Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Baker Mayfield headed to Carolina

Better pick up then Darnold was, oh man who was that person that prediction that Anderson was going to have his best season with Darnold?  Mmmm. 

Lol that’s awesome.  

So Carolina didn't have a top 3 pick in 2018, but now have 2 of the players from the top 3.  Sadly, both play the same position (QB), and neither are good at it.  Looks like all this does is cements the fact that they'll be picking in the top 3 in 2023 and picking a QB.  Solidifying the fact that the 4 best QB's in the NFC South, all reside on the Tampa Bay roster.

7 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Solidifying the fact that the 4 best QB's in the NFC South, all reside on the Tampa Bay roster.

Good one 🙄

1 hour ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Solidifying the fact that the 4 best QB's in the NFC South, all reside on the Tampa Bay roster.

The 2nd QB on their depth chart is freaking Blaine Gabbert, I didn't even know he was still in the NFL 🤣

I know Baker isn't Tom Brady, but he's much better than any other QB on the Bucs

11 minutes ago, polecatt said:

The 2nd QB on their depth chart is freaking Blaine Gabbert, I didn't even know he was still in the NFL 🤣

I know Baker isn't Tom Brady, but he's much better than any other QB on the Bucs

It's called a joke... you know, like Mayfield.  Besides, I'd take Trask over Mayfield and Gabbert every day.  I'm hoping that at training camps' end, Trask is the official backup.

By season's end, I'd like to think that Trask will be the assumed starter in 2023.  If he's not, no biggie, we'll be drafting a 1st round QB just like Carolina... the difference is that they'll be taking one in the top 5 and we'll be taking one at #32.

I'd much rather have Trask and Gabbert than Mayfield.  He's terrible.  Doesn't even belong in the league level of terrible.  Mayfield, MIGHT be able to be on the roster of a XFL team, but not a starter.  He's not quite that good.

59 minutes ago, polecatt said:

yeah, and the fact hes much better than what they had speaks volumes to the type of team they were expecting to put on the field.

That said,  I'd say everyone on the offense gets a bump to their stat line.   Not a big bump, but a bump nonetheless.

This makes CMC even more of a DND at his ADP.

was trying to see how many TLAs I could get in there.

Baker basically had 1.5 good seasons, 1 ok season, and 1 bad season. His best season 2020 he had a 65.5 Total QBR good for 10th in the NFL. He is a slightly above average QB.

Mayfield played hurt all of last season. He’s better than what he showed in 2021 as a result.

2 hours ago, JagFan said:

So he had better value with Darnold who is clearly worst then Mayfield? 

Mayfield played on the Browns , a team that still has no direction. 

45 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Mayfield played on the Browns , a team that still has no direction. 

Something you can relate to 

Mayfield played through injury in his bad season, so he's still on an upward trajectory.

4 hours ago, weepaws said:

No worst than your grammar 

5 hours ago, wolves111 said:

Something you can relate to 

I never played on the Browns.  

8 hours ago, JagFan said:

6 hours ago, weepaws said:

1 hour ago, JagFan said:

No worst than your grammar 

So do you think he had better value with Darnold then with Mayfield? I know you don’t understand football, but let’s keep trying to teach you.  

Thanks

4 hours ago, weepaws said:

So do you think he had better value with Darnold then with Mayfield? I know you don’t understand football, but let’s keep trying to teach you.  

Thanks

No, I don’t understand football 😂

Yes, I think the team as a whole is better with Darnold.  They are both mediocre at best, but Baker’s personality is more disruptive.

And the Panthers were 3-1 last year with both Darnold and CMC on the field together.

2 hours ago, JagFan said:

Yes, I think the team as a whole is better with Darnold.  They are both mediocre at best, but Baker’s personality is more disruptive.

And the Panthers were 3-1 last year with both Darnold and CMC on the field together.

Baker is also the better play maker.  

