TimHauck

Alex Jones admits to defrauding bankruptcy court

7 hours ago, Voltaire said:

Why are you saying that I support the guy? I happen to know that I have never given that impression. I don't have the time or inclination to get worked up all the time of this level of craziness. I never even tune him in.

I only support his right to speak and that's about the extent of it. His getting banned on social media was the first in a wave of bannings and de-platformings that followed, as I worried would happen. They didn't just go after the nutcases like Jones, once they got it in their system, they soon went after everyone.

This right here ^

• Like 1

A lot more people believe in pronouns and that 3 year olds can pick their gender than there are that believe what Jones has to say. One is a bigger issue than the other.  

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Masshole said:

And this:

Sort of undeniable that Alex Jones caused harm in this case. :dunno: 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Masshole said:

And this:

Speech is violence, silence is violence, hulking 25 year old tranny cheerleaders choking out teenagers is not violence.

If your school doesn’t go along with the Biden policy on transgender issues in public schools they’ll cut your funding for school lunch. They’ll Fockin starve ya. 

On 8/2/2022 at 4:24 PM, iam90sbaby said:

Does the board centrist ever post anything about the left he doesn't like? Even one time?

Don't be anti-semitic. 

1 hour ago, MDC said:

I guess so and he'll probably be paying the price for that (literally).   

I am from the camp of "ignore the idiots".   I am not sure what "harm" he did to the victims and their families?   Because he was riffing some BS about it being a false flag operation - that changes and increases the pain of the victims and their families somehow?    I'm not a fan of what he did/said but I also struggle to see the linkage there.    If we can haul people into court every time they say something stupid - then we're going to need a lot more judges and lawyers to keep up with that.  

This is an honest question -  how is what Jones said qualitatively different from the people that say that Malaysian airplane that disappeared was abducted by aliens or sucked into a black hole?    How about the people who say that no Jews showed up for work at the World Trade Centers on 9/11?   The people who say the Clintons murdered Vince Foster?    You could come up with a million different examples like that - I rarely, if ever, see people getting dragged into court over that stuff.    Why Alex Jones and why now?    

4 minutes ago, Masshole said:

I am from the camp of "ignore the idiots".   I am not sure what "harm" he did to the victims and their families?   Because he was riffing some BS about it being a false flag operation - that changes and increases the pain of the victims and their families somehow?   

Did you not read the article? The parents of the kids who were killed say they were harassed and received death threats from Jones’ listeners. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Masshole said:

You say this is "fact" - OK - can you show me the "so many idiots who believed him"?     In a country of 360 million, if there are "so many" as you say is "fact", then what's that mean?   50 million people?   10 million?   5?    Can you point out even just one person who says they believed him about Sandy Hook?    

Parents of children that were murdered received death threats from his listeners for being crisis actors. They clearly believed him. You wanna keep defending this?

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Fnord said:

Parents of children that were murdered received death threats from his listeners for being crisis actors. They clearly believed him. You wanna keep defending this?

Hard to say other than it doesn't pass the "smell test".     If Jones is blowing gas about it being a false flag operation - why would people be harassing the parents of the victims?    What the hell do they have to do with a false flag operation?    Doesn't make a lot of sense.    Sounds like crazy people, if it happened at all.     You actually believe someone called parents of SH victims and said "Hi, I listen to AJ and you suck"?    Does that sound real to you?   

So, I guess this means that we can haul Chuck Schumer into court for his "Kavanaugh - you will reap the whirlwind" statement and hold him responsible for the nutjob that landed at Justice Kavanaugh's house with weapons and intent to kill?    Can we hold Obama responsible for the deaths of 5 Texas cops who were killed by a BLM nutjob after Obama made a bunch of poorly thought out statements about police brutality?    

I think you are missing the point.   I am not defending AJ, I am asking why this, why him, and why not everyone else who is "guilty" of this stuff?   

