Sign in to follow this  
shorepatrol

Wisdom Toof

I've never had a real tooth ache before. I have now. HOOOOOOOLY shight. Got that b!tch yanked Monday and still have some lingering pain.  :wall: I am now 25% dumberer 

I had mine pulled two-three years ago. It went from a constant dull pain for years, to incredibly sharp after it was pulled because it got infected, to no pain at all now.

I had them pulled at like age 20.  Was advised it’s much better to just pull them young.  

I still have mine in. Luckily, they grew in right so I never had to have them pulled 

Just now, -Vyse- said:

I still have mine in. Luckily, they grew in right so I never had to have them pulled 

That's cool and all but you can prolly eat an apple through a chain linked fence.  

44 minutes ago, OldMaid said:

My wisdom teeth never came in. :softball:

To easy.  #double entendre

1 hour ago, KSB2424 said:

I had them pulled at like age 20.  Was advised it’s much better to just pull them young.  

Only because they are harder to clean and eventually cause problems.  The myth that they are harder to pull when you are older is a myth. 

2 minutes ago, -Vyse- said:

One of mine eventually cracked and had them all pulled in my late 40s.   The others started to give me gum issues. If you can keep them clean and they dont give you issues good on ya.  If they start to give you issues pull em. 

2 minutes ago, Horseman said:

Only because they are harder to clean and eventually cause problems.  The myth that they are harder to pull when you are older is a myth. 

Pretty sure any surgery is easier when you are young versus old.  :unsure:

A dentist, orthodontist or oral surgeon prolly looks if you have room and makes a call.  If there is any question they pull the wisdom teef early.  If you have a horses mouth they prolly leave them. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

That's cool and all but you can prolly eat an apple through a chain linked fence.  

Nope. I don’t have horse teeth. My braces made sure of that. 

6 minutes ago, Horseman said:

One of mine eventually cracked and had them all pulled in my late 40s.   The others started to give me gum issues. If you can keep them clean and they dont give you issues good on ya.  If they start to give you issues pull em. 

Yea I’m not against having them pulled. But they haven’t ever given me any problems so I saw no reason to. Like you said, if they do in the future then I’ll have them removed 

1 minute ago, KSB2424 said:

Pretty sure any surgery is easier when you are young versus old.  :unsure:

A dentist, orthodontist or oral surgeon prolly looks if you have room and makes a call.  If there is any question they pull the wisdom teef early.  If you have a horses mouth they prolly leave them. 

Surgery?  It's just pulling teeth. 

Just now, Horseman said:

Wait. Once you are not a child and teeth fall out its kind of a big deal to pull a tooth out of a healthy mouf and jaw bone.  I'm from the south but damn boy.  

Google Oral Surgery.   Sure its not a heart transplant but the definition applies. 

15 minutes ago, KSB2424 said:

To easy.  #double entendre

Well, clearly you don’t have yours either.  #too

I've never had a toof ache

1 hour ago, Horseman said:

Yep. Novacaine shots, cut my gums and she yanked it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KSB2424 said:

Wait. Once you are not a child and teeth fall out its kind of a big deal to pull a tooth out of a healthy mouf and jaw bone.  I'm from the south but damn boy.  

Google Oral Surgery.   Sure its not a heart transplant but the definition applies. 

Its not really. Dentists pull teeth everyday. Going to an oral surgeon isnt necessary, it's for poosays.  

If corse if its impacted or something that's a different story. But straight forward teeth, numb em up and yank them.

You're honestly saying you dont know anyone that's just goes to the dentist and gets a tooth yanked?  

10 hours ago, shorepatrol said:

Yep. Novacaine shots, cut my gums and she yanked it. 

Awesome. Before or after pulling your tooth? 

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Horseman said:

Anesthesia?

12 minutes ago, frank said:

Anesthesia?

insurance.

16 hours ago, Voltaire said:

I had mine pulled two-three years ago. It went from a constant dull pain for years, to incredibly sharp after it was pulled because it got infected, to no pain at all now.

happy ending.  :thumbsup:

6 hours ago, frank said:

Anesthesia?

I didnt.  Some good drugs and novocaine. Awake for all four ripped out, sounded like pulling carrots. 

When I got my braces, they removed 4 molars (?) to pull my teeth forward and make room for the wisdom teeth.  It worked, and I had them all until two years ago when I had one removed -- it was beginning to decline and I was about to start radiation on my throat, so it was time to go.

My dentist (now former; my wife just had a checkup and he isn't with them anymore) hates wisdom teeth.  He had been bugging me to get rid of them for years.  I'd have maybe done it if I hadn't had the molars removed, but since I had, it seemed an unnecessary reduction in teef volume, so I told him no thanks.

On 8/5/2022 at 6:37 PM, Voltaire said:

After I had mine pulled, one of them developed.......................................

Dry socket (alveolar osteitis) is a painful dental condition that sometimes happens after you have a permanent adult tooth extracted. Dry socket is when the blood clot at the site of the tooth extraction fails to develop, or it dislodges or dissolves before the wound has healed.

It hurt bad enough that I had to leave work to get something done. Whatever they did, it only took about 5 seconds, but for that 5 seconds I experienced pain like I've never felt before/after.

Almost passed out. 

On 8/5/2022 at 7:33 PM, shorepatrol said:

I've never had a real tooth ache before. I have now. HOOOOOOOLY shight. Got that b!tch yanked Monday and still have some lingering pain.  :wall: I am now 25% dumberer 

Do a contest and give it away!