16 hours ago, jrokh said:

Baker basically had 1.5 good seasons, 1 ok season, and 1 bad season. His best season 2020 he had a 65.5 Total QBR good for 10th in the NFL. He is a slightly above average QB.

Agree, which makes him a massive upgrade over Darnold and the current version of Cam

2 of the CBS guys moved Moore up to 6 and 10 overall in WR, PPR rankings.  6 is high but 10-12 seems about right assuming Baker is right

So they moved Moore up to a wr1 in Ppr?  That would be to high for me.  

5 hours ago, JagFan said:

Darnold is easily a better QB than Mayfield.  Though, neither are that good.  Keep in mind though that 2 of Darnold's wins came against the Jets and Houston.

9 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Darnold is easily a better QB than Mayfield.  Though, neither are that good.  Keep in mind though that 2 of Darnold's wins came against the Jets and Houston.

Lol. 

47 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

What evidence led you to that conclusion? Was it the advanced analytics or the winning % ?

Just now, jrokh said:

What evidence led you to that conclusion? Was it the advanced analytics or the winning % ?

Eyes, common sense, logic.  Mayfield played on a substantially better team that Darnold and barely put up better numbers.  Of course, we're talking about the 40th and 50th best QB's in the league, so I really don't care that much... it's why I'm making fun of them.

Just now, TBayXXXVII said:

Eyes, common sense, logic.  Mayfield played on a substantially better team that Darnold and barely put up better numbers.  Of course, we're talking about the 40th and 50th best QB's in the league, so I really don't care that much... it's why I'm making fun of them.

In 2020 Baker was the 10th best QB in the league by analytics. Darnold has always been at the very bottom. By Logic, Common Sense and gasp Data, Baker has been much better. No wonder you think Blaine Gabbert and Kyle Trask are better QBs than Baker. You either have no idea what you are talking about, are simply talking out of your arse-hole or most likely a combination of both…

4 minutes ago, jrokh said:

In 2020 Baker was the 10th best QB in the league by analytics. Darnold has always been at the very bottom. By Logic, Common Sense and gasp Data, Baker has been much better. No wonder you think Blaine Gabbert and Kyle Trask are better QBs than Baker. You either have no idea what you are talking about, are simply talking out of your arse-hole or most likely a combination of both…

Look, just because I'm smarter than you, it's no reason to call names.  I'm making fun of a bunch of bad QB's... you're the only one here who seems to think that I'm actually saying Gabbert is a good QB.  Probably because you can't see common sense and logic that Mayfield is garbage.  Trask?  I have no idea how good or bad he is.  I just know that it's going to be really hard for him to be worse than either Mayfield, Gabbert or Darnold.  Even if he is, it's a two-year and done experiment.  No biggie.  We'll be drafting a 1st round QB in 2023... just like the Panthers.

Just now, TBayXXXVII said:

Look, just because I'm smarter than you, it's no reason to call names.  I'm making fun of a bunch of bad QB's... you're the only one here who seems to think that I'm actually saying Gabbert is a good QB.  Probably because you can't see common sense and logic that Mayfield is garbage.  Trask?  I have no idea how good or bad he is.  I just know that it's going to be really hard for him to be worse than either Mayfield, Gabbert or Darnold.  Even if he is, it's a one-year and done experiment.  No biggie.  We'll be drafting a QB in 2023... just like the Panthers.

I didn’t call you any names I just described the facts and your lack of common sense. Still waiting for you to demonstrate how Darnold is easily a better QB than Baker as you claimed. We both know you can’t since it’s impossible, but I’m enjoying your lame spin…

Just now, jrokh said:

I didn’t call you any names I just described the facts and your lack of common sense. Still waiting for you to demonstrate how Darnold is easily a better QB than Baker as you claimed. We both know you can’t since it’s impossible, but I’m enjoying your lame spin…

I did tell you.  My eyes, common sense, and logic.  I don't need numbers to prove the obvious.  What's funny is, I'm laughing at you because you're trying to make an argument that the 4'3" guy isn't a midget because he might be taller than the other guy who's also 4'3".  Yet, you seem to still be arguing.  They all stink.  They're all nobody's.

