Sign in to follow this  
Vikings4ever

Round Seven - Ten Commentary - July Mock 2022

3 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

My comment is why do you keep sniping me?!?  It’s like I slept with your mom. 

Well.......did you?

4 minutes ago, robb said:

Well.......did you?

🤔

1 hour ago, WhiteWonder said:

My comment is why do you keep sniping me?!?  It’s like I slept with your mom. 

Ha!

9.8 I was actually choosing between Kirk and Lockett, not realizing Lockett was picked. In my mind, I opted for Kirk because I trust the talent of his QB over whatever is going on in Seattle, I trust he was paid big money to be utilized and I trust he will rack up receptions from the slot. 

I would have been happy with either as my WR4

I will be more than happy to trust Gage as my WR4 this season. I realize he is not a one-for-one replacement for Antonio Brown AND that Godwin could start the season on time, but there were still plenty of targets for AB with everyone healthy and Gronk still around. I expect the passing game volume to come down quite a bit, but I still think Gage will play a huge role in the offense between either picking up some of Gronk's targets or filling in for a less-than-100 percent Godwin early.

Very happy to Land Woods as my #4 wr..  He is going to be a great presence on this team because he does the dirty work.  He will out produce the rookie and and approach AJ numbers because of him.

I had to fight myself to hold off on drafting someone I know has no chance of getting back to me.  I'm bruised and bleeding,  Fant is going to be a very reliable dump off target for Geno or Lock.  If Lock gets the job Fant and him have some chemisty.  Fant was the #8 TE the year he played with Lock, and he ranked 12th with Lock/Bridgewater.

6 minutes ago, remote controller said:

Time to pick for Guru.

I've contacted him and he should be making his pick in the next 15 minutes.

3 minutes ago, Mike FF Today said:

Drake London seems like a great value at the end of the 9th round.

He was on my short list!

Rhamondre was a must pick for me.  Of the RB's left, I felt he had the highest floor/upside.  He can run and catch.  James White is questionable to be ready for the beginning of the year, so he most likely will start the year as the "receiving back".  He spent about 8 weeks in Belichick's dog house last year and still posted 728 yards/5 TD's in 12 games.  Now, in his second year in the Patriots system, he most likely has more of the confidence of the coaching staff.  He'll put up stats sharing time with Harris and, if Harris goes down, the door is open. Unless Belichick slams it in his face...

Drake London was a BPA pick.  I was a bit surprised to see him still sitting there, as I think were a few others.  His QB situation isn't the best, but he is about all Atlanta has.  He'll be stepping into Calvin Ridley's role (WR1) and Ridley averaged over 10 targets a game last year.  He could easily see north of 120 targets, which would land him, at the worst, as a solid WR3.  I'm happy to take that from my WR5.

I did not expect anyone to take a backup TE for another couple rounds, but Gesicki would have been my pick anyway, with Kmet as the other option.