Sign in to follow this  
bostonlager

***EdEx - The Open Championship***

They really need wind for defense at this place. Cam Young the only one going super crazy so far though. It would be fun as hell to play this track.

4 minutes ago, dain11279 said:

They really need wind for defense at this place. Cam Young the only one going super crazy so far though. It would be fun as hell to play this track.

I looked it up online and best I can tell, its only $250/round which isn't bad considering the prestige. That said, I don't know how much it takes to get there and what lodging prices are. 

40 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

I hate to go all supermike here, but what kind of cut line are we looking at? -10? 

This might replace Pebble Beach as my least favorite major venue 

The Old Course is awesome. Just needs 20 MPH winds to make it all it can be. 

Can I just #edjr now?

The Big Easy at 75 years old sitting at -5 through 12 

10 minutes ago, Cloaca du jour said:

Tiger in the creek at 1 ...tough break.  In a divot off the tee.

Play it as it lies is the dumbest rule in golf. 

12 minutes ago, edjr said:

Play it as it lies is the dumbest rule in golf. 

In the fairway yes. Should never be penalized for hitting the fairway.  A divot is ground under repair.  

• Like 1

Just now, KSB2424 said:

In the fairway yes. Should never be penalized for hitting the fairway.  A divot is ground under repair.  

Well yes, of course the fairways. for the pros.

For hackers, you can still fluff it up in the rough. We ain't focking pros!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Alias Detective said:

+4 thru 4

I predict Tiger quits again

The I get my backup pick :excited: 

• Confused 1

Tiger is a ceremonial golfer at this point. I actually like him more as a person now, though, than I ever have before. 

1 hour ago, Alias Detective said:

I predict Tiger quits again

That would be a damn shame...

Open Championship Round One

1. Horse  -11  (-8, -2, -1)

2. KSB  -9  (-5, -2, -2)

3. Edjr  -9  (-4, -3, -2)

4. Cloaca  -8  (-4, -4. E)

5. Fumble  -7  (-3, -3, -1)

6. Lager  -6  (-6, E, E)

7. Wonder  -4  (-3, -1, E)

8. Alias  -3  (-3, -1, +1)

9. Dain  -3  (-2, -1, E)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Btw, thanks to Lager, Edjr and WW for running the threads / bookkeeping / scoring. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KSB2424 said:

Btw, thanks to Lager, Edjr and WW for running the threads / bookkeeping / scoring. 

Pretty sure someone owes me money :mad: 

Mickelson was just ridiculous in his interview yesterday. “I play LIV because I can finally play a schedule that allows me time for my family”.

Dude, you’re a lifetime PGA Tour member. You can already play any schedule you want. 

All he needs to say is “I took the 200 million and ran and you would have, too”.

Woke up to a pleasant surprise with Burns and Adam Scott. Way to go, fellers :thumbsup:

Woke up to a bunch of garbage. Should have drafted 6 copies of Tiger 😂 

15 hours ago, WhiteWonder said:

Open Championship Round One

1. Horse  -11  (-8, -2, -1)

2. KSB  -9  (-5, -2, -2)

3. Edjr  -9  (-4, -3, -2)

4. Cloaca  -8  (-4, -4. E)

5. Fumble  -7  (-3, -3, -1)

6. Lager  -6  (-6, E, E)

7. Wonder  -4  (-3, -1, E)

8. Alias  -3  (-3, -1, +1)

9. Dain  -3  (-2, -1, E)

:banana:

15 minutes ago, Horseman said:

:banana:

Marathong not a sprint :meh: 

is -22 any good? Asking for a friend

On 7/13/2022 at 8:07 AM, edjr said:

He went total liberal stoner and disappeared :( 

Update: I’m definitely still a stoner, but now I’m mixing in shrooms as well, all in an effort to understand my life. I now believe we are living in a simulation (Nick Bostrom’s argument convinced me)…..and political bickering is the way the elites divide and conquer the masses….and the only way out is to lose all feelings of hatred and instead focus on love. 

