Sign in to follow this  
Source: Baker Mayfield traded to the Panthers...

16 hours ago, easilyscan said:

This should be very interesting. Baker, a bit of a rebel, to the Panthers, the most woke team in the NFL. 

1st TG cheerleader..........disgusting BTW

The disgusting part is if it's at top top of the pyramid and ain't wearing any underwear. 🤢

Panthers OC Ben McAdooDoo ranked Baker as the 6th best QB in the 2018 draft class. Hhmmmm. Back in ‘18. 

11 hours ago, MLCKAA said:

Wentz is the worst QB I’ve ever had the misfortune of watching.  

I doubt you have been watching for 5 seasons, because anyone watching for more than that has seen lots of far worse. :lol: 

3 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

I doubt you have been watching for 5 seasons, because anyone watching for more than that has seen lots of far worse. :lol: 

Wentz actually look good his rookie season and look like a future star. He did suck his last couple years but not near the worse I ever watched play QB.

13 hours ago, Cloaca du jour said:

When they beat the Browns week 1.  I hope Baker plants a Panthers flag right in the middle ofnthe field!!

I think Mayfield totally sucks, not even a starter in the league, but I would agree with you on this.  Just because they drafted a bust, it's not his fault.  He's just not good enough.  They didn't need to approach the situation the way they did.

5 minutes ago, BeenHereBefore said:

Wentz actually look good his rookie season and look like a future star. He did suck his last couple years but not near the worse I ever watched play QB.

If you have truly been watching for 48 years and you have a discussion with real football fans about the worst QB they have seen in that time, and you mention Wentz, they are not taking you seriously after that. 

10 hours ago, GobbleDog said:

I think it's a great trade for Panthers. Baker is a decent starting QB and they got him for nothing.

Somebody said their over/under is 5.5 ???  I'd bet OVER.

Yup

https://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/odds/win-totals/

I'll wait for people to bet on the Fool's Gold and drive the number up to 7, then bet the under.  Free money.

1 minute ago, TimmySmith said:

If you have truly been watching for 48 years and you have a discussion with real football fans about the worst QB they have seen in that time, and you mention Wentz, they are not taking you seriously after that. 

Agreed.

Wentz is not the worst QB to ever play, I'm sure that was hyperbole, but he's not a starting NFL QB and probably won't even be in the league in 3 years.

11 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Yup

I'll wait for people to bet on the Fool's Gold and drive the number up to 7, then bet the under.  Free money.

If McCaffrey plans in like 12+ games, they will win 7 for the season easy.  Of course that is a big if, but they could certainly win 7-9 even without him.

7 minutes ago, vomit said:

Wentz is not the worst QB to ever play, I'm sure that was hyperbole, but he's not a starting NFL QB and probably won't even be in the league in 3 years.

He's a top 20 starting QB, which, honestly isn't a ringing endorsement.  People think NFL starting QBs grow on trees and that there are 32 good ones in the NFL. They don't and there aren't.  

14 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

He's a top 20 starting QB, which, honestly isn't a ringing endorsement.  People think NFL starting QBs grow on trees and that there are 32 good ones in the NFL. They don't and there aren't.  

Who is he better than?

1 Patrick Mahomes
2 Josh Allen
3 Justin Herbert
4 Aaron Rodgers
5 Joe Burrow
6 Tom Brady
7 Russell Wilson
8 Lamar Jackson
9 Deshaun Watson
10 Matt Stafford
11 Kyler Murray
12 Derek Carr
13 Ryan Tannehill
14 Dak Prescott
15 Matt Ryan
16 Kirk Cousins
17 Jalen Hurts
18 Jamies Winston
19 Baker Mayfield
20 Jimmy Garoppolo

2 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

If McCaffrey plans in like 12+ games, they will win 7 for the season easy.  Of course that is a big if, but they could certainly win 7-9 even without him.

LOL, 7 to 9 without him.  They won 5 last year and Mayfield is NOT an upgrade, at best he's a push.  Anyone betting the O/U win total on the Panthers are betting on McCaffrey and nothing else.  With McCaffrey playing 14+ games, they might win 7, but that's it.  The Panthers do NOT have a "league average" team.  They have a bottom third defense, a bottom third OLine, at BEST, a middle of the road WR corp... but that's ONLY because of DJ Moore.  This is a bad team.  I think the incoming rookies, if they hit on them, could make them a lot better because it's not hard to improve from terrible.

11 minutes ago, vomit said:

Who is he better than?

