Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Round Four - Six Commentary - July Mock 2022

Almost went a different direction with my 4.01, but we are entering the RB wasteland and I didn't want to get caught without any water.  There are very few RB's left that I have faith in and none of them would have made it back (the hazards of picking at the end).  Etienne has looked very good in OTA's and his major competition for touches is most likely out for the beginning of the year.  He's a great pass-catcher out of the backfield (a PPR plus) and he if he can return to form (what everyone thought he would be last year), he's decent value here as RB20 off the board.

I had 3 wideouts picked out for this spot.  Two of them have new Qb's and the 3rd possibly has.  I chose McLaurin who has done well with lesser QB play, I believe 6 different starters so far, and he just got paid.  I feel Wentz is an upgrade and McLaurin will earn his paycheck.

A. Smith

K. Allen

D. Haskins 

Fitzmagic

T. Heinike

G. Gilbert

He's averaged 70 receptions, 1030 yards and 5 Td's with this group.

I really was not eyeing a third RB at the 4.04, but there is a path for Hall to finish as a top 10 back (not unlike Jonathan Taylor in 2020) - although I had him as RB18 in my initial rankings. I know Jets OC Mike LaFleur prefers RBBC, but Hall is the kind of talent that might give him no other choice but to feature him.

At the very least, he is great insurance against another injury to Barkley. 

4 minutes ago, The Football Guru said:

I really was not eyeing a third RB at the 4.04, but there is a path for Hall to finish as a top 10 back (not unlike Jonathan Taylor in 2020) - although I had him as RB18 in my initial rankings. I know Jets OC Mike LaFleur prefers RBBC, but Hall is the kind of talent that might give him no other choice but to feature him.

At the very least, he is great insurance against another injury to Barkley. 

I liked the pick a lot.  when I saw it I figured this would be your insurance policy.

Nice pick.

I was happy to get Akers here. As someone said we are entering RB wasteland. There are guys I have feelings about, but they won’t be there come 5.08. The fact that Akers was supposed to be the guy in LA last year, one other guy is gone and the remaining guy is minor injury prone…. AND the rams generally feature a single RB heavy offense and I am feeling fine with my tandem of Montgomery and Akers after kicking off with Jefferson and Kelce. 👍🏼

I looked at Akers and Hall - almost picked Hall but decided Dobbins has the path to more touches. 

10 hours ago, WhiteWonder said:

I was happy to get Akers here. As someone said we are entering RB wasteland. There are guys I have feelings about, but they won’t be there come 5.08. The fact that Akers was supposed to be the guy in LA last year, one other guy is gone and the remaining guy is minor injury prone…. AND the rams generally feature a single RB heavy offense and I am feeling fine with my tandem of Montgomery and Akers after kicking off with Jefferson and Kelce. 👍🏼

I wonder about their line a bit. Even with Whit they seriously struggled in the SB. 

Mike....Williams was picked right before the pick you just made. Thanks!

Edit...you caught it

First time I’ve been sniped. Was really looking forward to pairing Kittle with McCaffrey/Swift/Allen. Waddle will suffice I guess. 

Took Herbert at 4.10  maybe a little early, but The AFC West now has a lot of high powered offenses, so I think we are gonna get a lot of shootouts.    teams that fall behind will need to open up even more to catch up.   this is gonna be a fun division to watch and lots of points yards and TD's are in the future here.   I wanted to get my pick of the lot.  I considered Mahomes, but with the loss of Tyreek I figured that offense wouldnt quite be what it was and Herbert looks to be the real deal.  this guy is sick.   I have him projected for a bit more than what fftoday did and he was the #2 QB on my board next to Allen.

I feel good about the pick.

I think Sutton will be Denver's #1 receiver this year. He will score many TDs and should get the receptions. I appreciate having him as my WR2.

20 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

Took Herbert at 4.10  maybe a little early, but The AFC West now has a lot of high powered offenses, so I think we are gonna get a lot of shootouts.    teams that fall behind will need to open up even more to catch up.   this is gonna be a fun division to watch and lots of points yards and TD's are in the future here.   I wanted to get my pick of the lot.  I considered Mahomes, but with the loss of Tyreek I figured that offense wouldnt quite be what it was and Herbert looks to be the real deal.  this guy is sick.   I have him projected for a bit more than what fftoday did and he was the #2 QB on my board next to Allen.

I feel good about the pick.

he is my #2 as well. 

40 minutes ago, robb said:

I think Sutton will be Denver's #1 receiver this year. He will score many TDs and should get the receptions. I appreciate having him as my WR2.

it was a good pick.  he will be the DK Metcalf of this version of Russell Wilsons offense.

you wont be disappointed.

Shocked that Gibson fell this far. I like him at the 3/4 turn, let alone at 4.12. Even with the other backs in Washington, he should outperform this spot easy.

Mahomes: Based on other mocks, the QB position likely will get decimated between this pick and my next. WR was a consideration, but I think I'll like what's there on my next turn better than the QB options.

Took Waller at 5.03.  once again a little early, but I like what Vegas will be doing on offense.  I'm amazed how well they did last year given the train wreck of a season they had.  top WR departs due to a drunk driving incident and Waller caught covid and was injured.  tough to get into a groove when you got this much going on.  I think he returns to his typical numbers and has a good season by his standards. 

