Sign in to follow this  
Mike Honcho

Support the troops unless...

Senate Dems outmaneuver you into getting two bills passed(one with GOP support), then fock their cancer-riddled bodies. 

GOP senators block bill expanding care for veterans exposed to toxins

Republican lawmakers blocked passage of a bill in the U.S. Senate Wednesday that expands healthcare coverage for military veterans who were exposed to toxins and burn pits during their service.

All Democrats and eight Republicans voted for the Sgt. 1st Class Heath Robinson Honoring Our PACT Act, but the 55 yes votes fell short of the 60 needed to end a filibuster in the Senate. Three Senators did not vote.

The House passed the PACT Act by a 342-88 vote on July 13, about a month after the Senate passed the bill by a vote of 84-14.

The Senate had to retake the bill up on Wednesday because the House passed some minor changes in its version.

So what's in the bill that you aren't mentioning? Another trillion dollars to build planes for liberal senators to fly around the world going to climate crisis meetings?

• Thanks 1

Democrats playing games again and using our vets to do it. 

• Thanks 1

Quit adding garbage to these Bills.

On the Senate floor on Wednesday afternoon, Republican Sen. Pat Toomey R-Penn. urged his fellow Republicans to join him in blocking the bill and stated that he would vote against the bill because it would create $400 billion in unrelated spending.

"My concern about this bill has nothing to do with the purpose of the bill," Toomey said. "This budgetary gimmick is so unrelated to the actual veterans' issue that has to do with burn pits, that it's not even in the House version of this bill."

I also love how every bill will lower prescription and medical costs.  ##### clowns just trying to save their jobs.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Democrats playing games again and using our vets to do it. 

4 minutes ago, Reality said:

Quit adding garbage to these Bills.

On the Senate floor on Wednesday afternoon, Republican Sen. Pat Toomey R-Penn. urged his fellow Republicans to join him in blocking the bill and stated that he would vote against the bill because it would create $400 billion in unrelated spending.

"My concern about this bill has nothing to do with the purpose of the bill," Toomey said. "This budgetary gimmick is so unrelated to the actual veterans' issue that has to do with burn pits, that it's not even in the House version of this bill."

the Senate passed the bill by a vote of 84-14 back in May.  The House made minor changes and passed it 342-88.  Practically the same bill, this is all about sticking it to the Dems for passing their Climate Change Tax bill. 

This is going to play great during elections---I'd run add of cancer dying vets in every state where a Republican voted against this.

3 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

the Senate passed the bill by a vote of 84-14 back in May.  The House made minor changes and passed it 342-88.  Practically the same bill, this is all about sticking it to the Dems for passing their Climate Change Tax bill. 

This is going to play great during elections---I'd run add of cancer dying vets in every state where a Republican voted against this.

If the bill passed back in May, why are the democrats changing it in July?

What else is in the bill?

And that "Climate Change Tax Bill" is a farce and will hurt every American in one way or another. The democrats should not be allowed to pass any bills moving forward.

2 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

If you believe that, I don’t know what to tell you.

Just now, Mungwater said:

If you believe that, I don’t know what to tell you.

Sadly, he does. Lost cause.

Liberal bots like Honcho are NOT here to engage in dialogue.  They are here to personally attack people and run guilt trips.  And as much as I say that, here is Honcho with a fresh gaslighting guilt trip.  He doesn't show up in the 2349873249 threads about liberal disasters to criticize the left.  I imagine he wakes up every day, scans the news for a way to run a guilt trip in the GC, and if he can't find anything, he might instead post one of his "Good Morning" threads.

He will continue to do it.  I'll continue to call him out.

• Thanks 2

“Minor changes”. Why? What were they? You would think you would ask that question before running with the narrative. 

I'm a veteran that was exposed to burning oil fields as well as burn pits on a good half dozen occasions at least.

Anyway, there were 84 votes originally which could have easily beaten a filibuster, now it's down to 55... Why? Likely riders.

Not one one of you has shown that the changes were anything but minor(I've read it was a technical fix in the House version).  But I see people saying it's the Democrats fault, they are playing politics, too much spending and regurgitation of a GOP talking point(that says nothing) and yet I'm the mindless liberal who believes everything.  

You guys are a special bunch.  

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Literally posted the comment about 400 billion in unrelated spending. Speaking of special.

Take the day off man, enjoy your weekend.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

Not one one of you has shown that the changes were anything but minor(I've read it was a technical fix in the House version).  But I see people saying it's the Democrats fault, they are playing politics, too much spending and regurgitation of a GOP talking point(that says nothing) and yet I'm the mindless liberal who believes everything.  

You know better than this, I know you know better than this....you are a better poster than this.  You know what transpired.  The Republicans do it just as much as the Democrat's.

This is NOT the hill to die on. 

9 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

make sure to do some sort of scold emoji and add the words "dont you all feel so guilty?!?!?!"

7 minutes ago, Reality said:

Literally posted the comment about 400 billion in unrelated spending. Speaking of special.

