Sign in to follow this  
Vikings4ever

Round Seven - Ten Commentary - July Mock 2022

Little surprised both Cooper and Thielen lasted to me. Going 3 RBs early hurt my WRs, but not as much as I would have thought.

I had hoped Michael Thomas would slide to me, but alas he was taken a couple picks ago, but Devonta Smith is a decent consolation prize.   almost 1000 yards receiving as a rookie.  I think hes a fair pick at this time.

I was also surprised that Harris made it this far.  As FFT reported in their rankings "The lead back on a team that had 24 rushing TDs last season."

They went on to say probably more valuable in non-ppr formats......................... but he had 15 of those rushing TD's. 

I like the position Hawkeye is in for round 7.  1 Qb, 2 Rb, 2Wr, 1 Te   He can solely hunt value now.  The only ? is Kamara and how much time he'll miss.  

Edited to say: The 3rd Wr he took before shoring up his #2 back during suspension surprised me just now.

Ray_T

" all the RB's remaining at this point in the draft are flawed and he's about as good as I'm gonna get.  so if Zeke doesn't play the way i hope, Sanders is a nice backup plan."

While I somewhat agree with this, I also believe there was one more starting RB remaining along with Sanders.....D. Harris. Given the choice (which I had and decided to take a WR instead as I assumed V4E wouldn't take a RB since he had 3 already) I probably would have taken Sanders, but I am very pleased to get Harris as my RB@ in the 7th round. I had them closely ranked.

6 minutes ago, robb said:

Ray_T

" all the RB's remaining at this point in the draft are flawed and he's about as good as I'm gonna get.  so if Zeke doesn't play the way i hope, Sanders is a nice backup plan."

While I somewhat agree with this, I also believe there was one more starting RB remaining along with Sanders.....D. Harris. Given the choice (which I had and decided to take a WR instead as I assumed V4E wouldn't take a RB since he had 3 already) I probably would have taken Sanders, but I am very pleased to get Harris as my RB@ in the 7th round. I had them closely ranked.

as did I.

for me the deciding factor was Harris is in New England and when it comes to drafting RB's I dont trust Belichek.    one weeks star is next weeks benchwarmer with him and If drafting for real, I just dont want the headache of navigating that.

I love that he was a TD machine last year.   and if hes used the same as he was last year, hes a great pick.   like I said I just dont trust Belichek when it comes to RBs and for me that was the deciding factor here.

4 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

as did I.

for me the deciding factor was Harris is in New England and when it comes to drafting RB's I dont trust Belichek.    one weeks star is next weeks benchwarmer with him and If drafting for real, I just dont want the headache of navigating that.

I love that he was a TD machine last year.   and if hes used the same as he was last year, hes a great pick.   like I said I just dont trust Belichek when it comes to RBs and for me that was the deciding factor here.

Hurts sucks all of the air out of the room for Sanders.  0 rushing TD's last year thanks to Jalen's 10 and he's in a committee too.

52 minutes ago, ralphster said:

I find myself in the same position as hawkeye.

I missed your team because I was tracking the teams who followed my round 6 pick to try to see who they all might grab over the next 18 picks.  

You are going to be able to round out your team easily. Covered well in every position!  Nice job!

Chubb, Adams, Pitts, and Burrow

Sorry guys. I will pick in a minute.

ICEMAN

Well, there are 10 QB's I like as my QB1... with 2 teams from slots 9-12 not having a QB yet after their 6th round picks, I knew I could use my 6th on Gabriel Davis and still have a QB at 7.08. ... and that said, had there been someone else really screaming value I would have passed on QB as there are still more than palatable options after my top 10 :dunno:

18 picks ago when I went for my #3Wr I was hoping 1 of my 3 Qb's made it back to me.  This one was my top choice. (Stafford) Though Hurts was intriguing, he wasn't on the list.

27 minutes ago, remote controller said:

18 picks ago when I went for my #3Wr I was hoping 1 of my 3 Qb's made it back to me.  This one was my top choice. (Stafford) Though Hurts was intriguing, he wasn't on the list.

thats interesting. The two that rounded out my top 10 were Hurts and Stafford and while I hate the Iggles and generally like cheering for Stafford, I felt the added weapon and rushing upside made Hurts the better pick

7 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

thats interesting. The two that rounded out my top 10 were Hurts and Stafford and while I hate the Iggles and generally like cheering for Stafford, I felt the added weapon and rushing upside made Hurts the better pick

He has intrigued me this whole mocking season, but I have been wanting to get him as a highend #2 QB.  I would have jumped on he or Rodgers at 8.3 as my 2nd qb.

