Sign in to follow this  
JustinCharge

Batgirl film will not see the light of day after shooting complete for $100ish million

7 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

You miss the part where I said only the New York Post is really saying that? The Wrap, The Hollywood Reporter, and Variety are not saying that- with studio insiders in the latter publication saying "...the decision was not driven by the quality of the film or the commitment of the filmmakers, but by the desire for the studio’s slate of DC features to be at a blockbuster scale."

Explain the Scooby sequel getting dumped too.

The NY Post is credible. More so than those industry rags. Wake up kid. 

8 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

The NY Post is credible. More so than those industry rags. Wake up kid. 

So you have nothing to counter anything else and your whole argument is just "Well I believe the NY Post."

Honestly, there is no hope for you. 

I have nothing against superhero movies except they seem to account for like 50% of films that come out of Hollywood. How about making an adult drama or political thriller for a change? I just watched The Conversation with Gene Hackman the other day. All I could think was “They don’t make them like this anymore.”

I think the bad reviews for recent ones are because we reached the point of over saturation. There are only so many SHs worth making a movie about. I saw a commercial the other day for a cartoon about Joker’s clown girlfriend. What’s next, a spin-off about Wolverine’s landlord?

You want to watch this crap have at it. I mainly make fun of adults who watch superhero movies because so many of them go all Digby about it.

It’s funny. 😂 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, MDC said:

I have nothing against superhero movies except they seem to account for like 50% of films that come out of Hollywood. How about making an adult drama or political thriller for a change? I just watched The Conversation with Gene Hackman the other day. All I could think was “They don’t make them like this anymore.”

I think the bad reviews for recent ones are because we reached the point of over saturation. There are only so many SHs worth making a movie about. I saw a commercial the other day for a cartoon about Joker’s clown girlfriend. What’s next, a spin-off about Wolverine’s landlord?

You want to watch this crap have at it. I mainly make fun of adults who watch superhero movies because so many of them go all Digby about it.

It’s funny. 😂 

I wish they would go back to making stuff like the erotic thrillers of the 90's- Basic Instinct, Indecent Proposal, Wild Things, etc. 

43 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

You miss the part where I said only the New York Post is really saying that? The Wrap, The Hollywood Reporter, and Variety are not saying that- with studio insiders in the latter publication saying "...the decision was not driven by the quality of the film or the commitment of the filmmakers, but by the desire for the studio’s slate of DC features to be at a blockbuster scale."

Explain the Scooby sequel getting dumped too.

Leave it to a woke school teacher to fail to equate "blockbuster scale" with "quality of the film".  I mean if it's not blockbuster it's got to be something less.  Lolz

• Haha 1

Blockbuster or not, i don't see the perspective to not release this film if it's decent.  Even if it only made 50 million, it would make sense to spend 20 million to get it where it needs to be.

Wouldn't you have to think it's release would damage the franchise?

4 hours ago, Sean Mooney said:

As per usual JustinCharge gets a news story wrong.

Here are the real facts:

- The film was budgeted at 70 million. It got up to 90 million because of COVID protocols and delays.

holy focking shiit

1.  i LITERALLY highlighted the part in the OP where a source said it was over $100 million
2.  i said in the thread title "100ish million" leaving wiggle room.

but you outright lie about what i said and claim i said it was $100 million.

hahahahahaha you are a riot how dumb you are!

These days, I'm surprised we don't have Bat Wing girl. You know where she pulls her ball sack out as far as she possibly can? 

You know those African chicks who put the Frisbee in their lip? I think that should be a new thing for guys. Just put the Frisbee in your ball sack. You could serve appetizers or you know whatever.

And by the way? If you have access to one of them air blowing hand dryers and can do that? Wow. It's a special experience. Especially in the summer.

4 hours ago, MTSkiBum said:

I have liked every movie in the current phase except the spiderman movie and black widow. 