Facts don't matter because he has feelings on his side.

I know you think he's a scary liberal, but Jon Stewart always does a really good job with things like this in terms of stripping away the b******* and laying out the facts plain and simple. 

He just destroys "Patriot Pat " Toomey. 

Really good, to the point, brief interview on cnn.com with him right now.

30 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

I know you think he's a scary liberal, but Jon Stewart always does a really good job with things like this in terms of stripping away the b******* and laying out the facts plain and simple. 

He just destroys "Patriot Pat " Toomey. 

Really good, to the point, brief interview on cnn.com with him right now.

I doubt it. 

1 hour ago, RLLD said:

You know better than this, I know you know better than this....you are a better poster than this.  You know what transpired.  The Republicans do it just as much as the Democrat's.

This is NOT the hill to die on. 

Please enlighten everybody as to what transpired--cause from where I'm sitting the GOP played politics(something the Dems do just as much) after getting surprised on the Manchin-Shumer compromise. Why in only 3 weeks did 30 Republican senators switch their votes.

Also replying to my comment about how the righties on this board don't think critically or defend their positions with facts with a comment that says nothing, really isn't impressing me much at all.

Just now, Mike Honcho said:

Please enlighten everybody as to what transpired--cause from where I'm sitting the GOP played politics(something the Dems do just as much) after getting surprised on the Manchin-Shumer compromise. Why in only 3 weeks did 30 Republican senators switch their votes.

Also replying to my comment about how the righties on this board don't think critically or defend their positions with facts with a comment that says nothing, really isn't impressing me much at all.

Why did they need to vote again if everything was the same in the bill?

1 minute ago, craftsman said:

Why did they need to vote again if everything was the same in the bill?

GOP senators block bill expanding care for veterans exposed to toxins

Republican lawmakers blocked passage of a bill in the U.S. Senate Wednesday that expands healthcare coverage for military veterans who were exposed to toxins and burn pits during their service.

All Democrats and eight Republicans voted for the Sgt. 1st Class Heath Robinson Honoring Our PACT Act, but the 55 yes votes fell short of the 60 needed to end a filibuster in the Senate. Three Senators did not vote.

The House passed the PACT Act by a 342-88 vote on July 13, about a month after the Senate passed the bill by a vote of 84-14.

The Senate had to retake the bill up on Wednesday because the House passed some minor changes in its version.

What to take a second crack at at?

1 hour ago, Reality said:

Literally posted this comment after the comment about " regurgitation of a GOP talking point"   

Most lockstep liberal I've ever run across, never change dude.

Unrelated spending is a GOP talking point, beautiful....

:doh:

30 minutes ago, Reality said:

Most lockstep liberal I've ever run across, never change dude.

Unrelated spending is a GOP talking point, beautiful....

:doh:

Yeah, I'd call it a talking point when the spending hasn't changed in the two bills and 30 GOP's voted for it the first time but not the second.  But yeah, use that excuse that it's about the spending Mr. ThinkForYourself.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We send Republicans to DC to curtail wasteful spending. They rarely do it, good to see somebody finally putting their foot down.

Fix it and revote, seems pretty simple, unless you have some sort of issue with the legislative process. 

We're not exactly performing rocket surgery here folks...

:dunno:

The bill passed the senate and had big time support from both sides of the aisle.  Then the democrats added $400 billion for their pet projects. So the republicans either had to vote for the bill with the added pork or face a political backlash by voting against it.  The democrats count on the fact that most people don't have the time or desire to look deeply into the details to see what happened.  That and they are helped by the liberal media who carry the dem's water by writing the perfect misleading headlines.

This is actually pretty simple/straightforward.   Do you really think the republicans - who haven't exactly been shy about spending the taxpayer's dollars lately,  were like "yah - fuk those veterans"?    The dems did it this way for exactly the purpose of what they got.    Forced the R's to vote "no",  lib media runs a bunch of "republicans veto veteran aid" headlines,  Jon Stewart comes in like a trained seal and does his act,  and now they can all dance around and point fingers and say "see how awful they are!"

It's so obvious that I am kind of embarrassed for the people who don't see it.  

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

So we are to believe taking care of our troops afflicted by the burn pits would cost 400 billion? Note to libtards: A billion is still a lot.  400 billion is huge. 

I wonder what happens to most of this $$ each year.

The United States Department of Veterans Affairs had outlays of about 233.78 billion U.S. dollars in 2021. By 2027, the outlays of the Department of Veterans Affairs are expected to increase to about 372.28 billion U.S. dollars.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/200507/outlays-of-the-us-department-of-veterans-affairs-since-2000/#:~:text=U.S. government - outlays of the Department of Veterans Affairs 2000-2027&text=The United States Department of,billion U.S. dollars in 2021.

