Sign in to follow this  
Masshole

If you pass a speed trap - do you try to warn other drivers?

Speed traps - give the other drivers a warning or nah?   

25 members have voted

1. 1. If you pass a speed trap do you give the other drivers a warning or not?

• Yes - I flash my headlights at the other drivers to try and warn them of the speed trap
    • No - Screw them, it's their problem if they get pulled over

Did this the other day and then thought it might be interesting to see how many other people do it.   

If I pass a speed trap - 100% of the time after that I'm flashing my headlights at the on-coming traffic to try and warn them about the speed trap.   I would hope others would do the same for me.    I always like it when other drivers give me a wave or flash their lights back at me to acknowledge the "heads up" I just gave them.    I always give a thank you wave when someone does it for me.   

If you don't do that and don't make any effort to give your fellow drivers a heads up - why are you a d!ck?    

Funny, I used to do what you described, but on my recent road trip from Detroit to Phoenix, I passed several traps and never even thought to do it.  So I voted "no," but my No is an "I'm an idiot who is old and forgets things" response.

Note that Google Maps highlighted most of the traps; actually they may have gotten them all, and a few that were no longer there.  I presume other drivers initially reported them?  We did usually tell Google if the traps were still there or not.

On 2 lane highways I will flash for deer, speed traps, or other things that may require flashing. 

On your typical crowded interstate in Texas between 2 major cities the answer is no.

Flashed a warning just this morning. I back the blue when it comes to shooting criminals, but piss off on your speeding tickets. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’m to busy tailgating, so no, the pissed of vomit in front of me giving me the finger is entertaining me , so I’m not paying attention.  

Look for our own speed trap, drivers need to pay attention and stop texting.  Won’t get caught. 

Dummy up.  

• Haha 1
  • Confused 3

tailgating is a sin.

• Haha 1

I make my brake lights flash when someone is tailgating me. It’s funny.  I just wish one of them would follow me and get out of their car. 

7 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I make my brake lights flash when someone is tailgating me. It’s funny.  I just wish one of them would follow me and get out of their car. 

I’ll be the one, funny when the slow guy pulls over, I do always, they say hey what’s the problem, I say you, they mumble back to their automobile and drive off satisfied, silly little slow driving people. 

13 minutes ago, taco breath said:

tailgating is a sin.

So is sinning.  

6 minutes ago, weepaws said:

I’ll be the one, funny when the slow guy pulls over, I do always, they say hey what’s the problem, I say you, they mumble back to their automobile and drive off satisfied, silly little slow driving people. 

I’m not pulling over. Trust me. I might just stop you from even passing me. Let’s play. 

22 minutes ago, weepaws said:

I’m to busy tailgating, so no, the pissed of vomit in front of me giving me the finger is entertaining me , so I’m not paying attention.  

Look for our own speed trap, drivers need to pay attention and stop texting.  Won’t get caught. 

Dummy up.  

What's your first language dude? I think if you used the google translator that may be easier for the English speakers to understand what you try to say on this site.

I flash drivers coming the other way. Never thought to use the headlights though. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

Fickle 

1 hour ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I’m not pulling over. Trust me. I might just stop you from even passing me. Let’s play. 

Oh I trust you, I know your not getting out, you can just keep cruising along , I’m not looking to pass you, I’m just enjoying tailgating you, the rest is up to you tough guy.  God bless. 

1 hour ago, craftsman said:

What's your first language dude? I think if you used the google translator that may be easier for the English speakers to understand what you try to say on this site.

I think you stopped coming onto this board that would make it more enjoyable tough guy. 

God bless  

9 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Fickle 

Oh I trust you, I know your not getting out, you can just keep cruising along , I’m not looking to pass you, I’m just enjoying tailgating you, the rest is up to you tough guy.  God bless. 

I mean follow me home and get out of the car. Then it’s go time. 

13 minutes ago, weepaws said:

I think you stopped coming onto this board that would make it more enjoyable tough guy. 

God bless  

Again, no idea what you are trying to communicate.

37 minutes ago, craftsman said:

He speaks jive. 

