Sign in to follow this  
JustinCharge

DeSantis *already* looking milquetoast vs Trump re: Pelosi in Taiwan

As I said, I expect Trump would be the nominee (if humanity gets that far somehow) and the big reason is exactly what is happening now.  

Go back to the 2016 election.  17 republicans vs Trump.  When a controversial event happened, Trump would always be the first GOP candidate to take a clear stand on the issue.  The other 17 republicans would either criticize Trump, agree with him quietly like a lapdog, or hide from the issue altogether.  Voters SEE that.  That pushed them towards Trump.

Here we are.  Trump and DeSantis are the 2 big names for the 2024 GOP nomination.  Pelosi goes to Taiwan in a controversial move.  Trump is first out of the gate criticizing her.  Where is DeSantis?  He's already screwed on the issue.  If DeSantis makes a comment in agreement with Trump, then he looks like Trump's lapdog.  If he criticizes Trump, he looks like a wimp afraid to criticize democrats.  And if he says nothing, he looks like a loser.

Trump already is beating DeSantis like a drum.  

https://nypost.com/2022/08/02/trump-rips-pelosi-over-taiwan-trip-always-causing-trouble/

Trump rips Pelosi over trip to Taiwan: ‘Always causing trouble’

By 

Callie Patteson

August 2, 2022 5:24pm 

Updated

Breaking from dozens of his fellow Republicans, former President Donald Trump criticized House Speaker Nancy Pelosi Tuesday for her decision to visit Taiwan as China threatened a military response.

“Why is Crazy Nancy Pelosi in Taiwan,” Trump wrote on his Truth Social platform. 

“Always causing trouble. Nothing she does turns out well (Two failed Impeachments, loss of House, etc.). WATCH!” he added. 

Failed impeachments?

His fat, orange ass got impeached twice.

• Sad 2

My guess is that DeSantis will say nothing, and nobody but you will notice or care.  :dunno: 

Besides, what would he say in response to those comments?  They sound like an angry tween girl wrote them.  

• Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, Pimpadeaux said:

Failed impeachments?

His fat, orange ass got impeached twice.

I think he was talking about what actually matters. Impeachments mean nothing if the the person isn't kicked out of office. The liberals work really really hard at defamation of character, but the smart people see through that gimmicky evil ploy every day.

Like Trump, I don’t care about his personality. I care what he does. 

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Brad GLuckman said:

He's not even running yet. I don't see why a governor would comment on foreign policy affairs.

he may not be running, but setting a first impression is HUGELY important.  the first impression he will set by not commenting is that he is "not ready".  he is incapable of an articulated response.  NOT a good look.  he has to get out there and at least LOOK like the leader of the party.

i cannot think of a single candidate that was passive at first and then suddenly morphed into this leader ready to take charge.  you either got it or you dont.  Trump would run over DeSantis like a mack truck.

17 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Like Trump, I don’t care about his personality. I care what he does. 

and by not commenting, it looks like what DeSantis will do is not stand up on issues.  it undercuts his work as Florida governor.  

If I were DeSantis, I wouldn't run for president. I would stay at home in my cushy income tax free state enjoying life while I give the middle finger to all the blue states on a daily basis. I may even build a wall around the borders and screen people upon requested entry. 

• Like 1

Just now, craftsman said:

If I were DeSantis, I wouldn't run for president. I would stay at home in my cushy income tax free state enjoying life while I give the middle finger to all the blue states on a daily basis. I may even build a wall around the borders and screen people upon requested entry. 

x474859383738

46 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

and by not commenting, it looks like what DeSantis will do is not stand up on issues.  it undercuts his work as Florida governor.  

You must've missed the news today 

Andrew Yang 2024 

8 minutes ago, iam90sbaby said:

You must've missed the news today 

and what was the news today?

1 minute ago, -Vyse- said:

Andrew Yang 2024 

"Centrists" / Third party reps will always go left.  They're afraid to be cancelled.  No thanks on Yang.

36 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

and what was the news today?

He nuked the Florida Keys. Now you got me doing it. 

42 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

"Centrists" / Third party reps will always go left.  They're afraid to be cancelled.  No thanks on Yang.

I like him personally. I know others don’t and that’s fine. I’m not the type that gets pissy if somebody has a different political view than me

2 hours ago, JustinCharge said:

he may not be running, but setting a first impression is HUGELY important.  the first impression he will set by not commenting is that he is "not ready".  he is incapable of an articulated response.  NOT a good look.  he has to get out there and at least LOOK like the leader of the party.

i cannot think of a single candidate that was passive at first and then suddenly morphed into this leader ready to take charge.  you either got it or you dont.  Trump would run over DeSantis like a mack truck.

You are certifiable.  What exactly is an "articulated response"?  Something like Trump's Veruca Salt-esque "Pelosi SUCKS!!! Again$#@!  WINNNNIIIINNNGGGGGG #@!#@!$#$#@!" :dunno: 

8 hours ago, -Vyse- said:

I like him personally. I know others don’t and that’s fine. I’m not the type that gets pissy if somebody has a different political view than me

I'm fine if I disagree with him, but in the end, all of his policies are going always move further and further left.  No thanks.

9 hours ago, TBayXXXVII said:

I'm fine if I disagree with him, but in the end, all of his policies are going always move further and further left.  No thanks.

And he's Asian 

18 hours ago, JustinCharge said:

I don't disagree with you that Trump will defeat DeSantis but that's because his followers are  loyal and DeSantis has to split the rest of the field with 10 candidates. It has nothing to do with DeSantis commenting on one topic that you have decided was THE topic he must comment on.

DeSantis is willing to do stuff and piss off the media and the left and owns the responsibility for it. Being the furthest thing from milquetoast is what makes him so popular. The dude's a governor not a federal lawmaker, it's not his place to comment on every issue that comes along on foreign affairs, he doesn't adjudicate it, he runs his state.