TimHauck

Alex Jones admits to defrauding bankruptcy court

28 minutes ago, Masshole said:

OK, since you seem to know so much more about the case than me - maybe you can educate me.    I've tried to look into it and I was a bit surprised to see how hard it was to find the actual evidence that people were harassing parents, what actually happened, and that it was clear they were doing so as AJ listener/fans.     But you guys are so certain of the things you say about the case - maybe you can point me to where I can see that?     You keep saying "did you read the article?" - I did.   I didn't see where the articles presented any actual evidence of the incidents or direct linkage to AJ. 

Here's what I have found that can be backed up.  Feel free to poke holes in anything I have wrong:

• 2 parents of 1 child and another of a different child have taken AJ to court over this
  • I read there were other parents and other cases but I haven't seen any actual add'l cases referenced that would corroborate that
  • I couldn't find any info about any investigations into the harassment incidents.  I found that odd because I would have thought there would have been significant investigations
  • The only "verification" I can find that the incidents happened was that the parents testified that they happened
  • The "guns fired at their house" incident was one of the parents in the lawsuit said they heard gunfire and that they then heard someone say AJ's name and "Infowars".  I couldn't find anything that said the PD found bullet casings, holes, etc.  Or that there were any other witness who would corroborate that they heard gunfire
  • I couldn't find anywhere where you could see or hear any of the supposed messages that were sent to the parents.   I know phone calls don't get recorded.   
  • While often repeated, especially here, I haven't seen any actual evidence that Jones said that SH "didn't happen"
  • It's been said that AJ doxxed the parents and published their info.   I can't say that didn't happen, I just couldn't find any evidence that it did
  • AJ did say that he thought SH could be a false flag operation to drive gun control measures.   That is where the parents as "crisis actors" thing came from
  • AJ lost his first case because he didn't show up for it and defaulted.        

The disconnect here isn't surprising.   I am skeptical of everything I hear and see - especially if it is coming from our gov't and/or is something that the MSM seems to be lining up behind.   I also question the consistency of the application of defamation cases.    You take gov't and/or MSM lining up behind something as proof that it happened or of their version of what happened.   We couldn't be further apart in that regard.    

AJ is going to pay a lot of fines and I am OK with that.   If you are going to blow gas about an incident where many children were killed - you better have some solid evidence/facts to back that up.  Even then you should probably shut up for a while anyway.   But I think that is more of a "good taste" or "class" type argument - not a legal argument.  And AJ cooked himself anyway when his own communications showed he really didn't believe that stuff anyway. 

If they could find someone who would admit to it or specific provable evidence that someone harassed these parents and they did that at least in part because of what AJ said - then that's a stronger legal case.    But again, does that mean the cop who stopped the girl from stabbing another girl can sue Lebron James for posting his picture to millions of his followers and saying "you're next"?    I struggle with the intellectual consistency that allows that to happen unchecked but wants AJ drawn and quartered for this.       

Is it so outlandish to suppose that the SH parents, grieving and anguished, needed a bad guy to direct their hate and emotions towards?   And with Adam Lanza dead, AJ made himself a convenient target?    Would it be beyond parents who are emotional and angry to push their stories beyond what really happened to ensure that they "get" that bad guy? 

And for the obligatory addendum that seems to be required here:  I don't listen to Infowars, never have.  I don't follow AJ in any way.   I have only heard him once or twice when he did Tim Pool or Joe Rogan's podcasts.   He was energetic and opinionated but I never had any desire to follow him more.    I know it's hard for you to understand that someone could question what is happening while not being a fan of the person that it is happening to.        

Good post. I'm not going to throw myself down a rabbit hole to answer your questions, but when it comes to you wondering about corroborating evidence,  I would trust that the things you're curious about have been presented in court. Our judicial system is far from perfect but I feel like they get it right more often than not.

