Sign in to follow this  
Apollo Creed

Remember Kids Fantasy Football is about Value

Try not blowing it this year … let the draft come to you and be prepared for once in your worthless little life. 

you want to win? Right? Well, have a plan and stick to it. 

Does he punch you in the mouth if you eff it up?

One should be ready to change things up once the draft starts.  

The draft is just one important factor to ff, but not the most important, I’ve never won the draft, but have won a lot of money. 

The most important aspect to ff , is being able to revalue a player as the season goes along, the ff teams I see that lose hang onto a player to long based on ones own preseason rankings, and some tend to let go of a player because of a slow start, patience and wisdom wants the season starts is even more important then the draft, and that’s how to make a good living playing ff. Draft qbs, tes, kickers, and def last . The toughest thing for a ff owner is it know when to move on or sign on a player during the season, it’s the difference between winning and losing. 

Learn it, Live it.  Win 

46 minutes ago, cavern said:

most of us play adult fantasy football.  at least I think so

I know the chick from New Orleans and her brother do…he tells her she hot!

bump finley

Fantasy football is 90% luck.  It’s hitting that guy that blows up unexpectedly.  Last year my league winner had Kupp.  The last year I won I drafted Gurley after his disappointment the season prior.  No one wanted to touch Gurley.  

7 minutes ago, joeshushu said:

Fantasy football is 90% luck.  It’s hitting that guy that blows up unexpectedly.

Well which is it?  First you say it's 90% luck, then you say it's all about listening to Axe Elf.

17 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Well which is it?  First you say it's 90% luck, then you say it's all about listening to Axe Elf.

So who’s going to blow up unexpectedly this year? We all expect Henry and Justin Jefferson to ‘blow up’ St. Brown is on most radars. Let’s hear the Elf ‘unexpected’ blow ups…

St. Brown already blew up.  He was one of the Elf's 2021 unexpected blow ups, having drafted him in 33 of 60 leagues.  Most "radars" have him in WR3 territory this season, so if that's what you expect of him, then you can look for an "unexpected" blow up again this year.

Stay tuned to fantasy forums around the world for additional fantasy football hacks from Axe Elf.

1 hour ago, joeshushu said:

Fantasy football is 90% luck.  It’s hitting that guy that blows up unexpectedly.  Last year my league winner had Kupp.  The last year I won I drafted Gurley after his disappointment the season prior.  No one wanted to touch Gurley.  

Agreed.  I think it’s 99% luck.  

47 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

St. Brown already blew up.  He was one of the Elf's 2021 unexpected blow ups, having drafted him in 33 of 60 leagues.  Most "radars" have him in WR3 territory this season, so if that's what you expect of him, then you can look for an "unexpected" blow up again this year.

Stay tuned to fantasy forums around the world for additional fantasy football hacks from Axe Elf.

Still waiting for your 2022 list of ‘unexpected blowups’. Less interested in the two out of fifty ‘blowups’ you predicted correctly in 2021…

2 hours ago, joeshushu said:

yeah, but you can do research and figure out which players are more likely to break out. 

the signs are usually out there somewhere.   either in stat trends (rising)  a great training camp, perhaps a key injury to someone ahead of the player on the depth chart.   sometimes its a combination of them all.

the websites and some of the chatter on the boards will sometimes alert you to them if you are willing to read them and listen.

to that end, I'd argue that some people are more lucky than others.

2 hours ago, jrokh said:

Still waiting for your 2022 list of ‘unexpected blowups’.

I don't believe an actual compilation list has ever been published, but if you read Axe Elf's posts faithfully, you're already up to speed.

48 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

I don't believe an actual compilation list has ever been published, but if you read Axe Elf's posts faithfully, you're already up to speed.

Nope, put it on the record. Not that hard. Only need 3 or 4. Watch I’ll show you how it’s done. 1) George Pickens- WR Steelers, 2) Kadarious Toney- Wr Giants, 3) Kenneth Walker II- RB Seattle, 4) David Njoku- TE Browns. Your turn…

13 minutes ago, jrokh said:

Nope, put it on the record. Not that hard. Only need 3 or 4. Watch I’ll show you how it’s done. 1) George Pickens- WR Steelers, 2) Kadarious Toney- Wr Giants, 3) Kenneth Walker II- RB Seattle, 4) David Njoku- TE Browns. Your turn…

Those are the successful picks?   I'd hate to see the failures....

31 minutes ago, jrokh said:

Nope, put it on the record. 

I did; I was just telling you where you might find the record.

