Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Round Eleven - Sixteen Commentary - July Mock 2022

Waited too long on my TE. I hoped Gesicki and MAYBE Fant would last to this turn. No such luck. Let's see if Freiermuth can take a step up after catching 60 passes his rookie year.

I've always been a proponent on getting a strong QB2. This year, there's only a few I'm really comfortable with. Minnesota looks to be passing more, which should mean more points for Cousins. 

I am curious on the Albert O and Freimuth selections? I have both in a keeper league and was thinking the Pittsburg TE was the better keeper. But here, the Denver TE went ahead of him. And Fant I had further down. Thanks for any insight fellas.

Sniped on Cousins.   nice pick.

2 hours ago, robb said:

I am curious on the Albert O and Freimuth selections? I have both in a keeper league and was thinking the Pittsburg TE was the better keeper. But here, the Denver TE went ahead of him. And Fant I had further down. Thanks for any insight fellas.

Technically I have Friermuth ranked slightly ahead of Albert O and one more not yet drafted. And all of them ahead of Gesicki and Fant. 

So why didn’t I draft Friermuth? I think Albert has a higher ceiling with Russ in the fold. Seattle never utilized tight ends the way the Denver offense will and he had some decent seasons with Jimmy Graham. 

Already having Kelce I decided to go with the upside. 

at this point in the draft, I felt it best to use my 4th RB spot on a handcuff for Cam Akers. It doesn't really add to my true RB depth but I feel confident I have the Rams backfield locked up and, at least in my opinion, its a valuable backfield to own as we saw with Henderson being a solid RB2, sometimes RB1 for a good stretch last season.

16 hours ago, Vikings4ever said:

Waited too long on my TE. I hoped Gesicki and MAYBE Fant would last to this turn. No such luck. Let's see if Freiermuth can take a step up after catching 60 passes his rookie year.

I've always been a proponent on getting a strong QB2. This year, there's only a few I'm really comfortable with. Minnesota looks to be passing more, which should mean more points for Cousins. 

Waddle already is a ppr demon.....spending all that cash on Hill tells me Gesiki's targets are in for a hit.

I seem to be getting Allgeier almost everywhere. I'm fine with that, as I expect him to be a clear lead back around late October or early November at the latest. A more productive Mike Davis, who was going about 7-8 rounds earlier at this time last year.

My squad definitely needs some help at RB and guys I'd be interested in rostering at that position are getting very thin, so I thought I'd double up.  James Cook should step in as the Bills pass-catching RB.  The Bills tend to throw a lot and this is a PPR league, so those are two positives.  The Bills also have seemed hesitant to hand the reigns over to Singletary and they did spend a second rounder on Cook, so he hopefully will find himself in more of a committee role.

Robinson is insurance for Etienne.  He is quite the capable back and put up RB1/RB2 numbers when healthy last year.  

18 minutes ago, The Football Guru said:

I seem to be getting Allgeier almost everywhere. I'm fine with that, as I expect him to be a clear lead back around late October or early November at the latest. A more productive Mike Davis, who was going about 7-8 rounds earlier at this time last year.

nothing at all against Allgeier, just in regards to Mike Davis going 7-8 rounds earlier last year..  That was a Mike Davis coming off a nice performance in Carolina, who drafters thought would be on a Falcons team with Matt Ryan throwing to Calvin Ridley, probably didn't expect as bad o-line play as they got, and didn't anticipate the play of C-Patt.  So even if he is a more productive Mike Davis, it's not at all shocking to me that he is going significantly later

1 hour ago, WhiteWonder said:

nothing at all against Allgeier, just in regards to Mike Davis going 7-8 rounds earlier last year..  That was a Mike Davis coming off a nice performance in Carolina, who drafters thought would be on a Falcons team with Matt Ryan throwing to Calvin Ridley, probably didn't expect as bad o-line play as they got, and didn't anticipate the play of C-Patt.  So even if he is a more productive Mike Davis, it's not at all shocking to me that he is going significantly later

The problem with Davis was that he has never been a productive rusher, so he was an easy fade for me where he was going. I'm not going to argue he shouldn't be going in the 10th or later, but I do think he will exceed what we might expect from a 12th-round pick.

