Sign in to follow this  
lowman

Player you will draft early-ish?

WR Ravens Rashod Bateman.is the guy for me.

Every draft is different but once Waddle goes off the board, that’s my round..

Waddles ADP is way to high, so don’t draft Bateman at that level. 

Baltimore will be run heavy. They drafted to be run heavy.

Bateman is a nice player, but wait and see if the Ravens bring someone else in. Because that will affect the small target share there is in Baltimore. 

• Like 1

Was hoping to snag Etienne in the 4th of most of my drafts, but thinking it may need to be 3rd or even late 2nd by this time next month.

Not sure but based on my draft position in a 10 teamer, I might go wr first this year......

I like Allen Robinson and will likely take him above his adp.

Rashaad Penny with a Ken Walker 111 handcuff would be nice on a run heavy offense.

2 hours ago, makindollaz said:

Was hoping to snag Etienne in the 4th of most of my drafts, but thinking it may need to be 3rd or even late 2nd by this time next month.

at that price I wouldnt pay.   dude is coming back from a major injury.   I know someone posted a video of him looking fine on another thread, but thats a massive overpay given the nature of the injury even if he was a proven commodity.    but hes not.  he never played his rookie year due to the injury.  so this is basically a 2nd round pick for a rookie coming off a major injury.

No thanks.

I dont deny the potential and the talent, but there are also times when that isnt enough.

If he had come in and had a big rookie year and then got hurt..... then I could at least understand picking that high, but this seems like the hype is out of control.

3 hours ago, Ray_T said:

at that price I wouldnt pay.   dude is coming back from a major injury.   I know someone posted a video of him looking fine on another thread, but thats a massive overpay given the nature of the injury even if he was a proven commodity.    but hes not.  he never played his rookie year due to the injury.  so this is basically a 2nd round pick for a rookie coming off a major injury.

No thanks.

I dont deny the potential and the talent, but there are also times when that isnt enough.

If he had come in and had a big rookie year and then got hurt..... then I could at least understand picking that high, but this seems like the hype is out of control.

Robinson has avoided the pup list and now expected to be the starter according to Doug Pedersen yesterday. That's only seven months removed from a torn Achilles but nonetheless he's in camp and practicing. It looks like rbbc at best for Etienne at this point but things could change. I'd rather take Chubb or Jones if I'm getting a RB with a 60/40 split.

With  both Ravens RBs coming of ACL

surgeries 

Plus

Hollywood Brown and Watkins of the roster 

Brings me hope. Ravens obviously were big on him , drafting him so early. Then the groin surgery. Never really had a chance last year to shine with injury to himself and Lamar.

I realize Andrews is really the number one target, plus the Ravens will be amongst the NFL in rush attempts. However I think the floor on Him is 70. 800. 6.

With Upside.

57 minutes ago, wolves111 said:

Robinson has avoided the pup list and now expected to be the starter according to Doug Pedersen yesterday. That's only seven months removed from a torn Achilles but nonetheless he's in camp and practicing. It looks like rbbc at best for Etienne at this point but things could change. I'd rather take Chubb or Jones if I'm getting a RB with a 60/40 split.

actually the fact Robinson has avoided the Pup would keep some from buying in at that price.  I thought Robinson would miss time to start the season but didnt know how much time.  (I figured a couple weeks)

that may still happen, but not being on the PUP list is huge.     This adds an element of uncertainty to the RB situation.

I have done four $30 mock drafts.

PPRL With a normal flex.

For my taste have those big 3 WRs and Kelce getting drafted early is helping me out.

Im ending up with 2 great backs during first 2 rounds.

If I am able to draft Deandre a little early, those teams are stacked 

Not as big on Bateman has I was 

Fun couple of weeks coming up 

19 minutes ago, lowman said:

I have done four $30 mock drafts.

I hope you mean Best Ball leagues, and not that you axually paid $30 to do a mock draft (or four).

Its a  league.