• Confused 1

10 hours ago, Voltaire said:

Why are you saying that I support the guy? I happen to know that I have never given that impression. I don't have the time or inclination to get worked up all the time of this level of craziness. I never even tune him in.

I only support his right to speak and that's about the extent of it. His getting banned on social media was the first in a wave of bannings and de-platformings that followed, as I worried would happen. They didn't just go after the nutcases like Jones, once they got it in their system, they soon went after everyone.

I still find this issue to be problematic, just a minefield. I understand that the methods of speech have evolved from standing on a stump on the town square to today where with a single app anyone has the potential to reach millions.  But why do you want certain companies and industries to not have the rights they enjoy of deciding what speech they will allow? We've allowed corporations to create PAC's, create content(sometimes bold lies), but they aren't forced to then allow people with opposing views to use their platforms(money) to spread opposite speech.  Companies have the right to not fund certain health-care, discriminate on their religious beliefs, but they aren't allowed to decide that they don't want certain speech to exist on their platforms?  Doesn't make sense to me.

1 hour ago, Masshole said:

Hard to say other than it doesn't pass the "smell test".     If Jones is blowing gas about it being a false flag operation - why would people be harassing the parents of the victims?    What the hell do they have to do with a false flag operation?    Doesn't make a lot of sense.    Sounds like crazy people, if it happened at all.     You actually believe someone called parents of SH victims and said "Hi, I listen to AJ and you suck"?    Does that sound real to you?   

So, I guess this means that we can haul Chuck Schumer into court for his "Kavanaugh - you will reap the whirlwind" statement and hold him responsible for the nutjob that landed at Justice Kavanaugh's house with weapons and intent to kill?    Can we hold Obama responsible for the deaths of 5 Texas cops who were killed by a BLM nutjob after Obama made a bunch of poorly thought out statements about police brutality?    

I think you are missing the point.   I am not defending AJ, I am asking why this, why him, and why not everyone else who is "guilty" of this stuff?   

I really look forward to the day we find the right wing blowhard nut-job that you won't defend.  

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, MDC said:

Like repeating what you saw in a movie?  :dunno:

4 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

Like repeating what you saw in a movie?  :dunno:

I have no idea what this means.

20 hours ago, wiffleball said:

Hope you guys read this. The way the articles presented, it's impossible to cut and paste. But the short version is Alex Jones now admits carefully on the stand at that Sandy Hook was 100% real. I think he's full of s***. I think he's trying to mitigate the judgment at this point.

But the fact that there's so many idiots who believed him? I mean, it just speaks to the nature of our country at this point. God damn. (And I bet they're all Trump fans by the way.) How somebody hasn't killed this m*********** is beyond comprehension.

https://news.yahoo.com/sandy-hook-parents-alex-jones-110653547.html

There were 81 million "people" who thought that Biden was a better option than Trump... you can't believe there was like 10k idiots who believed Alex Jones?

• Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

I really look forward to the day we find the right wing blowhard nut-job that you won't defend.  

I think you've reached your "throw the gun" point of this thread. . .

4 minutes ago, Masshole said:

I think you've reached your "throw the gun" point of this thread. . .

Mass, your smell-test post indicates you don't know much or any of what actually happened in this case, so I'm not going to bother even wasting a bullet with you,  never mind throwing the gun.

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, MDC said:

I have no idea what this means.

The power of suggestion was too great to stop. :dunno:

10 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

The power of suggestion was too great to stop. :dunno:

This POS is really the guy you want to go to bat for? 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

There were 81 million "people" who thought that Biden was a better option than Trump... you can't believe there was like 10k idiots who believed Alex Jones?

agreed

36 minutes ago, MDC said:

This POS is really the guy you want to go to bat for? 

I have no idea what this means.  :dunno:

7 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

I have no idea what this means.  :dunno:

It means that I’m not surprised someone like you would go to bat for a POS like Jones. 

8 minutes ago, MDC said:

It means that I’m not surprised someone like you would go to bat for a POS like Jones. 