I suspect as vikings did that there will be a run on the good QB and TE this round.  If I left this for 20 picks or whatever it takes to get back to me I'll be left with scraps.

this move gives me a top 3 TE a top 2 QB and I have what I believe is the top WR on the board.   good base to build on.

1 hour ago, Vikings4ever said:

Shocked that Gibson fell this far. I like him at the 3/4 turn, let alone at 4.12. Even with the other backs in Washington, he should outperform this spot easy.

Mahomes: Based on other mocks, the QB position likely will get decimated between this pick and my next. WR was a consideration, but I think I'll like what's there on my next turn better than the QB options.

Gibson was my 1B to Akers 1A.  great grab.

also @Hawkeye21 seems to want to continue his june mock trend of sniping me.... nice DJ Moore pick 

5 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

Gibson was my 1B to Akers 1A.  great grab.

also @Hawkeye21 seems to want to continue his june mock trend of sniping me.... nice DJ Moore pick 

😂 

I a not particularly high on Johnson this year and don't think I will end up with many copies, but this was a point where I felt the value was too good to pass up. He went slightly higher in the June Mock and I trust his floor more in a PPR format. There were a few others in consideration at multiple positions but we shall see.  

21 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

I a not particularly high on Johnson this year and don't think I will end up with many copies, but this was a point where I felt the value was too good to pass up. He went slightly higher in the June Mock and I trust his floor more in a PPR format. There were a few others in consideration at multiple positions but we shall see.  

He was the other person I was considering at my pick, but I was caught by a surprise QB run and wanted to grab one before it was too late.  Now I have a QB/WR connection in both mocks.

Couldn't believe DK Metcalf had fallen so far only to see Mr Landry snatch him from my clutches at 6.01. People are really down on him due to the QB situation huh?

14 minutes ago, ralphster said:

Couldn't believe DK Metcalf had fallen so far only to see Mr Landry snatch him from my clutches at 6.01. People are really down on him due to the QB situation huh?

I am.  

Dillon takes the big jump this year.  Many don't realize he had 16 more carries than Jones last regular season and that he caught 34 passes at 10 yards a pop.  I feel Jeudy will be the #1 receiver in Denver.  Happy my players were there.

4 hours ago, Vikings4ever said:

Was a little surprised he fell that far too.  I thought about him at 4.01.  Two things that make me hesitant on him are 1.) McKissic is back and in a PPR format that is going to heavily eat into his numbers.  2.)  They drafted an RB and there is talk of Rivera going back to his Stewart/DeAngelo days.  If he can hold onto the early down work, that is fantastic value.

Really like the DJ Moore pick.  He's been a WR2 the last two years with questionable QB play (and never catching more than 4TD's).  I think Mayfield is an upgrade, so I expect him to at least maintain his WR2 status and, with luck, climb a little.

1 hour ago, ralphster said:

He was my other consideration when I drafted Johnson iview them both similarly given their quarterback situation’s butt in points per reception I’ll opt Johnson

Was happy to get Patterson at 5.12, based on what is left at the position.  He finished as a top 10 RB last year and he had a bum ankle the last few weeks of the season.  Mike Davis isn't there any more and his main competition is a fifth round draft pick.  The Atlanta receiving core is in shambles, so I expect him to get more looks in the passing game.  

The Seattle QB situation worries me, but DK Metcalf does not.  He's a top-talent WR who produces.  Seattle is not going to be good this year and will have to throw. Who better to catch the ball?  Last year he was a WR1/WR2.  If his production dips and he ends up a WR3, I'm okay with that as, at this point, he is my WR4/FLEX option.

1 minute ago, WhiteWonder said:

He was my other consideration when I drafted Johnson iview them both similarly given their quarterback situation’s butt in points per reception I’ll opt Johnson

I had Johnson, Metcalf, DJ and McLaurin in a pack.   Pittsburgh has Claypool, Harris, and Freiermuth with Tribs.  Seattle has Lockett and Fant with Lock, and both of these teams are predominantly run first and will probably more so this season with these Qb's.  Carolina has a QB mess with McCaffrey, Robbie Anderson, and Terrace Marshall.  Can McCaff stay healthy and how much are they gonna have to ride him??  McLaurin gets his best Qb yet, a solid rb committee, Samuel, and Logan Thomas.  Nice balance.  That why i chose him out of this 4.

My choice in R5 was between Robinson and Metcalf.

As for my R6 pick, the fantasy industry seems to be higher on Hollywood than I am, but I think he is a good value at this point of the draft. As my WR3, I can live with what could be some boom-bust from him.

Sniped on brown. I’m here one minute. 

I was anticipating a little WR run there, but an extra 1 or 2 more came off the board than I expected.  I'm happy St. Brown was still there, he should have a pretty solid floor.

Grabbed Miles Sanders.   for now it looks like hes the guy in Philly.    I like the line in philly this year too.  and the team had what I think is a good offseason and plays in the NFC East.   I expect this team may win more games than they lose this year and Sanders stats will reflect this.   all the RB's remaining at this point in the draft are flawed and hes about as good as I'm gonna get.  so if Zeke doesnt play the way i hope, Sanders is a nice backup plan.