I actually followed Alex Jones in the mid 2000s, and generally thought he was pretty compelling. Early in his career he did some really interesting investigative reporting on subjects like the Bilderberg group, Bohemian Grove, and some other low-hanging conspiracy tales. But at some point he went from someone trying to expose the shadowy individuals that were trying to control things behind the scenes and went full right-wing huckster wack job. These charges he's facing pretty obviously show he's a societal parasite. 

• Like 1

Seems like everybody here thinks this one $4 million dollar judgment is the end of it. That's ONE set of parents. And, as has been pointed out, doesn't even include punitive damages.

1 minute ago, wiffleball said:

Seems like everybody here thinks this one $4 million dollar judgment is the end of it. That's ONE set of parents. And, as has been pointed out, doesn't even include punitive damages.

Look up one post. 

12 hours ago, Horseman said:

You sure about that? 4 million out of requested 150 from a guy who pulls in 50 million a year. Thats equivalent of a speeding ticket. Hell that dig on Epstein and the Clinton's was worth 4 mill.  Here is what Jones had to say. 

$45m in punitive damages.

Oofff! :D 

1 minute ago, Mike Honcho said:

This thread is going to drop off the front page faster than a lead balloon. 

Well, the case is over and the settlement decided so... yeah... but I suspect it has a few more days to digest and unwind.

26 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

A few Geeks beclowned themselves in this one.

• Like 2

I’m not sure what’s better, Jones needing to pay up or Horseman actually trying to claim that “I could care less” is proper grammar.  Lol what idiots they both are

• Like 3

Soros isn’t a boogeyman, no matter how many times Libtards say he is. He spends all that money for results, and he gets them. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

i opened the thread thinking it was a soccer player.... I think I was just mixing Alexi Lalas, Coby Jones, Alex Morgan into one person because.... soccer.....

should I know who this guy is?

Wait, this tard thinks the sandy hook shootings were a hoax? :lol:

• Like 1

22 hours ago, TimHauck said:

I’m not sure what’s better, Jones needing to pay up or Horseman actually trying to claim that “I could care less” is proper grammar.  Lol what idiots they both are

Oh it's Horseman clowning himself. 

On 8/5/2022 at 11:13 PM, Mike Honcho said:

On 8/5/2022 at 11:40 PM, MDC said:

A few Geeks beclowned themselves in this one.

This is for you two.   For some strange reason I thought of you when I saw it. . .

Why is it that the judges in the cases involving right wing people always have something like this going on in their background?    Just coincidence. . . 

40 minutes ago, Masshole said:

This is for you two.   For some strange reason I thought of you when I saw it. . .

Is there a meme  about interests aligning with defamation case losers who attack the grieving parents of a horrible massacre? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

48 minutes ago, Masshole said:

And they think everyone else is indoctrinated. Perfect. 

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

And they think everyone else is indoctrinated. Perfect. 

In a thread about Alex Jones and his deranged followers.   🤣

• Thanks 2

Turns out, they hired a forensic accountant to determine that this guy, as soon as he saw the case was going badly, started shoveling tens of thousands of dollars into an offshore shell account.

This guy is almost cartoonishly evil.

1 hour ago, Mike Honcho said:

In a thread about Alex Jones and his deranged followers.   🤣

Go ahead and put Sandy hook in the search bar and see my thoughts on the matter. I was slamming Jones for it way before you lemmings were, years ago. You support the new thing. Always.  

15 hours ago, WhiteWonder said:

Wait, this tard thinks the sandy hook shootings were a hoax? :lol:

Not anymore but it took him a few years and/or a lawsuit to get there. It's all quite understandable, you see. He was under a temporary psychosis when he was thinking they were all crisis actors faking their deaths in order to get assault rifles banned. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Voltaire said:

Not anymore but it took him a few years and/or a lawsuit to get there. It's all quite understandable, you see. He was under a temporary psychosis when he was thinking they were all crisis actors faking their deaths in order to get assault rifles banned. 

