Sign in to follow this  
JustinCharge

Batgirl film will not see the light of day after shooting complete for $100ish million

7 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

I'm already way ahead of you on the reading comprehension stuff so you are off to a terrible start.

I explained this to you numerous times. You are just a braindead sack of crap who doesn't get it either. 

You made  up a story for you to cover posting here all day while at work then.  But you ain’t both. 

7 minutes ago, Horseman said:

I could eat alphabet soup and sh!t out a better response than you.  You're the worst poster on the forum when it comes to comprehension.   Hands down.

That is not a good start as evidence to your claim. 

2 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

You made  up a story for you to cover posting here all day while at work then.  But you ain’t both. 

No I didn't. I am certified in both areas. You need to stop trying. 

17 hours ago, Sean Mooney said:

Marvel's biggest problem is they built everything up so well leading into Endgame/Infinity War. After that this new phase just has not been compelling in any way and the whole "multiverse" stuff is just kinda boring. Pair that with the pandemic knocking their release schedule all out of whack and the over reliance on TV shows on Disney+ to fill in gaps and it is getting to be too much to keep up with. 

The only film to survive this phase is the Spider-Man movie and that was only really because of how much it relied on fan service. 

smartest post in this thread. 

also the previous spider man movie was one of the worst marvel movies i've seen... Far From Home? 

7 minutes ago, WhiteWonder said:

smartest post in this thread. 

also the previous spider man movie was one of the worst marvel movies i've seen... Far From Home? 

There is a number of posts in here by Horseman and HT...not hard to be on the upper end when that slop is filling up the thread. 

11 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

I don’t care about your certification. You aren’t leaving your class to go work in the guidance counselors office a few times a week. Nope, not happening. And trust me, no one believes you do. 

“Hey Mooney, you post here a lot while you’re supposed to be teaching a class” 

Mooney- uh, uh, I fill in at the guidance counselors office a couple of times a week.  It’s slow. Yeah, that’s the ticket! 

9 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I don’t care about your certification. You aren’t leaving your class to go work in the guidance counselors office a few times a week. Nope, not happening. And trust me, no one believes you do. 

I don't care if you believe me. 

No one else cares about this as deeply as you seem to.

Also, you (of course) shape what I said differently than how I actually said it. Do you get off on misrepresenting the facts?

15 hours ago, Sean Mooney said:

I wish they would go back to making stuff like the erotic thrillers of the 90's- Basic Instinct, Indecent Proposal, Wild Things, etc. 

Actually, I didn't watch those movies - I made my own.  Me and your mom.

Your Mom's Basic Instinct

Your Mom's Indecent Proposal

Your Mom's a Wild Thing

46 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Yeah, you're certifiably nuts and retarded.  All of us already knew that.  :lol:

Man, spending $100 million and then dumping the film completely is rough...

3 minutes ago, EternalShinyAndChrome said:

Actually, I didn't watch those movies - I made my own.  Me and your mom.

Your Mom's Basic Instinct

Your Mom's Indecent Proposal

Your Mom's a Wild Thing

Well I'm glad the 11 year old you have writing jokes for you was able to get some work. 

Appropos of nothing, but certainly not worth its own thread. I love that some of these woke idiots who came out and changed their pronouns are changing them back now. And I swear to god, it's because nobody could understand what the f*** articles meant when they kept referring to one person as they or them. Pronouns exist for a reason. And the radical woke far left? Had its moment and crapped out badly.

Somebody's going to make a fortune in gender re-re-assignment surgery.

2 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

“Hey Mooney, you post here a lot while you’re supposed to be teaching a class” 

Mooney- uh, uh, I fill in at the guidance counselors office a couple of times a week.  It’s slow. Yeah, that’s the ticket! 

Better or Worse:   Tranny story time in schools or Mooney Guidance Councilor?

Poor kids.

1 minute ago, Horseman said:

Poor kids.

Now he claims I misrepresented what he said.  He said he fills in at the GC office instead of teaching his class.  Pretty cut and dry to me. 

3 minutes ago, Horseman said:

Poor kids.

Guidance counselors are a joke. Even the teachers look down on them. 

7 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I think it's the spin that certain people like to put on it in order to match their agenda.  Why are certain people on the right so upset, it's a movie?

The only person that I see who's upset in this thread is the "centrist".  Not sure why you see a person on the right, who's pointing out a failure of a leftist agenda, as being "upset". :dunno:

2 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

The only person that I see who's upset in this thread is the "centrist".  Not sure why you see a person on the right, who's pointing out a failure of a leftist agenda, as being "upset". :dunno:

I didn't see the leftist agenda though.  It's seems a bit forced in this story and that's the part that bothers me.  Why does everything need some kind of political spin?