Last year I did 3 small leagues at RTS, for practice to gear up for my 3 main leagues.

It helped be last year, so I am doing the same this year.

Actually cashed $200  in one of them. 

On 7/25/2022 at 8:05 AM, Smileseers said:

I like Allen Robinson and will likely take him above his adp.

I also like him above his ADP.  I think hes gonna have a nice year.

50 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

Pittman, Jr, probably

yeah hes also a good candidate.   the hype is starting to get rolling on him and his ADP is rising.  by draft day he may no longer be a good buy at his ADP.

1 hour ago, cmh6476 said:

Pittman, Jr, probably

17 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

yeah hes also a good candidate.   the hype is starting to get rolling on him and his ADP is rising.  by draft day he may no longer be a good buy at his ADP.

He’s a third round pick, how early? 

3 hours ago, Ray_T said:

I also like him above his ADP.  I think hes gonna have a nice year.

Thought the same thing about mr Robinson, but so much much now, Stafford elbow is going to be a problem.  

9 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Thought the same thing about mr Robinson, but so much much now, Stafford elbow is going to be a problem.  

well, you are clearly more concerned about it than I am.  and fair enough.

We cant agree on everything.

I’m really tempted to take Javonte Williams in Round 2 over guys like Barkley, Kamara, Jones etc.

4 minutes ago, MDC said:

I’m really tempted to take Javonte Williams in Round 2 over guys like Barkley, Kamara, Jones etc.

I think passing on Barkley/Kamara is potentially a mistake.

Thing about Javonte is hes still in a timeshare situation.   I do think hes going to eventually be the starter, but that could take up to a year before hes the clear cut starter.  so unless this is a keeper league, I'd pass on him if these guys are on the board.

if Barkely is healthy hes the clear cut #1.   Ditto for Kamara (and if hes not suspended)

I could see passing on jones as hes in a timeshare himself.  similar situation to Javonte actually at this point its mostly a matter of preference and which offense you like more.

Just now, Ray_T said:

I think passing on Barkley/Kamara is potentially a mistake.

Thing about Javonte is hes still in a timeshare situation.   I do think hes going to eventually be the starter, but that could take up to a year before hes the clear cut starter.  so unless this is a keeper league, I'd pass on him if these guys are on the board.

if Barkely is healthy hes the clear cut #1.   Ditto for Kamara (and if hes not suspended)

I could see passing on jones as hes in a timeshare himself.  similar situation to Javonte actually at this point its mostly a matter of preference and which offense you like more.

I can respect that but my way of thinking is that he’s much younger than Kamara, who broke down last year, less injury concern than Barkley, and plays on a far better O than either of them. Those 2 are safer picks but IMO Javonte is the homerun swing. 

2 minutes ago, MDC said:

I can respect that but my way of thinking is that he’s much younger than Kamara, who broke down last year, less injury concern than Barkley, and plays on a far better O than either of them. Those 2 are safer picks but IMO Javonte is the homerun swing. 

in a keeper/dynasty league sometimes you pick the younger player over the older(and better player)  is this your situation here?

3 minutes ago, MDC said:

I dont deny the upside of Javonte.  I just think hes a year away from realizing all of that potential.

in redraft I dont take him.   in a keeper league, its a more interesting decision that requires perhaps more thought than I've put in on this thread.   it would also require rules of your league and your roster, potential keepers (etc)

I would recommend you start a new thread in the a little help category if you are looking for more specific advice.

31 minutes ago, MDC said:

I hope on the now three leagues I’m in , that the other owners I’m draft against agree with you.  

Whats your thoughts about this jrokh? 

My guy is prob Pittman jr. I plan on going wr with pick 3 overall in 10 team full ppr non keeper where we play 1rb then 5 flex spot of wr/rb/te then best rb in second possibly barkley, Jones, kamara or Lenny then I’ll take Pittman jr over tyreek, evans and Allen who will poss be be the guys staring at me in the third. I’m all in on Pittman upside. After 23yrs kinda feel like shooting for the upside guys this year vs the safe ones. 