At this point, I’m pot committed to these ideas, so I’ll likely ride them the rest of the way even if it hastens my demise. Win or lose, it feels a lot better than the old ways. 

Also, my hair is getting longer and I’m beginning to look like Jesus. Which I find funny. 

1 minute ago, cbfalcon said:

Update: I’m definitely still a stoner, but now I’m mixing in shrooms as well, all in an effort to understand my life. I now believe we are living in a simulation (Nick Bostrom’s argument convinced me)…..and political bickering is the way the elites divide and conquer the masses….and the only way out is to lose all feelings of hatred and instead focus on love. 

At this point, I’m pot committed to these ideas, so I’ll likely ride them the rest of the way even if it hastens my demise. Win or lose, it feels a lot better than the old ways. 

:wub: 

20 minutes ago, cbfalcon said:

I have a buddy you remind me of; he plays golf on micro-doses of shrooms.  Has a big clock in his house, there is one hand pointing to the word NOW.   I ask him about the clock and he says, “KSB, if you are upset at the past that’s depression, if you are worried about the future that is anxiety, you must live in the NOW.”  He’s my hippie friend.  

Cheers!

1 minute ago, KSB2424 said:

I have a buddy you remind me of; he plays golf on micro-doses of shrooms.  Has a big clock in his house, there is one hand pointing to the word NOW.   

Cheers!

I took an adderall Monday for golf. Just one.  it worked!

7 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

I have a buddy you remind me of; he plays golf on micro-doses of shrooms.  Has a big clock in his house, there is one hand pointing to the word NOW.   I ask him about the clock and he says, “KSB, if you are upset at the past that’s depression, if you are worried about the future that is anxiety, you must live in the NOW.”  He my hippie friend.  

Cheers!

Exactly! The past only exists in your memory, the future only exists in your imagination. We live in an eternal now. So the key to life is to stay present and live in the current moment. Anytime I’ve been able to do that, my life seems pretty great. 

Cheers!

Growing up with CF…..by age 6 I knew I was supposed to die by age 8……by age 15 I was supposed to die at age 16…now at 44 I’m supposed to live til 45 maybe. 

I spent my entire life in fight or flight mode. I was always worried about what was coming, what it would do to the people I love, etc. But 95% of the things I was worried about never actually happened. My mind was living in the future, and full of anxiety. Only when I started focusing on living in the now did I realize how much damage I had been doing to my mind, body, and overall quality of life that whole time. 

Thank God for drugs. 🎉

On 7/13/2022 at 10:28 PM, KSB2424 said:

I will handicap as follows:

1. Seamus Power.  Flash in the pan, fools gold.  

Good call. Sure wish I had gone with big diick vic over seamun 

On 7/12/2022 at 12:48 PM, bostonlager said:

He was already taken 

:first: 

When I tried to draft Power 

1 hour ago, cbfalcon said:

Good to hear from you sir :cheers:

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, edjr said:

:first: 

When I tried to draft Power 

Classic 😂

Brooksie, inside the cut line bogeys 14 while Cam eagles it. Dye your hair again, poosay 

3 hours ago, WhiteWonder said:

Brooksie, inside the cut line bogeys 14 while Cam eagles it. Dye your hair again, poosay 

He's garbage now.

Open Championship Round Two

1. Horse  -25  (-11, -8, -6) [6]

2. Cloaca  -24  (-10, -9, -5) [6]

3. Edjr  -22  (-8, -7, -7) [4]

4. Lager  -21  (-10, -7, -4) [5]

5. KSB  -19  (-13, -4, -2) [5]

6. Fumble  -11  (-5, -4, -2) [4]

7. Dain  -10  (-4, -4, -2) [4]

8. Wonder  -9  (-4, -3, -2) [3]

9. Alias  -7  (-4, -2, -1) [4]

• Like 1