21 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Now he claims I misrepresented what he said.  He said he fills in at the GC office instead of teaching his class.  Pretty cut and dry to me. 

That isn't what I said. Again- I can't imagine what you get out of being wrong so often.

• Haha 1

I'll rewatch The Revenge of the Nerds or Uncle Buck for like the 5th time before I would ever watch any of this woke crap.

17 hours ago, nobody said:

Blockbuster or not, i don't see the perspective to not release this film if it's decent.  Even if it only made 50 million, it would make sense to spend 20 million to get it where it needs to be.

Wouldn't you have to think it's release would damage the franchise?

Its cheaper to write off the loss.  The new company that inherited this wants a better bottom line

2 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Its cheaper to write off the loss.  The new company that inherited this wants a better bottom line

One of the points that I made in my initial post that the Dolt Patrol skipped over was that Discovery is cutting everything. So yes- it is a bottom line move. 

They cut their losses on the movie that tested horribly. I guess if it tested great they still would have done it.   Too funny.  

1 minute ago, Sean Mooney said:

One of the points that I made in my initial post that the Dolt Patrol skipped over was that Discovery is cutting everything. So yes- it is a bottom line move. 

Retards will cheer everything go woke go broke.  Its amazing how dumb they are

13 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

That isn't what I said. Again- I can't imagine what you get out of being wrong so often.

Oh, then clear it up little miss understood. 

1 minute ago, GutterBoy said:

Right. And if you read Justin's post the first sentence underlines the point he is trying to make. 

1 minute ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Oh, then clear it up little miss understood. 

I explained it to you 3 times already when I first mentioned it and you still don't get it. Why would a 4th time clear it up?

2 minutes ago, GutterBoy said:

Same crew that was saying the NFL is in trouble a few years ago. 😂 

1 minute ago, MDC said:

Same crew that was saying the NFL is in trouble a few years ago. 😂 

The NFL wised up. These other woke entertainment companies would be wise to do the same. 

23 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I didn't see the leftist agenda though.  It's seems a bit forced in this story and that's the part that bothers me.  Why does everything need some kind of political spin?

Well, I think it's pretty obvious that Marvel / Disney are all about identity politics and clearly use everything they do to push it.  Supposedly, whenever white people take on non-white roles, this is categorized as cultural appropriation... but when the historical role is white, then it's ok if any non-white person assumes that role.  Hence, a Hispanic woman placed in the role of Bat Woman.  Now, I'm no authority on comic books, but I'm pretty confident that Batwoman was white.

4 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Right. And if you read Justin's post the first sentence underlines the point he is trying to make. 

I explained it to you 3 times already when I first mentioned it and you still don't get it. Why would a 4th time clear it up?

Try me, dodger. But you won’t. I’m right 

Just now, TBayXXXVII said:

Well, I think it's pretty obvious that Marvel / Disney are all about identity politics and clearly use everything they do to push it.  Supposedly, whenever white people take on non-white roles, this is categorized as cultural appropriation... but when the historical role is white, then it's ok if any non-white person assumes that role.  Hence, a Hispanic woman placed in the role of Bat Woman.  Now, I'm no authority on comic books, but I'm pretty confident that Batwoman was white.

Having a Hispanic lead wouldn’t qualify as woke to me. What was the movie about? Did they stick in woke stuff? 

1 minute ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I'm assuming you know Batgirl is a DC property and not with Marvel/Disney.

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

Try me, dodger. But you won’t. I’m right 

Again- I explained it 3 times before. You aren't right and a 4th explanation won't drive it through the concrete you call a skull. 

I still don't see it as the major issue.  It certainly doesn't look to be as big of an issue as some here try to make it out to be.

1 minute ago, Sean Mooney said:

I'm assuming you know Batgirl is a DC property and not with Marvel/Disney.

"Now, I'm no authority on comic books, but I'm pretty confident that Batwoman was white."

Just now, Hawkeye21 said:

I still don't see it as the major issue.  It certainly doesn't look to be as big of an issue as some here try to make it out to be.

The only people making it a big issue are the "centrists".

3 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Having a Hispanic lead wouldn’t qualify as woke to me. What was the movie about? Did they stick in woke stuff? 

I was simply pointing out that the people "complaining" aren't the ones on the right.  Also, as I pointed out, liberals see white people in traditionally non-white roles is cultural appropriation.  So, if Batwoman is white and a non-white person is playing the role, then this kind of cultural appropriation is acceptable.  Hence, it's woke.

The only people making it a big issue are the "centrists".

Like I said before, I commented on it because some people here try to make it something it's not.  That's what the "big deal" is.  It's not the movie itself, it's how certain people try to make everything political.  From what I've read about this movie it doesn't look like it has anything to do with being woke or anything else political, yet he made a point to say the character was played by a Hispanic women.