Sign in to follow this  
Pimpadeaux

Hey Voltaire! Your cat has arrived!

22 hours ago, Pimpadeaux said:

A Dallas rescue group Thursday reached out to our group to see if we had any room for three kittens and their mother.

A woman with bipolar disease was fostering them over there and became unstable and demanded that the rescue group take them back immediately. I'm guessing her foster days are over with that group.

The cats have ringworm, which is a rite of passage for kittens. Like chicken pox used to be years ago, just about every kitten gets ringworm, and they're usually one and done. 

The four kittens I posted in the contest thread have ringworm, so it made sense for us to take in the noobs. A transport chain delivered them to us just an hour or so ago. They'll live here for a week or two and then go up to the studio.

I've been given the green light for you to name this cute little female tortie kitten. I guess she is about eight to 10 weeks old.

I'll have to veto a name if we've had one with the same name in the system before. I know you won't try to name her fockface, cuntpotato, Horsewoman or something.

As promised, I present to you Voltaire's cat to name:

https://postimg.cc/HcWM1Fmg

She's a little shy right now, but we'll win her over pretty quickly and get her ready for adoption, and I'll chronicle her story here in long, boring details. 

Ringworm sucks...good luck getting a tortie to be a lap cat.  I had one and she was a lap cat, but they are notoriously fickle.

3 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

Ringworm sucks...good luck getting a tortie to be a lap cat.  I had one and she was a lap cat, but they are notoriously fickle.

Cat #13 is a tortie. She came to us feral as hell. Now she sits in my lap all night. She's very considerate about it, too. 

We usually eat dinner on the couch, and she waits until I'm done and put the dish away before she moves in for the lap. 

The breakthrough came when I caught her napping on a kitchen counter, and I stealthily moved in and Joe Bidened her, gently pinning her and giving her scritches.

If it's Voltys cat the correct name would be "dinner"

38 minutes ago, SUXBNME said:

If it's Voltys cat the correct name would be "dinner"

Not in this house. 

The notion that its not OK to eat cats and dogs is slowly gaining traction in China. In Shenzhen, the big international city where TBBOM works, they ban the consumption. I'm out in the sticks though so cultural resistance has been slower to get here, although Panzhihua is less common that Guiyang, let alone Yulin. It's still too common though.

17 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

Not in this house. 

The notion that its not OK to eat cats and dogs is slowly gaining traction in China. In Shenzhen, the big international city where TBBOM works, they ban the consumption. I'm out in the sticks though so cultural resistance has been slower to get here, although Panzhihua is less common that Guiyang, let alone Yulin. It's still too common though.

That's crazy.

I've read that Louisiana ships nutria meat over to China. In Texor, we have a terrible wild-hog problem. They breed like rabbits and do all kinds of damage. There are guided helicopter tours in which you can fly around and shoot them with semi-automatic weapons.

Seems like we could be shipping hog meat over to China. Beats cats and dogs.

6 hours ago, Pimpadeaux said:

That's crazy.

I've read that Louisiana ships nutria meat over to China. In Texor, we have a terrible wild-hog problem. They breed like rabbits and do all kinds of damage. There are guided helicopter tours in which you can fly around and shoot them with semi-automatic weapons.

Seems like we could be shipping hog meat over to China. Beats cats and dogs.

Oh, I've already made this post several times.