1 Patrick Mahomes
2 Josh Allen
3 Justin Herbert
4 Aaron Rodgers
5 Joe Burrow
6 Tom Brady
7 Russell Wilson
8 Lamar Jackson
9 Deshaun Watson
10 Matt Stafford
11 Kyler Murray
12 Derek Carr
13 Ryan Tannehill
14 Dak Prescott
15 Matt Ryan
16 Kirk Cousins
17 Jalen Hurts
18 Jamies Winston
19 Baker Mayfield
20 Jimmy Garoppolo

Debatable with Ryan, Mayfield, Garoppolo.  Better than Hurts.

2 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

Debatable with Ryan, Mayfield, Garoppolo.  Better than Hurts.

That may be true. But every team in the league would rather pay Hurts $1.5m than Wentz’s $28m contract. 

53 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Yup

Baker is an upgrade over Darnold. 

21 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

LOL, 7 to 9 without him.  They won 5 last year and Mayfield is NOT an upgrade, at best he's a push.  Anyone betting the O/U win total on the Panthers are betting on McCaffrey and nothing else.  With McCaffrey playing 14+ games, they might win 7, but that's it.  The Panthers do NOT have a "league average" team.  They have a bottom third defense, a bottom third OLine, at BEST, a middle of the road WR corp... but that's ONLY because of DJ Moore.  This is a bad team.  I think the incoming rookies, if they hit on them, could make them a lot better because it's not hard to improve from terrible.

You don't think Mayfield is better than Darnold (or a washed up Cam that was 0-5 last year)?  LOL, take off your Bucs-colored glasses.   They did a lot to improve their OL, and in addition to McCaffrey, are also getting back their #1 draft pick from last year's draft that only played in 3 games.

51 minutes ago, vomit said:

He’s better then what they had last season. 

26 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Baker is an upgrade, don’t let your pride get in the way of your lack of wisdom as it pertains to this matter.  

6 minutes ago, MDC said:

That may be true. But every team in the league would rather pay Hurts $1.5m than Wentz’s $28m contract. 

Agreed.  

32 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

LOL, 7 to 9 without him.  They won 5 last year and Mayfield is NOT an upgrade, at best he's a push.

I'm sorry but you've obviously never watched a football game in your life.

Mayfield had every offensive weapon you could want in Cleveland. Very good line, OBJ, Landry, Chubb, Hunt, two good TE’s    He had a decent to good 2020. That’s about it. I believe that we have seen his best. 

32 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Mayfield had every offensive weapon you could want in Cleveland. Very good line, OBJ, Landry, Chubb, Hunt, two good TE’s    He had a decent to good 2020. That’s about it. I believe that we have seen his best. 

He played hurt all last year.  He probably shouldn't have, as now everyone thinks he sucks.  But I'll take the overs on all his props and cash out.

Panthers picked Mayfield over Jimmy G  ouch.

Sadly Krafty Bob forced BB to draft Mack Jones or the smart play was to wait one year and sign Jimmy G or he would have definitely traded for Baker

1 hour ago, MDC said:

Meh, money talk is a waste of time. Wentz' contract isn't a backbreaker but no question he is overpaid.  If he gets to the 3rd year of the contract, he'll be underpaid. 

5 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

You don't think Mayfield is better than Darnold (or a washed up Cam that was 0-5 last year)?  LOL, take off your Bucs-colored glasses.   They did a lot to improve their OL, and in addition to McCaffrey, are also getting back their #1 draft pick from last year's draft that only played in 3 games.

Cam isn't going to be the starter, I was comparing Mayfield to Darnold really.  And no, I don't think he's better than Darnold.  In fact, I think Mayfield is a downgrade.  There's nothing rose colored about this.  Go look at PFF.  They're unbiased, are they not?  The Panthers OLine is ranked 24th.  They have the Panthers WR corp ranked 23rd.  They have the Panthers DLine ranked 24th.  The only spot where they're not "below average", is their secondary, where PFF has them ranked 15th.  So, if you think the top 3rd of the league is 10 to 12+ wins, the middle 3rd being 7 to 9 wins, and the bottom 3rd being -4 to 6 wins, then PFF has them essentially as a 6-win team as they're consistently ranked in the upper echelon of the bottom 3rd of the league.  On top of their "below average" team, they have the 12th toughest schedule in the league.  Simply, the Panthers are not that good of a team and they didn't get better by adding Mayfield.  If McCaffrey stays healthy all year, they may hit 8 wins.  Maybe.  They're going to be lucky to start the year though... they'll get Cleveland @ home with Mayfield having a huge axe to grind, then they get the crappy Giants, a Kamara-less Saints team in Week 3.  Better hope they go 3-0 because 5 of the next 6 are Arizona, SF, Tampa, LA, and Cincinnati.

1 hour ago, vomit said:

I'm sorry but you've obviously never watched a football game in your life.

