Sign in to follow this  
GobbleDog

Running of the Bulls 2022 - three dead in 24 hours

Three men have died in 24 hours from wounds during bull-running festivals in Spain.

They all took part in Valencia's traditional bous al carrer (bull-running), when bulls charge through towns, often with people ahead of them. Animal groups have complained of the dangers for the public as well as the animals. They say 20 people have died in the past eight years.

The three men had all been badly injured during events in the past two weeks. In one of the incidents, a 56-year-old man who had been standing behind a block in the middle of street, was tossed by the bull and suffered a brain injury. A man, aged 50, also died after his lung was pierced by a bull. A 64-year-old French visitor died on Monday from wounds he suffered.

The mayor of Meliana said the bull was an animal and chance accidents were a risk that people took. Goring incidents have become a regular feature of bull-running in recent years.

Spain's most famous festival, running of the bulls in Pamplona, saw 35 injuries this year. It was the first time it had been held in three years, because of the Covid pandemic. Spain's party for the animals repeated its call for the abolition of bull festivals, criticizing organizers for endangering the lives of residents and inflicting abuse on animals.

The season provides a much-needed boost to Valencia's economy. A 2019 study found that it created more than 3,000 jobs and brought in €300m with almost 10,000 events a year.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-62249049

I'd watch, but I ain't running.

I bet the bulls that managed to kill someone get treated like the high school QB that wins the big game.  A local legend to all the other bulls. :pointstosky:

1 hour ago, Mungwater said:

I ran with the bulls in 99

You went to Spain?  Do you sprekin Espanol?

Nothing like getting hit with a plastic bat by a phat chick running for your fawking life and banging them later high on coke.🥕🥕🥕

Ran with the bulls in Pamplona in 1980. I was shrooming.  The risk, from my perspective, was getting tripped by fellow runners.  Most runners do not really get close to the bulls but bail out well before danger.  Some runners take severe chances trying to prove their manhood.  Me, I like my manhood enough that I did not allow a bull horn close enough to jeopardize it.

Not nearly enough

bring back c0ck fighting.  :thumbsup:

15 minutes ago, vomit said:

I always root for the bulls

Of course you do.  

5 hours ago, GobbleDog said:

You went to Spain?  Do you sprekin Espanol?

Yes, but their Spanish is a little different.

I was living in Germany at the time

As much as I didn't like him. And I still don't? I don't know how the hell the Bulls acquired Dennis rodman. Somehow Phil Jackson made that work.

Every one of those f****** was dysfunctional. And he made it work. Brilliantly.

And I still want to punch Steve Kerr in the face.

But the bulls back in the day? And the Celtics and the Lakers and the jazz? God damn do I miss that kind of ball. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

I root for the Pelicans

What??? Why???

11 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

I root for the Pelicans

They don't have a leg to stand on.