47 minutes ago, Hardcore troubadour said:

I mean follow me home and get out of the car. Then it’s go time. 

Sorry dude, I’m married. That’s just gross. 

42 minutes ago, craftsman said:

You might need glasses. 

Thanks. 

5 minutes ago, BunnysBastatrds said:

He speaks jive. 

Hey shell when you need to type, I’ll let you know.  

the Waze app tells you where all the cops are.  how am i the first one to post this? its by far the most useful app.

2 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

the Waze app tells you where all the cops are.  how am i the first one to post this? its by far the most useful app.

Eh, it has its drawbacks too. Especially for city driving. 

1. Disgusting, when did weepaws trickle over from the main bored? Good lord pretty soon jrohk and axeelf will be here. 

2. No need to warn you won’t have to worry about your speeding tickets once the nuclear war begins 🤷🏻‍♂️

2 hours ago, JustinCharge said:

Waze sucks 

6 hours ago, craftsman said:

What's the deal with this @weepaws guy and all the anger? Did God tell him to piss off or something?

2 hours ago, WhiteWonder said:

1. Disgusting, when did weepaws trickle over from the main bored? Good lord pretty soon jrohk and axeelf will be here. 

2. No need to warn you won’t have to worry about your speeding tickets once the nuclear war begins 🤷🏻‍♂️

Fans. 

Yes. I grew up watching my dad do it. Why wouldn't you? You are extreme douche if you don't. it is like holding the door for someone or saying thank you. Manners

14 hours ago, MTSkiBum said:

On 2 lane highways I will flash for deer, speed traps, or other things that may require flashing. 

On your typical crowded interstate in Texas between 2 major cities the answer is no.

Same here.  Always on smaller roads but not on a freeway.  I figure everyone else is doing it already and I do not look across the 4 lane divided highway to see it.

8 hours ago, WhiteWonder said:

Waze sucks 

This. Also the Google Maps app will tell you where cops and all that are. 

Follow up question/point - does everyone understand that if another vehicle coming from the other direction is flashing their headlights at you (and it's not because you've got your high beams on at night) that means that they are trying to tell you there's a speed trap ahead?    I always assumed that was common knowledge but there are probably a decent amount of people who have no idea why the he11 I am flashing my lights at them.

8 minutes ago, Masshole said:

Follow up question/point - does everyone understand that if another vehicle coming from the other direction is flashing their headlights at you (and it's not because you've got your high beams on at night) that means that they are trying to tell you there's a speed trap ahead?    I always assumed that was common knowledge but there are probably a decent amount of people who have no idea why the he11 I am flashing my lights at them.

I’ll flash for a few reasons and one is the speed trap ahead. I’ll also flash if there is obstructed visibility and cars are at a standstill ahead due to road work or an accident. I drive up and down backroads to get to my house and they’ve been doing a lot of roadwork. Thanks Build Back Better!!!

No. I have, but once the speed limit went to 65 on highways and knowing you can do 75 and you aren't getting pulled over that was enough for me.  If you need to go 80 plus then that’s on you. I see too many a-holes flying by me when I’m doing 75. 

If on a road with 55+ limit, I will flash, because fock a cop trying to just make money.

If on a residential road in a 25 or 35, then no, because fock people that go 45 in a 25 and are a safety issue.

Just now, GutterBoy said:

If on a road with 55+ limit, I will flash, because fock a cop trying to just make money.

If on a residential road in a 25 or 35, then no, because fock people that go 45 in a 25 and are a safety issue.

Oh, so it’s not about cops making money in your neighborhood, it’s about safety.  It’s about money on the highway though.  You’re an idiot. 

3 hours ago, Sean Mooney said:

This. Also the Google Maps app will tell you where cops and all that are. 

i figured youd love your google overlords.

last night i had 2 yokels fly past me on the 101 at high speed.  20 seconds later 2 sheriff patrol cars flew past me at an even faster speed.  they probably pull over 20 people a day on the 101 between Santa Barbara and Ventura.  People just don't learn.  They watch the 10 like a HAWK.