I dated a girl who dated the shooter years before it happened. 😬

3 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

I dated a girl who dated the shooter years before it happened. 😬

B*******. That little freak never dated anything.

On 8/7/2022 at 1:18 PM, wiffleball said:

On 8/8/2022 at 8:41 AM, Sean Mooney said:

The more troubling thing is apparently Masshole's BS detector doesn't pick up Alex Jones BS. 

I was just looking back at this thread because this summer I tried to do a deeper dive on the Alex Jones/Sandy Hook stuff and I wanted to refresh my memory.   I hadn't seen these posts as you didn't tag me and I had quickly lost interest in AJ and this case and hadn't returned to this thread since August.    But now that I have seen them - wow what a couple of complete frauds you two are.   

My posts were asking for someone, anyone to show me the evidence that AJ said SH "didn't happen" and anything that linked any harassment of the SH parents to AJ.    All I had stated was that there were very few actual harassment incidents of SH parents THAT I COULD FIND and of those only one linked it to AJ.   And even in that one incidence - the "evidence" linking it to AJ was flimsy at best.    

According to the article that you linked and Mooney clapped for like a trained seal:

According to court records, Richards sent voicemail and email threats on or around Jan. 10, 2016, saying things such as “you gonna die, death is coming to you real soon” and “LOOK BEHIND YOU IT IS DEATH.”

Richards was motivated by the belief that the shooting never occurred and a story she saw online on a conspiracy theory website touting the unsubstantiated claim that the incident was a hoax, prosecutors said in court documents.

The article that you linked doesn't even mention AJ or Infowars anywhere in it.   You really think if this nutjob from FL had been anywhere near Infowars before she did this that an NBC News story wouldn't specifically say that?   And again - this nutcase is saying she believed and read that SH "didn't happen".   I still haven't found any evidence that shows AJ ever propounded that view.    So how do you connect this nutcase to AJ?  And note - the evidence that this nutjob was motivated by something she read on a website comes from the prosecutors documents.   No where in the article does it say that the nutcase ever said that.  

I feel bad that we live in a country with awful nutcakes like the one in your story who will say and do terrible things after a tragedy.   But holding AJ responsible for every nutcake who does something terrible after a tragedy that is a major national news story doesn't seem to be consistent to how we have treated those things otherwise.     

Again - AJ should have some accountability for his role in providing some wind in the sails of the SH conspiracy theories.    But a billion dollar judgement?    That's retribution and political and not "justice".      

• Thanks 1

Hey manhole, you might want to put a couple straws up your nose just so you don't suffocate with your head in the sand like that.

7 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

Hey manhole, you might want to put a couple straws up your nose just so you don't suffocate with your head in the sand like that.

Soooo. . .  you got nothing?

Hey manhole, you asked. You could have Google this just as easily as I did. But you don't want to.

"we zeroed in on posted video of Jones telling a caller to his program in January 2015 that in his view, "Sandy Hook is a synthetic completely fake with actors, in my view, manufactured. I couldn’t believe it at first. I knew they had actors there, clearly, but I thought they killed some real kids. And it just shows how bold they are, that they clearly used actors. I mean they even ended up using photos of kids killed in mass shootings here in a fake mass shooting in Turkey -- so yeah, or Pakistan. The sky is now the limit."

We also found that in another episode, in December 2014, Jones called the shootings "a giant hoax."

But Alex Jones could s*** on your chest and scream at you that Sandy Hook was a complete fake and you would just bury your head in the sand and lie and deny. So what's the f****** point you, qanon maga Trump moron? 

See, the problem here is Alex Jones every word is on video and audio. And you got what now?

6 minutes ago, wiffleball said:

Hey manhole, you asked. You could have Google this just as easily as I did. But you don't want to.

"we zeroed in on posted video of Jones telling a caller to his program in January 2015 that in his view, "Sandy Hook is a synthetic completely fake with actors, in my view, manufactured. I couldn’t believe it at first. I knew they had actors there, clearly, but I thought they killed some real kids. And it just shows how bold they are, that they clearly used actors. I mean they even ended up using photos of kids killed in mass shootings here in a fake mass shooting in Turkey -- so yeah, or Pakistan. The sky is now the limit."

