Sign in to follow this  
BeenHereBefore

On The Wagon

Quit drinking for almost a week now and on the weed & O'Douls plan, O'Douls is just for the weekends and lot of coffee during the week. I feel good and hitting the gym more plus eating healthy as well.

• Thanks 1

Been making my own healthy salad dressing and making my own V8 juice and mostly what I been eating. Plenty of water too and not missing the beer much at all.

1 hour ago, BeenHereBefore said:

Been making my own healthy salad dressing and making my own V8 juice and mostly what I been eating. Plenty of water too and not missing the beer much at all.

Whats the dressing recipe?  I love a good home made dressing.

7 minutes ago, BeenHereBefore said:

About 20 beers a day for a long time and thanks.

BeerHereBefore

Good ridens our friend. Need anything let me know.AA works. Got your back!!!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BunnysBastatrds said:

BeerHereBefore

Good ridens our friend. Need anything let me know.AA works. Got your back!!!

Thanks Bunny!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, BeenHereBefore said:

Thanks Bunny!

You bet! Noon meetings work best. Check those out first. Listen to the old timers. And go to detox. Check in. Takes three days. It fawking sucks but well worth it. Have to start somewhere. In my opinion, best place to start. 

You need anything, let me know. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, BeenHereBefore said:

Are you tracking your weight? It would be interesting to see how much weight you lose from removing all of those carbs.  

16 hours ago, BeenHereBefore said:

Man, that sounds exhausting. Good on ya for making a change.

:thumbsup:

1 hour ago, Reality said:

Man, that sounds exhausting. Good on ya for making a change.

:thumbsup:

Thanks man and yea affecting my health and just don't want it anymore.

1 hour ago, jerryskids said:

Are you tracking your weight? It would be interesting to see how much weight you lose from removing all of those carbs.  

I go to the doc Wednesday so will know my weight then but feel I lost about 7 lbs already.

17 hours ago, BeenHereBefore said:

I go to the doc Wednesday so will know my weight then but feel I lost about 7 lbs already.

Cool! Is the doc a regular checkup or are you seeing him for something in particular? 

I’m not on a wagon because I have never drank everyday but I’ve recently cut back to just weekends.  Over Covid and the WFH / Shutdowns I started having drinks a couple nights during the week. Maybe 4-5 beers in the evenings or a bottle of wine.  It became a habit, had to dial it back.  

• Like 1

Good for you!!! I quit drinking about 3.5 years ago....there are still days when it's tough but hang in there. Focusing on the healthy changes helps a lot. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TheNewGirl said:

Good for you!!! I quit drinking about 3.5 years ago....there are still days when it's tough but hang in there. Focusing on the healthy changes helps a lot. 

I lost track.  I'm about 8 years without an alcoholic beverage.  Smoke ganga like a fiend tho.

35 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

I’m not on a wagon because I have never drank everyday but I’ve recently cut back to just weekends.  Over Covid and the WFH / Shutdowns I started having drinks a couple nights during the week. Maybe 4-5 beers in the evenings or a bottle of wine.  It became a habit, had to dial it back.  

Weekends only here also. 1 or 2 on a weeknight too easily turns into a 6 pack. Getting too old for that.

1 hour ago, jerryskids said:

Cool! Is the doc a regular checkup or are you seeing him for something in particular? 

Test for the big D and thyroid. Went over to get the blood test today the day before and my idiot doc never fax it into the place.

2 hours ago, listen2me 23 said:

More money to double up on the gambling addiction!

No, but good for you.

Yea about $600 a month more and another reason I;m done. 30 pack a day. As for gambling just threw more in my account and haven't been doing to good at baseball lately.

55 minutes ago, TheNewGirl said:

Thank you and good for you! I'm starting to get addict to coffee again lol.

48 minutes ago, Alias Detective said:

I lost track.  I'm about 8 years without an alcoholic beverage.  Smoke ganga like a fiend tho.

I'm still smoking but not everyday and just at night a few times a week.

28 minutes ago, Reality said:

Weekends only here also. 1 or 2 on a weeknight too easily turns into a 6 pack. Getting too old for that.

Yep it just keeps turning into more if you don't nip it early.

4 minutes ago, BeenHereBefore said:

I'm still smoking but not everyday and just at night a few times a week.

When I was in group therapy classes, quitting smoking was among the most difficult things to do. One thing at a time. 

• Like 1

Just now, TheNewGirl said:

When I was in group therapy classes, quitting smoking was among the most difficult things to do. One thing at a time. 

Yep I agree!

I finish my daily weight lifting and treadmill sessions with 3 vodkas and 10 marlboros before dinner. Turkey burger and brown rice or brocoli . Works for me 

• Like 1