Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Stop being so manly!

https://www.foxnews.com/media/wapo-op-ed-condemns-hawley-warns-conservative-masculinity-more-prejudice-manliness

Washington Post columnist Jonathan Capehart mocked American conservatives like Missouri Sen. Josh Hawley for advocating classical masculinity in an op-ed published Wednesday.

Capehart condemned "manhood-obsessed hypocrite" Hawley for equating "archconservative values" with masculinity while warning against any form of masculinity that lionizes "exclusion or intolerance" or "displays of unyielding strength."

The writer suggested that while he considers Hawley "clownish," "we dismiss him at our own risk." He warned that Hawley "is selling a vision of masculinity to White America that has much more to do with prejudice than manliness." 

Capehart instead promoted the masculinity advocated by a Democrat Afghanistan War veteran, Jason Kander, that he summarized as a "refreshing version of masculinity, one that views vulnerability as a virtue on the endless journey to being the best man one can be for one’s family and community."

Kander condemned Hawley for "positioning himself, and therefore his movement — his far-right, White-guy movement — as, ‘If you’re a man, then you believe in these things’" and "making manhood synonymous with conservatism."

Capehart claimed that this includes equating masculinity with "patriarchy, opposition to women’s bodily autonomy, support exclusively for heterosexual marriage, an aversion to labor organizing."

Capehart offered a grim take that what ultimately pulls together younger and older men across generations with slightly different beliefs is racial enmity:

"The pitch holds natural appeal for older White men who already hew to traditional morals. But what about the younger White men who, as Kander says, watch Ultimate Fighting but still like their LGBTQ co-workers and have friends who have had abortions? Hawley figures he can woo them too, so long as they share one potent trait with the older group: racial resentment. This vision of masculinity is as much about being White as it is about being a man."

He then quoted "Dying of Whiteness" author Jonathan Metzl, who summarized that a host of liberal boogeymen "have brought White male anxiety into the mainstream with the message that we are going to fight back as aggressively as possible. And, of course, casting yourself as a victim then obviates recognition of how you are in many cases the aggressor."

Meanwhile, Capehart painted Hawley in a far more opportunistic light: "Hawley may be a clown, but he’s clever, too. He knows White men feel they’re facing a crisis, and he plans to give them an answer. Coincidentally, that answer just so happens to serve Hawley’s own interests, ambitions and even 2024 presidential run."

Shonuff?

that is a classic woke nazi rant..  he should have thrown in "we just want to take back the Sudetenland to unite all people of color who have been downtrodden for so long".

at least i didn't read the term cisgender in there. if i ever hear that said in real life...we got problems:bandana:

11 minutes ago, TimmySmith said:

Just saying what he's supposed to say to keep his privileges.  

cuck privileges.  ?

Unfortunately, Capehart is b@stardizing the Benedictine idea of Right Relationship.  I see no reason that RR and conservatism can’t coexist and be one-in-the-same.

46 minutes ago, MLCKAA said:

Unfortunately, Capehart is b@stardizing the Benedictine idea of Right Relationship.  I see no reason that RR and conservatism can’t coexist and be one-in-the-same.

Some people are still against jungle fever.... 

14 minutes ago, MDC said:

I can’t. :bandana: 

I had you in mind when making this thread :cheers: 

• Thanks 1

Why is the effeminate gay guy lecturing about masculinity? 

8 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Do as he says, not as he does.

15 minutes ago, edjr said:

Do as he says, not as he does.

He puts a peniis in his ass. I’m not listening to him. 

Just now, Hardcore troubadour said:

He puts a peniis in his ass. I’m not listening to him. 

Can you think a better way to get it really clean?

Just now, edjr said:

Can you think a better way to get it really clean?

And that’s how they keep getting the monkey pox. 

6 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

And that’s how they keep getting the monkey pox. 

Monkey poops

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I just looked him up:  ghey black WaPo editor.  I'm shocked he has this opinion.  :o 

2 hours ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Gutterboy agrees with this message.  

Correct.  How many of you to think of me.

2 hours ago, GutterBoy said:

Correct.  How many of you to think of me.

Only when I go to the horse races.

Just now, edjr said:

Only when I go to the horse races.

😂