29 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I did tell you.  My eyes, common sense, and logic.  I don't need numbers to prove the obvious.  What's funny is, I'm laughing at you because you're trying to make an argument that the 4'3" guy isn't a midget because he might be taller than the other guy who's also 4'3".  Yet, you seem to still be arguing.  They all stink.  They're all nobody's.

Saying the words common sense and logic are not substitutes for actual common sense and logic supported by data and valid and persuasive arguments. What is Darnold actually better at than Mayfield on the football field? As for your lying eyes… LASIK???

3 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Agreed.  Baker had the best RB situation in the league, and couldn’t even get it done as a game manager.  Even if CMC handles 20 touches a game, it won’t translate.  There’s not much you can do as a skill player when the QB can’t sustain drives.

https://stathead.com/tiny/TLOPA

The only thing Darnold was better at than Baker on the actual football field was a slight edge in rushing ability. Baker wins everything else by a country mile. Again, Baker is slightly above average, but Darnold is just plain bad in everything. As for the foolish argument that Baker's team was better so therefore Darnold was actually better, cmon man. So last season Trevor Lawrence was actually better than Tom Brady because Brady had a great team around him, and Lawrence had arguably the worst? Fools grasping at straws....

4 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

43 minutes ago, JagFan said:

Agreed.  Baker had the best RB situation in the league, and couldn’t even get it done as a game manager.  Even if CMC handles 20 touches a game, it won’t translate.  There’s not much you can do as a skill player when the QB can’t sustain drives.

Wrong. 😎   Mayfield is a better Qb then Darnold, can’t even understand what you don’t see.  

22 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Wrong. 😎   Mayfield is a better Qb then Darnold, can’t even understand what you don’t see.  

I see football.  This is kind of a moot point anyway.  Nobody is drafting either of them as anything more than a late round dart throw,  and CMC is injury prone.  He’ll either get hurt again, or have a reduced workload.  Either way, he’s not going to drop to the 3rd round so I won’t own him.  Nor will I own any Car skill player in hopes they pan out based on the new hype generated by the trade for a NFL backup quality QB.

33 minutes ago, JagFan said:

I see football.  This is kind of a moot point anyway.  Nobody is drafting either of them as anything more than a late round dart throw,  and CMC is injury prone.  He’ll either get hurt again, or have a reduced workload.  Either way, he’s not going to drop to the 3rd round so I won’t own him.  Nor will I own any Car skill player in hopes they pan out based on the new hype generated by the trade for a NFL backup quality QB.

Pan out, do you look at stats, D J Moore has been a very solid wr2-3.  Mccaffery when amd if he stays healthy, is the best ff scorer based on avg   

Thats with less quality at Qb, like Darnold.  

So you’re not interested in a wr2-3.  

5 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I'm not buying that.  sorry man.

I respect your opinion on a lot of other matters, but disagree with you on this.

Darnolds best season of his career he was just over 3000 yards passing.   Baker has eclipsed 3000 yards passing every year.

I acknowledge Darnold may have had worse coaching and worse talent, but his last 2 years he threw more INT than TD.   Mayfield has never had that happen though he did have one year where he threw far too many INT for my liking.   bottom line is if you throw more TD than INT, people will find a way to work with you.  but more INT than TD... not so much.

so I dont blame the team for moving on.  

Not suggesting Baker will be the Savior of the team but he will be an improvement on what they have there now.   The bar is pretty low.

5 hours ago, weepaws said:

Pan out, do you look at stats, D J Moore has been a very solid wr2-3.  Mccaffery when amd if he stays healthy, is the best ff scorer based on avg   

Thats with less quality at Qb, like Darnold.  

So you’re not interested in a wr2-3.  

I’d consider Moore as a borderline wr 2-3, but not as borderline wr 1-2 as his current ranking of wr 16 suggests he is on this site alone.  So unless he falls 7-10 spots, I won’t be owning him.