Dr strange 2 was my favorite out of the group but I like how both eternals and thor tried to go in different directions when compared to previous marvel movies. 

Of all the new ones I liked the Eternals.  I wait until they come to Disney+ so by the time I watched it I heard so many bad reviews that I expected much worse.  Dr. Strange was just ok but seeing Jim Halpert was pretty cool.   Will wait on Thor for Dis+.  Shang Chi was meh.  I enjoyed seeing the old Spiderman characters in that movie. 

4 hours ago, MDC said:

What’s next, a spin-off about Wolverine’s landlord?

He definitely doesn’t complain about the rent being late. 

4 hours ago, craftsman said:

What guy watches batgirl in 2022?

Apparently not many. :dunno:

GET WOKE!???

13 hours ago, avoiding injuries said:

Why does this upset liberals. It’s a movie. 

I think it's the spin that certain people like to put on it in order to match their agenda.  Why are certain people on the right so upset, it's a movie?

10 hours ago, Horseman said:

Leave it to a woke school teacher to fail to equate "blockbuster scale" with "quality of the film".  I mean if it's not blockbuster it's got to be something less.  Lolz

You apparently need to go back to school since you can't read or understand what I said. Try reading the articles out there you toolshed.

9 hours ago, JustinCharge said:

holy focking shiit

1.  i LITERALLY highlighted the part in the OP where a source said it was over $100 million
2.  i said in the thread title "100ish million" leaving wiggle room.

but you outright lie about what i said and claim i said it was $100 million.

hahahahahaha you are a riot how dumb you are!

And it wasn't "over 100 million" and your agenda narrative doesn't fit what happened here. Maybe go back to predicting civil war. 

4 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I think it's the spin that certain people like to put on it in order to match their agenda.  Why are certain people on the right so upset, it's a movie?

Exactly. I mean Justin's first sentence was about "A latina playing Batgirl." It's pretty clear what he was going for in posting this. 

10 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

You apparently need to go back to school since you can't read or understand what I said. Try reading the articles out there you toolshed.

I read them. You fell for them because you're a moron. It's something less than blockbuster which means it sucks. THE END. 

42 minutes ago, edjr said:

GET WOKE!???

Take a fraction of a percent hit to your bottom line!???

17 minutes ago, Horseman said:

I read them. You fell for them because you're a moron. It's something less than blockbuster which means it sucks. THE END. 

No. You are just a dolt who still didn't read. THE END

13 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

No. You are just a dolt who still didn't read. THE END

Your definition of "less than blockbuster" doesn't have anything to do with the quality of the film. 🤣

The dumbest things come out of your pie hole and you dont even realize it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, phillybear said:

Black Panther, Captain Marvel, Black Widow. Totally sh!t movies.

I actually thought these were pretty good movies.  Wasn't Black Panther a huge success?  Black Widow did not do as well as other Marvel movies but it certainly wasn't a flop.  Captain Marvel was also a big success.  

11 hours ago, nobody said:

Blockbuster or not, i don't see the perspective to not release this film if it's decent.  Even if it only made 50 million, it would make sense to spend 20 million to get it where it needs to be.

Wouldn't you have to think it's release would damage the franchise?

Probably some sort of accounting / taxation decision.  If they don’t release it (make a single dime) then they can write it off as a loss.  If they release it they’d have to carry it on the books.  

1 hour ago, Horseman said:

Your definition of "less than blockbuster" doesn't have anything to do with the quality of the film. 🤣

Again- the articles explain it. I explained it. You choose to not understand.

The problem is you and you don't even realize it. 

7 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

Probably sim sort of accounting / taxation decision.  If they don’t release it (make a single dime) then they can write it off as a loss.  If they release it they’d have to carry it on the books.  

I wouldn't be surprised if they have some sort of flop insurance as well that covers them to some extent.

8 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

Probably sim sort of accounting / taxation decision.  If they don’t release it (make a single dime) then they can write it off as a loss.  If they release it they’d have to carry it on the books.  