1 hour ago, Ray_T said:

Those are the successful picks?   I'd hate to see the failures....

It’s a list of UNEXPECTED Blowups. Let’s see yours…

well, When Tenessee signed Tanehill to be the backup to Mariota I said hed be starting around midseason.

he ended up starting a bit later... like week 10 or something but I wasnt wrong.  

I'd have to go back to find some posts of mine.   I know last year I liked Aiyuk very publicly but he never really performed until the second half once he got out of Shannys doghouse.

I also very publicly said I liked mixon last year.  though thats not really surprising.  lots liked him going into last year.

I picked up Marquise Brown in my auction league for $2 and cleaned up on that pick, but I dont think I really pumped him up on the board so I dont know that that one counts

I did publicly say Chubba Hubbard looked like crap in preseason, but he performed reasonably well when called upon.  so I wasnt really right there.

a few years back before they brought in Diggs I predicted both Diggs and Allen would light it up.   I noted that John Freakin brown got 1000 yards so bringing in Diggs should be a no brainer... hes far more talented.

I cant think of any more predictions off the top of my head, but I'm sure others here will find some where I botched it.   I am not so arrogant to think that all my predictions will come true.

54 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

well, When Tenessee signed Tanehill to be the backup to Mariota I said hed be starting around midseason.

he ended up starting a bit later... like week 10 or something but I wasnt wrong.  

I'd have to go back to find some posts of mine.   I know last year I liked Aiyuk very publicly but he never really performed until the second half once he got out of Shannys doghouse.

I also very publicly said I liked mixon last year.  though thats not really surprising.  lots liked him going into last year.

I picked up Marquise Brown in my auction league for $2 and cleaned up on that pick, but I dont think I really pumped him up on the board so I dont know that that one counts

I did publicly say Chubba Hubbard looked like crap in preseason, but he performed reasonably well when called upon.  so I wasnt really right there.

a few years back before they brought in Diggs I predicted both Diggs and Allen would light it up.   I noted that John Freakin brown got 1000 yards so bringing in Diggs should be a no brainer... hes far more talented.

I cant think of any more predictions off the top of my head, but I'm sure others here will find some where I botched it.   I am not so arrogant to think that all my predictions will come true.

No, you are misunderstanding, I don't care what you say you predicted last year, or any year in the past. Let's see your list for 2022, BEFORE the season starts. Also, they would need to be UNEXPECTED to be relevant. You took a shot at my list, so again, let's see yours...

10 minutes ago, jrokh said:

No, you are misunderstanding, I don't care what you say you predicted last year, or any year in the past. Let's see your list for 2022, BEFORE the season starts. Also, they would need to be UNEXPECTED to be relevant. You took a shot at my list, so again, let's see yours...

I misunderstood your post.  I thought those were predictions for last year.   Not predictions for this year.

either way, Like you, I am predicting Tony will have a good year this year.   if you look at the july mock you will notice I picked him.

I am also predicting a 50 50 chance that Minshew is the starter in Philly by year end.   Whether that counts as a blow up or not remains to be seen.

I think the giants offense will be better this year.   what I dont know is if the team and their poor coaching and O line has already ruined Danny Dimes as a QB

But I think there is a chance Danny dimes could be an unexpected Blow up too.

They have, the improved coaching and better offensive system but if Danny dimes is already ruined, that may not matter.   

I think Devante Parker, if he can stay healthy in New England will far outperform his ADP.   Hes a guy who could easily jump back into the top 25 WR.

once again I like Aiyuk but if he blew up it wouldnt be totally unexpected for some, so I dont know that he counts.

is that enough predictions for now?

2 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

I misunderstood your post.  I thought those were predictions for last year.   Not predictions for this year.

either way, Like you, I am predicting Tony will have a good year this year.   if you look at the july mock you will notice I picked him.

I am also predicting a 50 50 chance that Minshew is the starter in Philly by year end.   Whether that counts as a blow up or not remains to be seen.

I think the giants offense will be better this year.   what I dont know is if the team and their poor coaching and O line has already ruined Danny Dimes as a QB

They have, the improved coaching and better offensive system but if Danny dimes is already ruined, that may not matter.   

I think Devante Parker, if he can stay healthy in New England will far outperform his ADP.   Hes a guy who could easily jump back into the top 25 WR.

once again I like Aiyuk but if he blew up it wouldnt be totally unexpected for some, so I dont know that he counts.

Not relevant to what I was talking about, but yes I have had enough of this conversation…

25 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

T Taylor will start some games this season.