Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Imagine if they had a female only MMA?

@Horseman  I appreciate the passion for someone that is clearly wrong 😛 

5 minutes ago, posty said:

Couldn't pay me enough to watch any MMA matches, male or female...

Agreed 

2 minutes ago, edjr said:

@Horseman  I appreciate the passion for someone that is clearly wrong 😛 

On a normal card I prefer the women's matches, they are easier to handicap.  Still not as exciting as the top notch men's fights when they are evenly matched though. 

I'm a casual fan; I don't mind a woman's bout mixed in but I wouldn't bother with an all-female card.  They are way slower and lack the knockout power of men.  But, I appreciate the athleticism and willingness to get bloody so I'll enjoy an occasional match.  :cheers:

8 minutes ago, jerryskids said:

I'm a casual fan; I don't mind a woman's bout mixed in but I wouldn't bother with an all-female card.  They are way slower and lack the knockout power of men.  But, I appreciate the athleticism and willingness to get bloody so I'll enjoy an occasional match.  :cheers:

INFERIOR talent are the words you seek.

2 hours ago, edjr said:

I can't stand watching the women. They are horrible and not that good. far inferior product. It would fail. 

Women title fight are main card PPV ufc events. Huge difference.  

9 minutes ago, shorepatrol said:

Women title fight are main card PPV ufc events. Huge difference.  

INFERIOR

7 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

I miss GLOW!

I painted the ceiling many times. I used to record those on VCR  :wub:

• Like 1

Imagine people watching what they like and other minding their own business.

5 hours ago, posty said:

Couldn't pay me enough to watch any MMA matches, male or female...

They could have the camel toe division and the moose knuckle divisions. I’d watch that sh!t.  

9 hours ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I think the women's MMA would be more successful.  I think guys are still willing to watch those women compete.  I know I'd rather watch it than the WNBA.

Maybe once or twice watch it, but seriously women's MMA? I can't imagine even stopping on it if I'm scrolling through channels late night on Hulu. 

I think women fighters generally suck when compared to men.  The lower tier women really suck.  And the elite ones aren't as skilled nor move like people make you believe.  

Amanda Nunes is like the GOAT woman fighter basically.  She can hit hard.  But she has a terrible gas tank and really isn't all that technical striking.  The 1st fight with Pena looked like a bum fight for a portion.  Just standing there doing rockem sockem robots.  

Some women just brawl or do the same strike combination over and over.  They can look ok hitting a bag but they seem to have much harder time translating technical striking over to a real fight when someone is punching back.  

That said I don't mind them on cards here and there.  Anyone in a fight no matter skill level is always at least mildly entertaining.    If they did away with womens mma I wouldn't care either.  

I would like shevchenko nunes to fight again.   They are the 2 best out there.  I do like thug rose.  That is about the list.  

It is basically like any other women's sports.  

On 8/3/2022 at 8:37 AM, Hawkeye21 said:

Still better than the WNBA

Fact.

Not that I watch any MMA, but it still has to be a fact that it's gotta better than the horse league of misfit gender wimmens, right? 

On 8/3/2022 at 8:25 AM, edjr said:

It would do as well as the WNBA

Women don't watch nor do they give a sh1t. When will the wokies learn?

We sure  as heck don't need them playing off as football announcers/analysts. I've gone to turning down the volume-they are such "staters of the obvious" and don't know when to stop talking. Vin Scully once said what makes a great  announcer is when to not speak-sports has those special moments.

20 hours ago, huskyhater75 said:

We sure  as heck don't need them playing off as football announcers/analysts. I've gone to turning down the volume-they are such "staters of the obvious" and don't know when to stop talking. Vin Scully once said what makes a great  announcer is when to not speak-sports has those special moments.

Brutal absolutely brutal. I blame Wokespn. Their progressive bullchit has ruined everything. Jess Mendoza was so bad. She still is. I can't listen to her. She makes ARod sound intelligent

31 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

Maybe Dana's getting ready to join...

I thought he was just promoting his new power slap league

2 minutes ago, listen2me 23 said:

I thought he was just promoting his new power slap league

I have no problem with this. Should have hit her harder and then shot her in the back of the head while she lay on the ground

On 8/3/2022 at 11:45 PM, edjr said:

Why isn't there a card with all women and 1 male fight?  

They only do that with swimming competitions.