Coming from you, I'll take that as a compliment.  :thumbsup:

20 minutes ago, vomit said:

He played hurt all last year.  He probably shouldn't have, as now everyone thinks he sucks.  But I'll take the overs on all his props and cash out.

LOL, yeah, last year was the ONLY year he sucked.  Wow, look who never watched football.

21 minutes ago, vomit said:

If he has his 2020 again you’ll be right. It’s possible. But he hasn’t lived up to his draft spot and I don’t think he ever will. But you can win games with him. The division isnt so hot  either. AFC north is much tougher.  

17 minutes ago, edjr said:

Panthers picked Mayfield over Jimmy G  ouch.

Note the reason why?  The Browns are paying only $10.5M of the $18.8M... the Panthers are only paying $4.85M.  The remaining $3.45M was forfeited by Mayfield to get the deal done.  With Garoppolo, the 49ers have no leverage.  Everyone knows that Garoppolo's contract isn't guaranteed.  Do you think San Fran is going to pay Garoppolo $24M to sit the bench?  No one else does either.  They're going to have to cut him at some point.  Why trade a pick for a $24M player when you can probably sign him for $18M and not give up anything?

4 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

LOL, yeah, last year was the ONLY year he sucked.  Wow, look who never watched football.

He was offensive rookie of the year, had a sophmore slump, then really good, then hurt.  If he's healthy this season he should have another good year.

1 minute ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Note the reason why?  The Browns are paying only $10.5M of the $18.8M... the Panthers are only paying $4.85M.  The remaining $3.45M was forfeited by Mayfield to get the deal done.  With Garoppolo, the 49ers have no leverage.  Everyone knows that Garoppolo's contract isn't guaranteed.  Do you think San Fran is going to pay Garoppolo $24M to sit the bench?  No one else does either.  They're going to have to cut him at some point.  Why trade a pick for a $24M player when you can probably sign him for $18M and not give up anything?

exactly. so the panthers could wait for the 9ers to cut him.  

3 minutes ago, vomit said:

He was offensive rookie of the year, had a sophmore slump, then really good, then hurt.  If he's healthy this season he should have another good year.

He do do.

3 minutes ago, edjr said:

exactly. so the panthers could wait for the 9ers to cut him.  

They could.  I think there's going to be another team that wants him.

2 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

They could.  I think there's going to be another team that wants him.

Oh for sure. Just saying that is the play.  giving up a 5th for Baker was really nothing though. So smart to jump. I wonder if anyone else was interested>

3 minutes ago, edjr said:

Oh for sure. Just saying that is the play.  giving up a 5th for Baker was really nothing though. So smart to jump. I wonder if anyone else was interested>

Not me man. We’re only heading into year 4 with Daniel Jones. Fool that I am I hope. 

I don’t get the hype with Garappolo at all. He’s a game manager at best.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, TimmySmith said:

Incorrect.  You might not know how to really watch a game.

7 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Cam isn't going to be the starter, I was comparing Mayfield to Darnold really.  And no, I don't think he's better than Darnold.  In fact, I think Mayfield is a downgrade.  There's nothing rose colored about this.  Go look at PFF.  They're unbiased, are they not?  The Panthers OLine is ranked 24th.  They have the Panthers WR corp ranked 23rd.  They have the Panthers DLine ranked 24th.  The only spot where they're not "below average", is their secondary, where PFF has them ranked 15th.  So, if you think the top 3rd of the league is 10 to 12+ wins, the middle 3rd being 7 to 9 wins, and the bottom 3rd being -4 to 6 wins, then PFF has them essentially as a 6-win team as they're consistently ranked in the upper echelon of the bottom 3rd of the league.  On top of their "below average" team, they have the 12th toughest schedule in the league.  Simply, the Panthers are not that good of a team and they didn't get better by adding Mayfield.  If McCaffrey stays healthy all year, they may hit 8 wins.  Maybe.  They're going to be lucky to start the year though... they'll get Cleveland @ home with Mayfield having a huge axe to grind, then they get the crappy Giants, a Kamara-less Saints team in Week 3.  Better hope they go 3-0 because 5 of the next 6 are Arizona, SF, Tampa, LA, and Cincinnati.

Well if you love PFF so much, looks like they had Mayfield ranked 24th last year and Darnold 30th, so there's that....

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-final-2021-quarterback-rankings

Mayfield's contract expires end of this season, Darnold's end of next and Corral is a rookie.

The more I think about this trade the more I like it; The 2022 season is essentially an audition to see who wins the starting job going forward. I like the competition aspect...... We drafted one of, if not the top Left Tackle in the draft this year and we're pretty solid from top to bottom.  

I'm hoping for a winning season and shot at a wild card birth.  :thumbsup: