Sign in to follow this  
Ray_T

Fournette

https://bucswire.usatoday.com/2022/07/17/nfl-news-tampa-bay-buccaneers-leonard-fournette-weight-minicamp/

Looks like Fournette came in heavy.

If the report is true, thats bad news.

Good find.  This could really be an issue.  If I remember correctly he had issues early on in Jax coming in out of shape.  His relationship with mgt never recovered, and he was ousted.

He seemed to have his head on right in Tampa…

Not a big deal right now. If he comes in heavy to training camp that’s a different story. A player being out of shape in the off-season is hardly newsworthy…

• Confused 1

https://thespun.com/nfl/nfc-south/tampa-bay-buccaneers/leonard-fournette-reveals-how-much-he-weighs

here is another report where Fournette claims to be around 240.

so there is a contradiction here of sorts.

He’s going to be a solid high rb2, low rb1.  

4 hours ago, JagFan said:

Good find.  This could really be an issue.  If I remember correctly he had issues early on in Jax coming in out of shape.  His relationship with mgt never recovered, and he was ousted.

He seemed to have his head on right in Tampa…

I think there was more to it than that.

If I remember correctly he was involved in some incidents on the field that got him suspended. Also I think he had some locker room issues as well.

27 minutes ago, polecatt said:

I think there was more to it than that.

If I remember correctly he was involved in some incidents on the field that got him suspended. Also I think he had some locker room issues as well.

well, the weight can still be an issue.  hard to run fast if you are carrying too much weight.   I assume he would lose some of that weight in training camp, but he really needs to be down in the range of 230.   cant be 250 or 260 that's just too big.

11 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

well, the weight can still be an issue.  hard to run fast if you are carrying too much weight.   I assume he would lose some of that weight in training camp, but he really needs to be down in the range of 230.   cant be 250 or 260 that's just too big.

Well, he's got a couple of months before it really matters.

It shouldn't be difficult to take off a few lbs working out in Florida in the summer

5 hours ago, jrokh said:

Not a big deal right now. If he comes in heavy to training camp that’s a different story. A player being out of shape in the off-season is hardly newsworthy…

Doesn't training camp start next week?

I thought I read somewhere that he shows up fat every year.  Maybe he's fatter than usual?

15 minutes ago, nobody said:

Doesn't training camp start next week?

Soon, but the report was based off how he looked in June, so what does he look like 6 weeks later? 

3 hours ago, jrokh said:

Soon, but the report was based off how he looked in June, so what does he look like 6 weeks later? 

in june Fournette claimed to be 240.

in july they are saying he showed up a shade under 260.

right now a lot of this could be hearsay but I wouldnt be surprised if hes heavier than he should be given the sizeable number of reports out there.

as for which is true or if both are true, thats an alarming rate of weight gain in a short period of time.

all I'm saying is it is concerning.

for the record I honestly dont know how good the sources are for these stories either.  so lets be clear.  I saw the report and posted it.

I did not vet it in any way.

Fournette recorded the two fastest foot speeds in the NFL in 2017, when he weighed in the 230s, the fastest at 22.05 mph.

In 2018, he dipped into the 220s, and never topped 21.75 mph.

Applying regression analysis, at 260-270 he should hit a top speed of 22.90 - 23.20.

3 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

in june Fournette claimed to be 240.

in july they are saying he showed up a shade under 260.

right now a lot of this could be hearsay but I wouldnt be surprised if hes heavier than he should be given the sizeable number of reports out there.

as for which is true or if both are true, thats an alarming rate of weight gain in a short period of time.

all I'm saying is it is concerning.

You obviously didn’t read carefully what you posted. The report was based on mandatory mini camp In June, 6 weeks ago. Sloppy stuff Ray, and probably didn’t need posting…

Just now, jrokh said:

You obviously didn’t read carefully what you posted. The report was based on mandatory mini camp In June, 6 weeks ago. Sloppy stuff Ray, and probably didn’t need posting…

the one was a recent article.  I was on the way to work and assumed it was current news.   didnt have time to vet it.

sorry bud it happens sometimes.   I was in a rush

2 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

the one was a recent article.  I was on the way to work and assumed it was current news.   didnt have time to vet it.

sorry bud it happens sometimes.   I was in a rush

No worries just not up to your usual standards of accurate and cutting edge journalism. I’ll let this one slide…

36 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Fournette recorded the two fastest foot speeds in the NFL in 2017, when he weighed in the 230s, the fastest at 22.05 mph.

In 2018, he dipped into the 220s, and never topped 21.75 mph.

Applying regression analysis, at 260-270 he should hit a top speed of 22.90 - 23.20.

12 hours ago, Ray_T said:

Some NFL reporters were saying 260 and that the team is not very happy with him. I don't know what his nickname is on the team, but they may need to change it to Meatloaf the 2nd. 

He’s going to be a solid high rb2/ low rb1.  

On 7/19/2022 at 9:18 AM, weepaws said:

He’s going to be a solid high rb2/ low rb1.  

Bingo. 

43 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Bingo. 

He’ll be 28 years old in January. He’s a very large man with an old QB. Last year was his swan song. Your buying a stock at its high. Never a good strategy 

• Like 1

So he’ll be 27 during the ff season, high rb2/low Rb1.  I’ll send him a birthday card in January. Then he’ll be 28 for the 2023 ff season, I’ll worry about that then. 

Thanks 

30 minutes ago, weepaws said:

So he’ll be 27 during the ff season, high rb2/low Rb1.  I’ll send him a birthday card in January. Then he’ll be 28 for the 2023 ff season, I’ll worry about that then. 

Thanks 

Spoken like the little you are 

And I bet you’re not going to send him a birthday card? 

