scottybo

Etienne in PPR

All can all go fvc yaselves.   Bunch of fairies 

1 hour ago, craftsman said:

And of their starters, they had 22 + special teamers each game.

So 12 would be "about half" of the 2020 starters, like I said.

That's the most recent class we can evaluate, given the 3-year average college career.

1 hour ago, jrokh said:

I still don’t understand what any of this has to do with Etienne?

Nothing, it has to do with nitpicking something to show Axe Elf wrong.

In this case, it just happened to backfire when Axe Elf's hyperbole turned out to be technically accurate.

Oh, and by the way, those 12 were just FIRST round picks.  Alabama has had 14 more players drafted in subsequent rounds since 2020 as well.

So if you just want to talk about "NFL-quality talent," if you've played Alabama recently, you've played NFL-quality talent.

8 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

So 12 would be "about half" of the 2020 starters, like I said.

That's the most recent class we can evaluate, given the 3-year average college career.

The one's drafted into the nfl in 2020 were on a team from 6 six years ago given your logic.

Whatever. 2 drafted in 2022.

To further illustrate, about a third of all current NFL players were drafted from SEC and ACC schools.

2 hours ago, weepaws said:

Steve Young always come to mind.  

Rich Gannnon, Favre, Priest Holmes…and of course Young.  Some of the greats.

1 hour ago, craftsman said:

The one's drafted into the nfl in 2020 were on a team from 6 six years ago given your logic.

Whatever. 2 drafted in 2022.

Seafoam is that you? Is this the latest incarnation now that Utilit has been banned?

Yeah I didn't think about Pederson rotating backs in. Hopefully Etienne will Play well enough to convince Pederson not to take him out as much. Still, if he's healthy I expect a good year from even with Pederson toying with his RB1.

3 hours ago, DocNiner said:

Yeah I didn't think about Pederson rotating backs in. Hopefully Etienne will Play well enough to convince Pederson not to take him out as much. Still, if he's healthy I expect a good year from even with Pederson toying with his RB1.

This is the real question with TE that most will struggle with…but I don’t think it matters.  There is talk that he will be used in a Debo type role.  Considering his skill set, and the Jags WR group, this becomes intriguing to me.  There will be a rotation in the backfield between who knows?  Robinson won’t be a go to start the season.  They drafted Snoop, who was productive as a pounder in the SEC.  Clearly part of a plan at RB.  TE will get quality touches in different ways, so it all comes down to volume for me married to a play maker that can get those touches designed to put him in space.  The writing is on the wall.  It just depends on how you’re reading it.

I’m reading it this way, if Etienne is healthy I think he could be a high rb2 half ppr.  

10 hours ago, weepaws said:

I’m reading it this way, if Etienne is healthy I think he could be a high rb2 half ppr.  

if healthy, this is the most likely scenario.

he has more upside than that, but everything would have to go right for him this year to hit that.