How early will be targeting Pittman, he’s a third round pick? 

Whats your opinion about this jrokh? 

53 minutes ago, MDC said:

Must have a Cowboys fan in your league if Zeke is gone by then.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, MDC said:

I think it’s the opposite, coming back from injury, I think Barkely is the homerun swing.  

4 minutes ago, weepaws said:

I think it’s the opposite, coming back from injury, I think Barkely is the homerun swing.  

I like Barkley too but I’ll take Williams. Slightly younger, far better offensive situation and no injury concerns. Tbh I’d be pretty happy with both as starting RBs.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

I hope on the now three leagues I’m in , that the other owners I’m draft against agree with you.  

Whats your thoughts about this jrokh? 

I don’t have any thoughts about any of the leagues you are in. Good to see I’m renting space in your head though…

• Thanks 1

I drafted Weepaws in round 18 of my draft.  nobody knows who he is....but we do.   Weepaws, you better produce or I'm kicking you offa my team and I'll replace you with Axe Elf or even worse.....Chase Daniel.

I dont want excuses.... I expect results.

on a more serious note, is everyone ready for the draft yet?

I think Carr and Jacobs are under rated, which pains me to say as a chiefs fan.   I don't know that we've ever seen a trio more threatening than Adams, Renfrow and Waller.  

I still think chiefs win the division; but it would not surprise me to see the raiders as the top wild card and move on to probably beat the lowest wild card and face the Chiefs after that :ninja:

5 hours ago, Lamb of God said:

My guy is prob Pittman jr. I plan on going wr with pick 3 overall in 10 team full ppr non keeper where we play 1rb then 5 flex spot of wr/rb/te then best rb in second possibly barkley, Jones, kamara or Lenny then I’ll take Pittman jr over tyreek, evans and Allen who will poss be be the guys staring at me in the third. I’m all in on Pittman upside. After 23yrs kinda feel like shooting for the upside guys this year vs the safe ones. 

I feel better about Adams transition than Hill just because adams played with Carr in college. 

5 hours ago, MDC said:

I like Barkley too but I’ll take Williams. Slightly younger, far better offensive situation and no injury concerns. Tbh I’d be pretty happy with both as starting RBs.

Ray asked ones, I’ll ask a second time, is this a keeper league? 

4 hours ago, jrokh said:

I don’t have any thoughts about any of the leagues you are in. Good to see I’m renting space in your head though…

I wouldn’t rent to you, you don’t pay 🤪

Sutton is someone I'm targeting. His rankings have been all over the place.  So I'm not really sure where he's projected to go.  

3 hours ago, Ray_T said:

I drafted Weepaws in round 18 of my draft.  nobody knows who he is....but we do.   Weepaws, you better produce or I'm kicking you offa my team and I'll replace you with Axe Elf or even worse.....Chase Daniel.

I dont want excuses.... I expect results.

on a more serious note, is everyone ready for the draft yet?

Next week I have three drafts, I will travel to Auburn California for one, and up to Oregon for another, the third which is the leagues I’ve been in the longest we will draft in South Lake Tahoe , has to move that one to Reno because of the fires in Tahoe last year.  

But heck yeah I’m ready.  

17 minutes ago, cmh6476 said:

I think Carr and Jacobs are under rated, which pains me to say as a chiefs fan.   I don't know that we've ever seen a trio more threatening than Adams, Renfrow and Waller.  

I still think chiefs win the division; but it would not surprise me to see the raiders as the top wild card and move on to probably beat the lowest wild card and face the Chiefs after that :ninja:

Don’t worry , you already know what’s not going to happen, another KC super bowl win with Mahomes at Qb. 

Good luck. 

43 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Ray asked ones, I’ll ask a second time, is this a keeper league? 

Ray didn’t ask me anything unless I missed a question. :dunno: 

No I’m talking redraft.