Stafford, Rodgers, Wilson, Hurts for me.  I'm not feeling Lamar as high as he has been going this year either.

My goal was Stafford/Hockenson, but I'm fine with Knox as he tied all TE's for most TD's last season, and the team or he has not taken a step back.

I'm at that point now where I'm in an extreme comfort zone for the remainder of the draft like, Ralfie and Ice were in round 6.  All my pieces in place and the gamble to take 3 rb's and 3 wr's in the first 6 rounds worked.

Great progress today!! Let’s try and finish round 8 today before the weekend hits all of us. Deal? That would make it 8 rounds in 4 days.

23 minutes ago, robb said:

Great progress today!! Let’s try and finish round 8 today before the weekend hits all of us. Deal? That would make it 8 rounds in 4 days.

June Mock took 8 days!

38 minutes ago, robb said:

I forgot to ask, does this run over the weekend?  or just on weekdays?

Just now, Ray_T said:

I forgot to ask, does this run over the weekend?  or just on weekdays?

Clock runs only on weekdays, but if you can check in every so often during the weekend it's appreciated.

I have no problem drafting on the weekend. if we knock a round out over the weekend (maybe 2) that would be fine by me. 

I left myself holding the bag at TE, so I'm banking on making up for some of those lost points when Hopkins returns.  Extremely low risk pick at this point as my WR4.

46 minutes ago, worm said:

I left myself holding the bag at TE, so I'm banking on making up for some of those lost points when Hopkins returns.  Extremely low risk pick at this point as my WR4.

I was hoping hed make it to me but I felt the odds were not great.

1 hour ago, Ray_T said:

I have no problem drafting on the weekend. if we knock a round out over the weekend (maybe 2) that would be fine by me. 

Ray: be ready to pick after Shovel (he is OTC) right now and I’ll be right behind you! Then maybe V4E can make his next 2 picks and we’ll be thru 8+

im here just give me a minute.  sniped on the previous selection

11 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

im here just give me a minute.  sniped on the previous selection

Then don’t snipe me so I can pick quickly!

Took Aiyuk.   He performed well in his rookie year with Jimmy G on the shelf.  last years poor performance was due to a being in the coaches doghouse due to his subpar blocking.  last half of last year he looked good and i am betting this carries over. 

Lance isnt as good as Jimmy G but I think hes as good or better than the QB he had to deal with as a rookie so I"ll take  a shot on him

15 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

Took Aiyuk.   He performed well in his rookie year with Jimmy G on the shelf.  last years poor performance was due to a being in the coaches doghouse due to his subpar blocking.  last half of last year he looked good and i am betting this carries over. 

Lance isnt as good as Jimmy G but I think hes as good or better than the QB he had to deal with as a rookie so I"ll take  a shot on him

No snipe here! I was thinking WR, but decided to cull my bet on Jackson and take an upside second QB.

Pollard: A young but established 1B back whose tandem-mate looks to be slowing down. Great 4th back.

Lockett: Had a couple options, but went with the most talented. QB play likely will be an issue, but I'll risk it here.

I was hoping to get Pollard. Damn

6 minutes ago, robb said:

I was hoping to get Pollard. Damn

If it makes you feel worse, Lance wasn't even on my list for this turn. :banana:

Didn't expect Hockenson to fall to me at 7.12, so I had to adjust my plan.  He is a bit injury-prone, but he if he played a full season last year he would have averaged out as TE4.  I liked him a whole lot better than what would have come back to me in round 9 so I had to pull the trigger.

I also had to pull the trigger on Rodgers, as rounds 8-9 are when a lot of people grab back up QB's.  He was the last of what I considered the QB1's.  A lot of people are shying away from Rodgers because of the loss of Adams, but he has produced great numbers in a variety of different systems with a variety of different personnel.  Although it is a small sample size, Rodgers numbers (TD's, YPA and overall fantasy points) have been higher without Davante Adams in the line up.  So, while he will most likely slip this year, I don't believe it will be as much as many people fear.  At least I hope so...    :unsure:

I haven’t been making comments after my picks this draft. It’s been a really busy week but trying hard to get my picks in on time. 

2 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I haven’t been making comments after my picks this draft. It’s been a really busy week but trying hard to get my picks in on time. 

My comment is why do you keep sniping me?!?  It’s like I slept with your mom.