with my time.

15 hours ago, KSB2424 said:

I’d rather catch the MonkeyVirus

All you had to do was ask :wub: 

1 hour ago, MDC said:

I get it. The older I get the less I care. I’ve been thinking about cancelling cable and doing something better with my time.

Try to outpost utitty on Christmas and thanksgiving? 

Leading rumor now is a 3 team deal that sends KD to Phoenix, Ayton to Utah, and Mitchell to NJ.  NJ wants a lot of picks so I'm sure those are part of the deal, plus maybe some other players.

So Utah would rather have Ayton than Donovan Mitchell?  That’s focking stupid.

13 hours ago, Gepetto said:

I believe Mitchell wants out of Utah 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Gepetto said:

I dunno.  I don't think Mitchell is all that special.  Ayton has the potential to be special.