Sign in to follow this  
gitrdun

Keeper in the flex position for ppr league

1 hour ago, gitrdun said:

Keenan Allen

Cam Akers

Tee Higgens

I like Akers but he had a bad injury and didnt look great when he played late last year.

Keenan Allen is awesome but hes older.  he had a multitude of injuries early in his career but has been fairly reliable of late.

Tee Higgins is only beginning to touch his potential.  hes the #2 but in reality hes like a 1A WR

as this is a keeper league, Higgins likely is the better long term play.  Allen may only be a keeper for another year or possibly 2.  hes getting to that age so I think I'd take Higgins.

I would agree with Higgins. 

Higgins 

For one year I’ll go with Keenan Allen in ppr.

Normally I'd say Higgins. Yes Allen's getting older and injuries could factor but when he's in he gets a boatload of targets. Higgins is unquestionable the #2 guy but I.got a hunch.about Cam Akers thi s year. I believe he could finish top 10 in the rb class. Yeah I get it, naysayers say no way coming back off an Achilles tear. Couple of things though. He came back.way earlier.than expected from the Achilles tear to play in the playoffs. That's.got to count coming back that soon tells me he has a good work ethic. He's got talent and will be the undisputed #1rb in L.A. Another.thing too that.could work in his favor is that.Matt Staffords.dealing with some elbow issues in his throwing arm. Not good for a QB so that also tells me the Rams are gonna run the ball alot to help Staffor's elbow problem. He'll see.alot of dumpoffs.and screens so Stafford's not slinging the ball around the yard alot. I.think easily he get 20+ carries a game and he's gonna put up good numbers. He hasn't been my #1rb in drafts but he's on several of my rosters as.my #2rb. I'll say it now and you can bash me but he's gonna finish top 10 this year. My hunches usually pay off and you should consider him.

For one season, Keenan Allen

Allen has been virtually a lock for 100/1100/6 each of the last 4 years.  I'll stick with consistency.  He's also a lock for like 140+ targets.

I do think the Bengals offense will be better, but oddly, they don't throw more than the Chargers.  Last year, the Chargers ran like 80 more plays and had about 125 more pass attempts than Cincinnati. Also, the Bengals have Tyler Boyd too, who will get a big chunk of targets.  That kind of player doesn't exist in LA.

On 8/3/2022 at 4:25 PM, gitrdun said:

Keenan Allen

Cam Akers

Tee Higgens

if these are your options for flex keeper who are your other keepers? 

cam is a ?

tee is young and unpredictable

allen you know what your getting, a wr1/2.

Akers is a swing for the fences and has the highest ceiling.  Higgins may have some blow-up games but will probably be inconsistent as the #2 WR on the Bengals.  Allen is a "sure thing" until he isn't - is this the year he falls down the depth chart or get's injured?  Even if he gives you his usual solid production, that will probably just keep you competitive rather then give you a weekly knock-out punch.  Championships usually go to those who make bold decisions that turn out to be correct.

48 minutes ago, Showboat said:

Championships usually go to those who make bold decisions that turn out to be correct.

True, but it doesn't hurt to check with Axe Elf first, just to be sure you're not doing something stupid.

Last season ppr Allen avg 16 points per game, and Higgins with Boyd on the team avg 15:7.  

I think J Palmer will be a bigger factor this season with the Chargers, and M Williams will put produce Allen. 

I would without hesitation take Higgins. 

With Akers there is just to many variables that I don’t like about him this season, one is his lack of quality performance when he did return last season, two Henderson is still on the team, three how tough is Akers , he seems like a player that won’t play with nagging injuries. 

OP it’s pretty simple , the Higgins is the right move. 

Good luck with this tough decision  

On 8/6/2022 at 10:54 AM, AxeElf said:

True, but it doesn't hurt to check with Axe Elf first, just to be sure you're not doing something stupid.

Mmm, I see your schtick hasn't changed much.  :lol: 

I would go Allen here if you want to play it safe.