My guess is the movie is so bad that it would not make 50 million dollars and/or turn people off from future bat films.

I would not have wanted to watch the movie before, but now that it is supposedly this bad I kind of want to see it :ninja:

Mystery Science theatre 3000 was popular for a reason.

Just now, MTSkiBum said:

My guess is the movie is so bad that it would not make 50 million dollars and/or turn people off from future bat films.

I would not have wanted to watch the movie before, but now that it is supposedly this bad I kind of want to see it :ninja:

Movies like that end up having a cult following after so many years.  I enjoy a good terrible movie.

Just now, Sean Mooney said:

It's not like the DC movies that have come previously have been really all that good either. 

Thanks for the heads up. I’ll be sure to avoid them.  

17 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

Right there with you! 🍿 

25 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Again- the articles explain it. I explained it. You choose to not understand.

The problem is you and you don't even realize it. 

🤣🤣🤣

1 hour ago, Horseman said:

58 minutes ago, MTSkiBum said:

Of course.

10 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Emojis don't constitute reading. 

They are better, they convey a complete emotion with a single character. That's why they were invented.   But, you're too dumb to realize that.

Just now, Horseman said:

They are better, they convey a complete emotion with a single character. That's why they were invented.   But, you're too dumb to realize that.

They are also used by mental midgets to avoid confronting their own stupidity like you are in this instance. 

Just now, Sean Mooney said:

They are also used by mental midgets to avoid confronting their own stupidity like you are in this instance. 

I'd put my IQ up against a junior high school teacher who has failed at life any day.

6 minutes ago, Horseman said:

I'd put my IQ up against a junior high school teacher who has failed at life any day.

He’s a guidance counselor, just too ashamed to admit it. That’s why he makes up some bullshit story about teaching some days and then “filling in” as a GC some others. Give me a Fockin break. 

2 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I actually thought these were pretty good movies.  Wasn't Black Panther a huge success?  Black Widow did not do as well as other Marvel movies but it certainly wasn't a flop.  Captain Marvel was also a big success.  

Most of the movies are still make money. So I guess you can call them a success.

Speaking to the quality/enjoyability of the movies, they were doing just fine up to and through Guardians of the Galaxy 2. Chugging along, unstoppable. 

I really did not like Spiderman Homecoming. Boring. Just so boring. MJ is an ugly girl. Spiderman was way more fun in Captain America Civil War

Thor Ragnarok was a homerun.

Black Panther: hey, let's get a bunch of black celebrities and have them show up on set. So, has anyone seen the script? Wait, we need a script. Ah, fock it. Roll film.

Avengers Infinity War was a homerun. 

Antman and the Wasp. It was pretty good, not great.

Captain Marvel. Dreck. Brie Larson can't act. Script makes no sense at all. 

Avengers End Game. Home run. 

Spiderman Far From Home. It was pretty good, not great. 

Black Widow. Worst of the Marvel movies I have seen. Even worse than that Ed Norton Hulk movie. Lost a bunch of money. Yeah, I know, China Virus. 

That's as far as I've gotten so far. But the consistency is gone, and I dread going forward with the rest when I find any spare time. Feels like they are hitting .500 at best anymore. 

30 minutes ago, Horseman said:

I'm already way ahead of you on the reading comprehension stuff so you are off to a terrible start.

23 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

He’s a guidance counselor, just too ashamed to admit it. That’s why he makes up some bullshit story about teaching some days and then “filling in” as a GC some others. Give me a Fockin break. 

I explained this to you numerous times. You are just a braindead sack of crap who doesn't get it either. 

1 minute ago, Sean Mooney said:

I'm already way ahead of you on the reading comprehension stuff so you are off to a terrible start.

I could eat alphabet soup and sh!t out a better response than you.  You're the worst poster on the forum when it comes to comprehension.   Hands down.

1 hour ago, MTSkiBum said:

MANOS, HANDS OF FATE!