And I am not surprised someone like you would think that he is somehow responsible for the actions of others and while coyly denying that other influences are not.

1 minute ago, TimmySmith said:

And I am not surprised someone like you would think that he is somehow responsible for the actions of others and while coyly denying that other influences are not.

The court decided it, jackass. 

4 hours ago, Masshole said:

These are people deranged enough to think Sandy Hook was a false flag. You really think it's a leap for those same fuktards to threaten the parents for being crisis actors in some devious liberal plot to take away their guns? THEY ACTUALLY BELIEVED THESE PEOPLE WERE LYING ABOUT THEIR CHILDREN BEING MURDERED. You get to that point of delusion and basically every type of behavior is acceptable. 

Also, LOL at your smell test. You should be in criminal forensics,  Masstrodamus.

• Thanks 1

There are people that are deranged enough to think kids should take puberty blockers and have surgery to remove body parts. They are a bigger issue than Jones, who is a scumbag and should get his clock cleaned. Derangement isn’t all on one side. But permitting deranged actions is indeed lopsided. 

3 hours ago, Mike Honcho said:

Mass, your smell-test post indicates you don't know much or any of what actually happened in this case, so I'm not going to bother even wasting a bullet with you,  never mind throwing the gun.

/thread

Absolute Dog & Pony Show / Witch Hunt!

In this case justice is deaf, dumb & blurry at best!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

There are people that are deranged enough to think kids should take puberty blockers and have surgery to remove body parts. They are a bigger issue than Jones, who is a scumbag and should get his clock cleaned. Derangement isn’t all on one side. But permitting deranged actions is indeed lopsided. 

Holy whataboutism

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, TimHauck said:

Holy whataboutism

12 hours ago, TimHauck said:

Holy whataboutism

When HT goes off I'm like the guy on the couch watching Belushi.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Fnord said:

These are people deranged enough to think Sandy Hook was a false flag. You really think it's a leap for those same fuktards to threaten the parents for being crisis actors in some devious liberal plot to take away their guns? THEY ACTUALLY BELIEVED THESE PEOPLE WERE LYING ABOUT THEIR CHILDREN BEING MURDERED.

I haven’t really followed the details of the case, but is the claim that they lied, or that they actually died but the government planned it?  Equally dumb of course.

7 minutes ago, TimHauck said:

I haven’t really followed the details of the case, but is the claim that they lied, or that they actually died but the government planned it?  Equally dumb of course.

The former first. Then with when faced with the ridiculously obvious reality of it (years later and under threat of lawsuit), then he claimed that while it was real, but the FBI knew about it ahead of time!

Seriously, have a stroke. Don't die. Just have a massive stroke. What a f***. And anybody dumb enough to listen to this guy? And believe him? And go out of their way to physically threaten the parents of dead children? Oh you can f*** off too.

Love this quote from prosecutor Kyle Farrar.

Speech is free, but you have to pay for your lies.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, MDC said:

Did you not read the article? The parents of the kids who were killed say they were harassed and received death threats from Jones’ listeners. 

Then arrest them?

5 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

Then arrest them?

Hopefully they did. This thread is about the defamation case Alex Jones lost. :thumbsup: 

8 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

Then arrest them?

Okay, so let's try another take. I mean I don't know how the f*** you defend this guy. But let's try another angle anyway. He's not going to prison. Dude made a ton of money making bombastic and clearly fraudulent claims. Claims he now admits were fraudulent. His own staff admitted that they were making money on his b*******. This is all been testified to and proven in court. So, again, this guy is not going to jail for his lies? But he sure s*** shouldn't make any money off of it. And that's what these trials are all about.

So to act if this guy is going to be crucified with corporal punishment because of words he said? Is just b*******.  He made millions. His company made millions. His staff made a bunch of money. And he's even admitted to using bankruptcy laws so he can keep his millions.  This is a civil trial . And it did exactly what it should do.

/Thread