Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Imagine if they had a female only MMA?

Recommended Posts

It would do as well as the WNBA

Women don't watch nor do they give a sh1t. When will the wokies learn?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, edjr said:

It would do as well as the WNBA

Women don't watch nor do they give a sh1t. When will the wokies learn?

I think the women's MMA would be more successful.  I think guys are still willing to watch those women compete.  I know I'd rather watch it than the WNBA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

I think the women's MMA would be more successful.  I think guys are still willing to watch those women compete.  I know I'd rather watch it than the WNBA.

I can't stand watching the women. They are horrible and not that good. far inferior product. It would fail. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, edjr said:

I can't stand watching the women. They are horrible and not that good. far inferior product. It would fail. 

Still better than the WNBA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Huh?   There are women fights on every UFC card.  The Women's Bantam Weight championship was the Main Event this past weekend for UFC 277 pay per view.

This is like saying "There should be a women's only Wimbledon!".  The only way it makes sense is if you assume MMA isn't co-ed already.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Horseman said:

Huh?   There are women fights on every UFC card.  The Women's Bantam Weight championship was the Main Event this past weekend for UFC 277 pay per view.

This is like saying "There should be a women's only Wimbledon!".  The only way it makes sense is if you assume MMA isn't co-ed already.

 

one fight out of how many :lol:    

We watch cause we have no choice. stop 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Hawkeye21 said:

Still better than the WNBA

100%

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, edjr said:

I can't stand watching the women. They are horrible and not that good. far inferior product. It would fail. 

Not true.  Top men's fight going to be better than the top women's fight, probably.  But, watching the top women fight is a lot better than a lot of the fights on the men's undercard.  I'll say it again, Women's Bantamweight Championship was the Main Event just this last weekend for UFC 277 pay per view.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, edjr said:

It would do as well as the WNBA

Women don't watch nor do they give a sh1t. When will the wokies learn?

I enjoy the women’s bouts for a number of reasons, most importantly that they are extremely aggressive.  There was a really boring Namajunas bout recently but that was an outlier.  Those women are aggressive and the fights are almost always really competitive.

And how do you not love seeing a woman get the living sh*t slapped out of her?

How do you not love seeing the mixture of blood and sweat trickling into cleavage?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MLCKAA said:

I enjoy the women’s bouts for a number of reasons, most importantly that they are extremely aggressive.  There was a really boring Namajunas bout recently but that was an outlier.  Those women are aggressive and the fights are almost always really competitive.

And how do you not love seeing a woman get the living sh*t slapped out of her?

How do you not love seeing the mixture of blood and sweat trickling into cleavage?

inferior product. Sham

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Horseman said:

Not true.  Top men's fight going to be better than the top women's fight, probably.  But, watching the top women fight is a lot better than a lot of the fights on the men's undercard.  I'll say it again, Women's Bantamweight Championship was the Main Event just this last weekend for UFC 277 pay per view.

Yeah, and I'd never pay money for that.  Currently, there are maybe 3 women I care about watching fight.  Valentina Shevchenko is the only one I can think of off the top of my head.  Ed's right.  They're nowhere near as good as the men and quite often their fights are boring as hell. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, edjr said:

one fight out of how many :lol:    

We watch cause we have no choice. stop 

You didn't have to pay for the pay per view if you didn't want.  Trust me, they know what sells and if it didn't it wouldn't headline the PPV.  Your opinion is in the vast minority.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Strike said:

Yeah, and I'd never pay money for that.  Currently, there are maybe 3 women I care about watching fight.  Valentina Shevchenko is the only one I can think of off the top of my head.  Ed's right.  They're nowhere near as good as the men and quite often their fights are boring as hell. 

Nailed it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Horseman said:

You didn't have to pay for the pay per view if you didn't want.  Trust me, they know what sells and if it didn't it wouldn't headline the PPV.  Your opinion is in the vast minority.  

Why isn't there a card with all women and 1 male fight?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Strike said:

Yeah, and I'd never pay money for that.  Currently, there are maybe 3 women I care about watching fight.  Valentina Shevchenko is the only one I can think of off the top of my head.  Ed's right.  They're nowhere near as good as the men and quite often their fights are boring as hell. 

The fact that the top women's fights continue to get main event status proves your and Ed's opinion is the minority and wrong.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Horseman said:

The fact that the top women's fights continue to get main event status proves your and Ed's opinion is the minority and wrong.   

Why isnt there an all female card?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, edjr said:

Why isnt there an all female card?  

Probably because they don't need to.  Why do that when you can have both and get the best viewership.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, edjr said:

Why isn't there a card with all women and 1 male fight?  

Numbers.

There are 8 men's divisions and 4 women's.  That's both because there are more male fighters AND males have a wider range of weights.

This isn't an argument that men aren't better fighters, they are.  Its that your stance that women suck and no one watches them is false.  Those are two different things. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Horseman said:

The fact that the top women's fights continue to get main event status proves your and Ed's opinion is the minority and wrong.   