11 minutes ago, The Football Guru said:

The problem with Davis was that he has never been a productive rusher, so he was an easy fade for me where he was going. I'm not going to argue he shouldn't be going in the 10th or later, but I do think he will exceed what we might expect from a 12th-round pick.

I believe we agree fundamentally on all points. Davis was over drafted last year because of his PPR numbers pinch hitting for CMC. I don’t recall getting any copies of him due to his price (watch I probably had him in last years mock 😆). Allgeier may very well outperform a 12th round price tag. Probably will. 

guess I just wanted to chime in on the reasons WHY people were high on Davis last year and why those same factors likely have people low on Allgy

Just looked at the 2021 results. Gee, I wonder why my team scored no points and came in last 😂 

I think Davis was drafted that high simply because people thought he was going to get the lion's share of the work, and they didn't see Patterson as a threat.  I just checked and Wayne Gallman was the other RB on the depth chart, so no threat there either.

39 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

Just looked at the 2021 results. Gee, I wonder why my team scored no points and came in last 😂 

I did the same a few days ago with my team. Yikes.

Irv Smith was the other upside TE I considered when I took Albert O. 

Had a shortlist of 3 WRs here, went with the 2 with the most talent. Golladay was an absolute disaster last year, let's see what he can do in a new offense.

Landry's been a great PPR pick through the years. Another who had a bad year last year, but a new situation this year.

11 minutes ago, Vikings4ever said:

Had a shortlist of 3 WRs here, went with the 2 with the most talent. Golladay was an absolute disaster last year, let's see what he can do in a new offense.

Landry's been a great PPR pick through the years. Another who had a bad year last year, but a new situation this year.

I wanted and almost picked Landry with my previous selection but decided I coveted Matt Ryan in his new situation as my QB2 more than I needed Landry as my WR5

I was thinking of going in any of 3 different directions with my 13th selection. Went the safest route and took a Denver receiver in Patrick who has great upside and a QB to go with it as well. Denver has a balanced attack and Wilson should be able to get the ball to Patrick even with Juedy & Sutton getting their touches. Had one other WR I was considering, but he is a rookie and I already have one of those.

Would love to knock this out by end of day tomorrow. Thinking of taking Friday off to go fishing!

• Like 1

we've been averaging about 2 rounds a day thus far. almost halfway through the 13th - we should be able to make it.

if not, send me a list of picks and I'll pick for you. a day of fishing > the last pick in a mock draft for sure.  ;)

McKissic was someone I considered as well as another RB, but I decided to mix it up from June and go with youth and upside in Rachaad.

3 hours ago, shovelheadt said:

Would love to knock this out by end of day tomorrow. Thinking of taking Friday off to go fishing!

:thumbsup: I would encourage people to send me lists, when needed.

back to Iceman

I already took Pierce, RB Houston. Please re-pick.

My apologies. I even had the pick results sheet up. glossed over him completely. 

1 minute ago, WhiteWonder said:

My apologies. I even had the pick results sheet up. glossed over him completely. 

I guess he must be good then!

Pick changed.... instead to a guy on the same team just as likely to be flat out cut :D

carry on

The QB's left are getting sketchy, so I grabbed Lawrence for his upside.  He finished as a very low end QB2 last year, but his situation has improved tremendously.  Meyer is gone and Doug Peterson is in.  Peterson has done wonders with QB's in the past, so Lawrence should improve.  The Jags also added Christian Kirk and Evan Engram (and Zay Jones), so he'll have a better arsenal around him. 

I took a "flyer" on Garrett Wilson.  He finds himself in a potentially crowded situation, but the Jets took him 10th for a reason and I think he slides into the WR2 spot on the team.  He won't produce world beater numbers, but at this point in the draft that is very hard to find.  And if something were to happen to Moore...who knows?

Drafting a backup QB who is likely never to see the field......  a necessary evil.   a couple QB's I didnt pick last round I had hoped would make it to me... but no such luck.

Winston is the guy who stands out.  hes actually thrown for 4000 yards 3 times and one of those was a 5000 yard season.   as a late round flyer I cant complain.

Probably should have taken my backup QB a round or 2 earlier but I can live with this.

Jamaal Williams: Not a sexy pick, but a solid number 5 back.

Robert Tonyan: 1 word sums up my TEs: Yeesh. Tonyan's coming off an injury, but GB needs someone to catch the ball with the loss of Adams. Not expecting 11 TDs again, but who knows?