17 minutes ago, Masshole said:

The bill passed the senate and had big time support from both sides of the isle.  Then the democrats added $400 billion for their pet projects. So the republicans either had to vote for the bill with the added pork or face a political backlash by voting against it.  The democrats count on the fact that most people don't have the time or desire to look deeply into the details to see what happened.  That and they are helped by the liberal media who carry the dem's water by writing the perfect misleading headlines.

This is actually pretty simple/straightforward.   Do you really think the republicans - who haven't exactly been shy about spending the taxpayer's dollars lately,  were like "yah - fuk those veterans"?    The dems did it this way for exactly the purpose of what they got.    Forced the R's to vote "no",  lib media runs a bunch of "republicans veto veteran aid" headlines,  Jon Stewart comes in like a trained seal and does his act,  and now they can all dance around and point fingers and say "see how awful they are!"

Wednesday’s failed vote was rooted in the budgetary policy dispute that was first raised last month by Sen. Patrick J. Toomey (R-Pa.), who objected to the way the bill would change the accounting of about $400 billion in preexisting veterans spending.

That previously authorized spending had been designated as discretionary — that is, subject to yearly congressional appropriations. But the bill, known as the PACT Act, authorizes $280 billion of new mandatory spending — that is, not subject to yearly appropriations — and also converts the prior $400 billion in authorizations from discretionary to mandatory.

That, Toomey first argued last month, amounts to a budget “gimmick” that could facilitate massive amounts of new appropriated spending: “Why would they do a thing like that?” he said in a June 24 floor speech. “The reason is because that way you create a big gaping hole in the discretionary spending category, which can be filled with another $400 billion of totally unrelated spending — who knows on what.”

After the failed vote Wednesday, Toomey said an amendment could allow the bill to be quickly passed: “My concern about this bill has nothing to do with the purpose of the bill,” he said. “It is a budgetary gimmick that has the intent of making it possible to have a huge explosion in unrelated spending — $400 billion.”

Didn't add 400B in spending, not pet projects, Toomey is saying that by making the 400B of discretionary mandatory, there would a 400B shortfall in discretionary(talk about an accounting trick).  Even Toomey knows there isn't 400B in new spending. 

Veterans are dying due to political games the GOP is playing. 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Mike Honcho said:

What to take a second crack at at?

Why do I need to take a second crack at it? Democrats changed it, and then it got voted down. Why do you keep going on about this?

• Sad 1

30 minutes ago, Masshole said:

The bill passed the senate and had big time support from both sides of the isle.  Then the democrats added $400 billion for their pet projects. So the republicans either had to vote for the bill with the added pork or face a political backlash by voting against it.  The democrats count on the fact that most people don't have the time or desire to look deeply into the details to see what happened.  That and they are helped by the liberal media who carry the dem's water by writing the perfect misleading headlines.

What island would that be?

4 minutes ago, posty said:

What island would that be?

I corrected it, spelling nazis. . .

10 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

Somebody this hysterical probably isn't worth trying to reason with but, once again... Read below on money already budgeted for veterans. Hopefully you'll be able to get to sleep tonight knowing the truth.

18 minutes ago, Reality said:

I wonder what happens to most of this $$ each year.

The United States Department of Veterans Affairs had outlays of about 233.78 billion U.S. dollars in 2021. By 2027, the outlays of the Department of Veterans Affairs are expected to increase to about 372.28 billion U.S. dollars.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/200507/outlays-of-the-us-department-of-veterans-affairs-since-2000/#:~:text=U.S. government - outlays of the Department of Veterans Affairs 2000-2027&text=The United States Department of,billion U.S. dollars in 2021.

1 minute ago, Masshole said:

I corrected it, spelling nazis. . .

:cheers:

28 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

Didn't add 400B in spending, not pet projects, Toomey is saying that by making the 400B of discretionary mandatory, there would a 400B shortfall in discretionary(talk about an accounting trick).  Even Toomey knows there isn't 400B in new spending. 

20 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Wait, they are being denied medical resources, right now over their injuries? And dying without getting medical attention? Who’s denying them? VA: Sorry, we don’t treat that cancer until this bill passes. Come on man 

All emotion and no facts.    Just takes whatever Jon Stewart tells him to think.    

8 hours ago, Mike Honcho said:

Senate Dems outmaneuver you into getting two bills passed(one with GOP support), then fock their cancer-riddled bodies. 

Sorry dood but even us normal democrats aren’t buying into the gas lighting you and the far left keep trying to do. We’ve seen too much hypocrisy and have seen them exposed to having added all kinds of messed up spending to those bills. The only people you are going to rile up are the far left. The rest of us know better now. I promise you, this is NOT the hill to die on when even a lot of us on the left are now questioning our own party with the stuff they try to pull 

Wait until Honcho finds out that all the stuff that Stewart did about "health care for 9/11 responders bill" was all theatrics and BS.    There was never a chance that bill wasn't going to pass.    So all Stewart did at that hearing was to get up there to virtue signal.     Made no difference in the outcome.    And yet he gets hero worship for it. . .

• Thanks 1