No.  We watch the other 10 fights on those cards.  We GRUDGINGLY watch the women's fights, unless it's the few good women's fighters.  And Amanda Nunes is a good woman's fighter.  The problem is, in most cases, even when the good women's fighter's fight their opponents are sh*t.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Horseman said:

Numbers.

There are 8 men's divisions and 4 women's.  That's both because there are more male fighters AND males have a wider range of weights.

This isn't an argument that men aren't better fighters, they are.  Its that your stance that women suck and no one watches them is false.  Those are two different things. 

Invicta FC fights in 3500 person venues, on streaming platforms.  If the women were so great Invicta would be up there with UFC.  They're not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Strike said:

No.  We watch the other 10 fights on those cards.  We GRUDGINGLY watch the women's fights, unless it's the few good women's fighters.  And Amanda Nunes is a good woman's fighter.  The problem is, in most cases, even when the good women's fighter's fight their opponents are sh*t.

Amanda Nudes lost to Pena last time and had to go the distance to get her belt back.  At least come into the argument educated.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Strike said:

Invicta FC fights in 3500 person venues, on streaming platforms.  If the women were so great Invicta would be up there with UFC.  They're not.

No.  Women who excel in Invicta hope they are good enough to get a contract with the UFC and start at the bottom.  It's a completely different level of talent.

That's like saying minor league baseball would be as popular as the MLB if people just liked minor league players the same.  It's nonsensical.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

MMA in general is garbage but I think all female MMA would be more successful than WNBA. probably a lot of meatheads/hicks who would tune in to watch women fight each other. 

i doubt most male basketball fans care enough about the sport to watch it in all forms including WNBA. I know cruzer loves his ladies golf and I admit, their swings are generally gorgeous... but I can't sit down and watch much of it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Horseman said:

Amanda Nudes lost to Pena last time and had to go the distance to get her belt back.  At least come into the argument educated.  

I am educated.  If you watched that fight last weekend Pena was not competitive.  Just because she didn't get submitted or knocked out didn't make it a competitive fight.  It was a boring, 25 minute fight where Nunes dominated.  The scores were 50–45, 50–44, 50–43.  She had multiple 10-8 rounds. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Strike said:

I am educated.  If you watched that fight last weekend Pena was not competitive.  Just because she didn't get submitted or knocked out didn't make it a competitive fight.  It was a boring, 25 minute fight where Nunes dominated.  The scores were 50–45, 50–44, 50–43.  She had multiple 10-8 rounds. 

Nunes said she wanted to inflict pain and didn't finish her. 

if i had time I'd find the PPV numbers, but hard with ESPN +

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, edjr said:

Nunes said she wanted to inflict pain and didn't finish her. 

if i had time I'd find the PPV numbers, but hard with ESPN +

 

For almost all PPV's where a woman is the main event, they schedule a second title fight on the same card as the co-main, as happened last weekend. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Strike said:

I am educated.  If you watched that fight last weekend Pena was not competitive.  Just because she didn't get submitted or knocked out didn't make it a competitive fight.  It was a boring, 25 minute fight where Nunes dominated.  The scores were 50–45, 50–44, 50–43.  She had multiple 10-8 rounds. 

Yet she got the TKO last time.  Hmmm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Strike said:

For almost all PPV's where a woman is the main event, they schedule a second title fight on the same card as the co-main, as happened last weekend. 

🤣  There is always a co-main.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Strike said:

I am educated.  If you watched that fight last weekend Pena was not competitive.  Just because she didn't get submitted or knocked out didn't make it a competitive fight.  It was a boring, 25 minute fight where Nunes dominated.  The scores were 50–45, 50–44, 50–43.  She had multiple 10-8 rounds. 

If true, pretty dumb decision on her part. She was on crutches and looked pretty bad after the fight.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Horseman said:

🤣  There is always a co-main.

It's not always a title fight.  Try reading the post and comprehending it instead of looking for that "gotcha" moment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Strike said:

It's not always a title fight.  Try reading the post and comprehending it instead of looking for that "gotcha" moment.

You still fall flat.  Whether it's a second championship fight or a fight for the #1 contender it doesn't have anything to do with women in the main card.  🤣  If the women's fight isn't good enough for the main draw it moves to the co-main.  JFC 🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Strike said:

It's not always a title fight.  Try reading the post and comprehending it instead of looking for that "gotcha" moment.

And hey dummy, Moreno vs. Kara-France wasn't for an uncontested belt.  It was for Moreno to be the interim champ because of Figueiredo injuries.  Same thing as a #1 contender until the champ heals.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why don’t they just start a womens mud wrestling league? They’d get paid a ton and there would be a ton of viewership 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

No one wants to watch inferior athletes that's why

:first: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let me know when the all womens card is.  Thanks!

WWE tried it and it failed miserably. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, edjr said:

I can't stand watching the women. 

:dunno:

3 minutes ago, edjr said:

Let me know when the all womens card is.  Thanks!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Horseman said:

:dunno:

 

at least in WWE they are cute. Who wants to watch those beasts make themselves uglier. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×