We also found that in another episode, in December 2014, Jones called the shootings "a giant hoax."

But Alex Jones could s*** on your chest and scream at you that Sandy Hook was a complete fake and you would just bury your head in the sand and lie and deny. So what's the f****** point you, qanon maga Trump moron? 

See, the problem here is Alex Jones every word is on video and audio. And you got what now?

Link?   Kind of a big tell when you just post edited snippets and no link to what you are drawing from.   

Also - from your own snippet.   Doesn't this supposed AJ quote put to lie the "he said it didn't happen" narrative you peddle?  "I thought they killed some real kids"

Also a big tell when you resort to saying stuff like;  But Alex Jones could s*** on your chest and scream at you that Sandy Hook was a complete fake and you would just bury your head in the sand and lie and deny. So what's the f****** point you, qanon maga Trump moron? 

You may want to get some help - you've got a lot of issues.  

....stupid MFer...

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2016/sep/01/hillary-clinton/hillary-clinton-correct-austins-alex-jones-said-no/

mean, I couldn’t  believe it. I knew they jumped on it, used the crisis, hyped it up. But then I did deep research--and my gosh, it just pretty much didn’t happen."

See, the cool thing about my link? Is it actually has embedded links to Alex Jones own f****** show. 

I guess dude keep your head in the sand. At least that way we don't have to hear you talk. 😁

Your quotes are AJ's response to this question:

from the second hour of Jones’ Jan. 13, 2015 show in which Jones was asked by a caller if he thinks that after Sandy Hook, there’s a "new level of sophistication" to authorities planting "flimsy evidence" on sites that "get everybody talking, going in the wrong direction" after incidents.

Note that this is a discussion of what happened AFTER the incident.   AJ's point, as misguided as it was, was that he thought there was a chance that the gov't was manipulating this story to achieve a political goal (gun control).   AJ's response is kind of disjointed and all over the place and he does seem to flirt with the idea that the whole thing was a hoax.   But he clearly was just riffing and not really thinking through his response. 

The part that you can't seem to get hammered through your thick skull is that I am not defending AJ.  I've never listened to him.  I am questioning the aggressiveness of the prosecution against him in comparison of the many, many examples of other public figures saying things much worse than that which had much worse outcomes (see the DC congressional baseball shootings as one example).    I am also noting that many (all?) of the people who are most vocal about how awful the things AJ supposedly said and did are - are usually trafficking in a lot of bad/mis-info mixed in with the actuals.    Why is the beehive buzzing so hard about AJ?    Because of one bad riff he had on one show?   Or is it because there are people (well, actually a party) that wants you buzzing about this?   And like a good little bee (sheep) - you're game for it.    

You also haven't provided any actual evidence linking the harassment of the SH parents to AJ.   

Alex Jones was the first person banned off of YouTube when they first started banning people. I wouldn't know where to look to find evidence of him saying what he said, only plenty of people saying he'd said that.

I think though he never denied making these claims, what he'd said for himself was that he was under "a temporary psychosis", or some such thing.

I haven't looked too deeply into his case because what he'd said, OK allegedly said, was so off-the-walls awful that I have no sympathy for him, other than two things: one is my general distaste for censorship. I do support his right to free speech, but he has to own it, and this is him being held accountable. Second, this judgment seem like an extraordinary sum that would be impossible to expect a loudmouth podcaster to be able to pay.

4 hours ago, Masshole said:

You also haven't provided any actual evidence linking the harassment of the SH parents to AJ.   

Yeah, but the prosecution did during the trial, and the jury agreed.

We aren’t gonna prove or disprove it in this forum, which is why we have the justice system. It did its job.

I hope Jones loses everything and spends the rest of his life in a van down by the river.