Sign in to follow this  
BeenHereBefore

Netflix D.B. Cooper , Where Are You ?

I’m sorry about this, but they don’t know. 

Haven't seen the Netflix, but the story is interesting. Cooper's plan was amazing, except for the sky diving part. Apparently he was provided 4 parachutes, but chose one that couldn't be used for steering.

Also he was only wearing a thin suit. I've always pictured Cooper opening the aft-stair door and standing there thinking "Oh crap. What have I done?"  170+ mph wind, raining, freezing cold, pitch black...

I listened to a podcast about the case and at the end they gave opinions whether he made it or not. One podcaster speculated - "after he jumped, the chute probably got tangled around his gigantic balls."

1 hour ago, GobbleDog said:

Haven't seen the Netflix, but the story is interesting. Cooper's plan was amazing, except for the sky diving part. Apparently he was provided 4 parachutes, but chose one that couldn't be used for steering.

Also he was only wearing a thin suit. I've always pictured Cooper opening the aft-stair door and standing there thinking "Oh crap. What have I done?"  170+ mph wind, raining, freezing cold, pitch black...

I listened to a podcast about the case and at the end they gave opinions whether he made it or not. One podcaster speculated - "after he jumped, the chute probably got tangled around his gigantic balls."

In the first ep they was saying how smart he was asking for 4 chutes, so they couldn't give him a dummy one cause he may take hostages. Pretty good watch so far and been studying the case off & on for 20 years.

Good post. I hadn't noticed it was on Netflix, but love the story. Will be watching this weekend. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bostonlager said:

Good post. I hadn't noticed it was on Netflix, but love the story. Will be watching this weekend. 

Me too. Just something about the bad guy potentially getting away with it that makes it exciting. he didn't kill anyone, he just outsmarted them 

Let's be honest. Fock the banks and fock rich people

• Like 1

6 hours ago, edjr said:

Me too. Just something about the bad guy potentially getting away with it that makes it exciting. he didn't kill anyone, he just outsmarted them 

Let's be honest. Fock the banks and fock rich people

Agreed, but... let's be honest. Cooper didn't survive the jump.

Aside from the difficult task of being conscious enough to pull the rip chord while as frozen as a popsicle, and then surviving the wilderness in those conditions... none of the money was ever spent.?. He didn't do it to bury it in the backyard for all eternity and clearly nobody stumbled across his corpse and took the loot or they would've spent it.

Seems the money, his body, clothes, etc. all withered away in the forest. The only question, who was he and did he even get a chance to pull the rip chord? I'd guess.... no. Hit the ground at 150 mph and turned into bear food.

The ending leaves you in suspense. 

2 hours ago, weepaws said:

The ending leaves you in suspense. 

Just don't jump to conclusions before its done.

8 hours ago, GobbleDog said:

Agreed, but... let's be honest. Cooper didn't survive the jump.

Aside from the difficult task of being conscious enough to pull the rip chord while as frozen as a popsicle, and then surviving the wilderness in those conditions... none of the money was ever spent.?. He didn't do it to bury it in the backyard for all eternity and clearly nobody stumbled across his corpse and took the loot or they would've spent it.

Seems the money, his body, clothes, etc. all withered away in the forest. The only question, who was he and did he even get a chance to pull the rip chord? I'd guess.... no. Hit the ground at 150 mph and turned into bear food.

I highly doubt a dude would jump out a plane without no training at night. Did he live who knows but bet he had his ducks in a row. As far as the jump is concern.

One of his letters if it was him after.

"Sirs, I knew from the start that I wouldn't be caught,” the letter read. “I didn't rob Northwest Orient because I thought it would be romantic, heroic or any of the other euphemisms that seem to attach to situations of high risks. I'm no modern day Robin Hood. Unfortunately I do have only 14 months to live.

“My life has been one of hate, turmoil, hunger and more hate; this seemed to be the fastest and most profitable way to gain a few fast grains of peace of mind. I don't blame people for hating me for what I've done nor do I blame anybody for wanting me to be caught and punished, though this can never happen. Here are some (not all) of the things working against the authorities:

I'm not a boasting man

I left no fingerprints

I wore a toupee

I wore putty make-up

“They could add or subtract from the composite a hundred times and not come up with an accurate description; and we both know it. I've come and gone on several airline flights already and am not holed up in some obscure backwoods town. Neither am I a psycopathic (sic) killer. As a matter of fact I've never even received a speeding ticket.

So if D.B. died on the jump shortly after someone is clamming to be him. Like I said research this off and on for 20 years. Netflix show never mentioned the letters.

Incomplete. 

What happens at the end? 

2 minutes ago, weepaws said:

What happens at the end? 

It ends and you watch something else Duh. Keep going troll so many won't see the D.B. Cooper letters I posted.

No you don’t understand, what happen at the end of the story? Want me to give it away? 

20 minutes ago, weepaws said:

No you don’t understand, what happen at the end of the story? Want me to give it away? 

Haha Go ahead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On 7/17/2022 at 9:16 AM, avoiding injuries said:

I’m 2 episodes in. Ready to give up. Knowing that, should I continue?

Same here. Seems like the same ol B.S. they been throwing at us for 20 years

I stopped watching. it's all a sham

I watched 2 episodes I think. Meant to finish it. I highly doubt he failed to pull the cord. I also believe he got away with it because I believe someone would have found something when they looked immediately after. It's not like no one searched for him until years later. 

Dating a lady now who thinks it was her estranged father. No kidding. Has pictures of both, they look alike. Her dad was a counterfeiter on the lamb with the FBI. They never fought him either. 

I think he never jumped with the money and the stewardess was in on it and just walked off the plane with it

I just have a hard time believing someone smart enough to get to the point where he got the money, got everyone off a plane and then got that plane back off the ground didn’t think forward enough on what was going to happen after he landed.

The problem is remembering there was no cell phones so even if he had help the odds that he could pin point where he was going to land are pretty much zero. 

It’s pretty interesting though.

14 minutes ago, cyclone24 said:

I just have a hard time believing someone smart enough to get to the point where he got the money, got everyone off a plane and then got that plane back off the ground didn’t think forward enough on what was going to happen after he landed.

The problem is remembering there was no cell phones so even if he had help the odds that he could pin point where he was going to land are pretty much zero. 

Reports are there was a flare seen around that time

On 7/29/2022 at 2:32 PM, edjr said:

Reports are there was a flare seen around that time

Yeah I’ve seen that too. That’s still very much a needle in the haystack. 
I don’t know. Just from the timing standpoint it just doesn’t seem reasonable someone was standing in the woods somewhere waiting for a low-flying plane hoping it came over exactly where they were to launch a flare that he somehow parachute it to that exact spot to get away.