Sign in to follow this  
OrangeSoda

Who’s wowing at your teams camp.

38 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

I'm pretty sure Lock will win the starting job.   I have always thought that the starting competitions are often a sham.   the coach knows who they want to win the competition.    and oftentimes the decision is made before the camp battle begins.

That said, if Lock cant win the job he doesnt deserve it.   Geno isnt that good.

I agree. I say throw Lock out there even if he doesn't win the job. Drop Smith and use Eason as Locks backup.

If Lock plays great. Resign him, and you got a QB. If he plays only adequate,  Resign him as a backup and draft someone. If he does terrible, you gotta draft your new kid, and also need a backup.

We know what Geno Smith is. A 5/6 win QB. If he plays lights out, best year of his life. 8/9 wins and a 500 club.

Go with Lock. Succeed, or fail miserably. 

4 hours ago, Kopy said:

I agree. I say throw Lock out there even if he doesn't win the job. Drop Smith and use Eason as Locks backup.

If Lock plays great. Resign him, and you got a QB. If he plays only adequate,  Resign him as a backup and draft someone. If he does terrible, you gotta draft your new kid, and also need a backup.

We know what Geno Smith is. A 5/6 win QB. If he plays lights out, best year of his life. 8/9 wins and a 500 club.

Go with Lock. Succeed, or fail miserably. 

well, looking at the scouting report on this guy out of college hes supposed to throw a real nice deep ball.    and Seattle has the WR to take advantage of that skillset.

though the line hasnt been great in recent years.   Wilsons running ability has covered up some of the flaws in this line but they may have turned the corner on that recently.   we shall see. but in theory, if this kid will ever perform at this level, Seattle is likely the best place for him to shine.

I also agree.  you know what you are getting in Geno.  you dont fully know what you are getting in Lock.  he showed flashes of ability but has also been injured a fair bit, so tough to get into a groove if you are not healthy.

I do think Denver may have given up on him too soon but its hard to say for sure.   with no stud QB's for Seattle to draft and other holes in the roster I dont think Lock is a terrible gamble.   they got him in the Wilson deal and used the first to address a need elsewhere.  If Lock doesnt pan out, they have another presumably better first round pick next year they can draft a QB with.   if he does pan out, the team got a starter on the cheap.    so I dont see the move as being that terrible.    either it works and they look good or it doesnt and they tank for a high pick next year.   Both options can be part of a rebuild.     the only fear is that hes like Bridgewater.... good enough to keep them from a high pick but not good enough to get any results.

either way, its a tough division, so even if hes as good as Bridgewater, he may not be good enough to keep them from getting a high pick.

I think the line could be alot better going foward. We were pretty solid at guard. Then we used our 1st on a LT and our 3rd on RT. We also signed a new Center in free agency that Waldren went very hard after. So at least the attempt was made.

• Like 1

Chark and Amon-Ra are clearly Goff's favorite targets and despite every expert hating Goff, he is still going to throw for well over 4,000 yards.  

• Haha 1

On 8/8/2022 at 5:43 AM, Kopy said:

I think the line could be alot better going foward. We were pretty solid at guard. Then we used our 1st on a LT and our 3rd on RT. We also signed a new Center in free agency that Waldren went very hard after. So at least the attempt was made.

agreed.   provided the players are ready.  sometimes it can take up to a year or two before a drafted player is ready to make an impact.

it could be fine, but its a question mark.  we wont know until we get into the season.

KC rb situation isn’t going to be a fun one to have any part of.   

39 minutes ago, jonmx said:

Chark and Amon-Ra are clearly Goff's favorite targets and despite every expert hating Goff, he is still going to throw for well over 4,000 yards.  

If he did, it wouldn’t be his first time.   

18 minutes ago, craftsman said:

I heard that Pacheco dude in KC is looking sharp. 

Good move, you gave up on the Bears.  

5 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Good move, you gave up on the Bears.  

I don't get it. Last I checked fantasy football is about following all teams.  

21 minutes ago, craftsman said:

I don't get it. Last I checked fantasy football is about following all teams.  

You need to check out the title of the tread.  

Thanks

On 8/5/2022 at 9:14 PM, jrokh said:

I already agreed with you on that point. I’m not arguing that at all. I am pushing back against the delusional homer who said he will easily clear 100 receptions AND 1200 yards. Do try and keep up these explanations are tiresome…

At the current pace, Amon-Ra will clear those numbers by week 12.   It wasn't so delusional.  Although he is due for a bad game one of these weeks.  

2 hours ago, jonmx said:

At the current pace, Amon-Ra will clear those numbers by week 12.   It wasn't so delusional.  Although he is due for a bad game one of these weeks.  

Was wondering when you would show up. In part to your enthusiasm, I targeted Amon Ra, and currently am enjoying his hot streak. So thanks and cheers. 🍺🍺

10 hours ago, jrokh said:

Was wondering when you would show up. In part to your enthusiasm, I targeted Amon Ra, and currently am enjoying his hot streak. So thanks and cheers. 🍺🍺

Probably jinx him a bit although he had a decent day.  Just hope is ankle is fine.