4 hours ago, jrokh said:

This aged well…

245 is still pretty big.

he could probably stand to lose another 10 lbs.  maybe 15.

but thats doable at least before season starts if he works hard enough.

10 hours ago, Ray_T said:

245 is still pretty big.

he could probably stand to lose another 10 lbs.  maybe 15.

but thats doable at least before season starts if he works hard enough.

Last year, they said he played between 235 and 240.  At 245, after the first day of practice in sunny Florida, he'll probably be a 238.  LOL

I wouldn't be concerned about July weight, especially in Florida.  That extra crap will burn off fast.

35 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Last year, they said he played between 235 and 240.  At 245, after the first day of practice in sunny Florida, he'll probably be a 238.  LOL

I wouldn't be concerned about July weight, especially in Florida.  That extra crap will burn off fast.

I do hope you are right.

Luckily I've never had to do a workout in the florida heat this time of year.    but it seems reasonable.   if most of the weight he put on was water weight that will come off fairly quickly anyhow.   Maybe thats what happened here.   clearly nearly 20 lbs disappeared pretty quickly. 

1 hour ago, Ray_T said:

I do hope you are right.

Luckily I've never had to do a workout in the florida heat this time of year.    but it seems reasonable.   if most of the weight he put on was water weight that will come off fairly quickly anyhow.   Maybe thats what happened here.   clearly nearly 20 lbs disappeared pretty quickly. 

It's not so much water weight, it's how quickly and how much your body burns fat.  People who lose a lot of water weight through exercise should drink it all back to reduce possible heat stroke, dehydration, and, the least concerning, muscle/bone recovery.

42 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

It's not so much water weight, it's how quickly and how much your body burns fat.  People who lose a lot of water weight through exercise should drink it all back to reduce possible heat stroke, dehydration, and, the least concerning, muscle/bone recovery.

No but people do have a certain amount of water weight.  and if you have a salty diet or if you have mild food allergies and eat that food, your body will bloat up and retain water in an attempt to dilute the unwanted food(or salt).   I'm not going to get into the science of it but you can have significant water weight if your diet isnt ideal.   Salt is one of those foods that makes you retain water big time.

a couple summers ago on the advice of my dietician I cut salt from my diet and ramped up my water intake(with no other changes to my diet) and lost a significant amount of weight in only 6 weeks.  Most of which was water weight.

It is healthy to have a certain amount of water weight but your body usually regulates that on its own unless there is excess amounts of certain foods in your diet (especially salty foods) and yes, you need to keep drinking water to lose it in that scenario.

Just now, Ray_T said:

No but people do have a certain amount of water weight.  and if you have a salty diet or if you have mild food allergies and eat that food, your body will bloat up and retain water in an attempt to dilute the unwanted food(or salt).   I'm not going to get into the science of it but you can have significant water weight if your diet isnt ideal.   Salt is one of those foods that makes you retain water big time.

a couple summers ago on the advice of my dietician I cut salt from my diet and ramped up my water intake(with no other changes to my diet) and lost a significant amount of weight in only 6 weeks.  Most of which was water weight.

It is healthy to have a certain amount of water weight but your body usually regulates that on its own unless there is excess amounts of certain foods in your diet (especially salty foods) and yes, you need to keep drinking water to lose it in that scenario.

Oh sure, but that's mostly the everyday Joe, not professional athletes.  I'm willing to bet that any extra padding that every football player adds in the offseason is fat, not water weight.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Oh sure, but that's mostly the everyday Joe, not professional athletes.  I'm willing to bet that any extra padding that every football player adds in the offseason is fat, not water weight.

you might be right.  I dont know that I know enough about the nuances of a football players diet and such.  I do know they need to consume more calories than a normal person to maintain their playing weight. (a normal diet with that amount of exercise usually means the body gets smaller)

so there is something to it   but interestingly enough some guys still cant keep the weight off so thats no guarantee its not an issue.    and hes had weight issues going into camp before in Jaxonville I think so the situation is worth watching.  

I'm happy hes down to a more reasonable weight.   if he loses a few more pounds I'd be happier.

260 was definitely way too big.   245, while not ideal, hes at least at a point where he can probably run at a reasonable speed.    at 230 I'd be starting to get excited about the kind of season hes about to have.

18 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

you might be right.  I dont know that I know enough about the nuances of a football players diet and such.  I do know they need to consume more calories than a normal person to maintain their playing weight. (a normal diet with that amount of exercise usually means the body gets smaller)

so there is something to it   but interestingly enough some guys still cant keep the weight off so thats no guarantee its not an issue.    and hes had weight issues going into camp before in Jaxonville I think so the situation is worth watching.  

I'm happy hes down to a more reasonable weight.   if he loses a few more pounds I'd be happier.

260 was definitely way too big.   245, while not ideal, hes at least at a point where he can probably run at a reasonable speed.    at 230 I'd be starting to get excited about the kind of season hes about to have.

Last year he did fine weighing between 235-240 (according to Pewter Report), so I don't think he'll have a hard time falling into that range when the season starts.  I'll be honest, I never really followed him that much in Jacksonville, so I'm fine with taking your word for it with respect to weight issues there.

34 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Last year he did fine weighing between 235-240 (according to Pewter Report), so I don't think he'll have a hard time falling into that range when the season starts.  I'll be honest, I never really followed him that much in Jacksonville, so I'm fine with taking your word for it with respect to weight issues there.

it was reportedly one of the reasons they let him go.   Not the main reason I might add. 

That said, when letting someone go, you usually throw every reason you can think of out there to justify the decision so the fan base gets mad at the player and not the team.

You know that too, so how much of that is true.....  I cannot say for sure.

So you keep four, who’s the four right now?