Sign in to follow this  
JagFan

Joe Mixon

I’m curious where everyone is on Mixon?

We have a decent sample size now, and last years TD production looks like an outlier.

I posted last preseason that I liked him, and first time that I really targeted him, and I don’t see that changing this season, I don’t see another rb on the team getting much work unless Mixon misses time due to injury.  

6 hours ago, weepaws said:

unless Mixon misses time due to injury.  

Talent has always been there. Last year was his first to stay healthy.

I would say the same for kupp 

9 hours ago, JagFan said:

In half ppr, I currently have him as my overall #8 and RB6

10 hours ago, JagFan said:

We have a decent sample size now, and last years TD production looks like an outlier.

I have him just outside that top tier of RB's.   hes still a top 10 RB no worries there.

only downside is health, but he had a healthy season last year.  maybe his injury issues are fully behind him now.

19 hours ago, Bier Meister said:

Talent has always been there. Last year was his first to stay healthy.

I would say the same for kupp 

They've both been healthy before and had good seasons, but last season was their first with top notch talent around them

One definite good thing from him is there's not much competition for carries.  And of course the offense is going to be good so his numbers should be top-5ish.

yeah and the team is still fairly young.   likely to improve from last year.   so if they are winning earlier in the game, more garbage time carries for the RB's.

That usually translates to better rushing totals too.

On 8/7/2022 at 4:21 AM, JagFan said:

I actually don't think his TD production is an outlier, but rather I think it was positive regression.

Mixon has finished in the top-10 for carries inside the 5-yard line 3 of the last 4 seasons (with the one he didn't where he got hurt). 

With an improved offensive line, I could see Mixon make a legitimate case for RB1 overall at the end of the season. Suffice to say, I'm big time bullish on him this year.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Skinny_Bastard said:

I'm buying that offense.  He's going to have plenty of room to run with Chase and Higgins in the outside.

I'm starting to pump the brakes a bit on the Cinn offense for several reasons. Higgins isn't practicing yet after having shoulder surgery. Burrow not practicing after having an emergency appendectomy that may have burst. His Dad said although the recovery is typically 2-4 weeks, he's unsure how long Burrow would be sidelined. And finally, there's the Super Bowl loser hangover that affects a lot teams the following year, after losing the SB.

All of that said it may benefit Mixon if they lean on the running game initially. I'd pass on him in rd #1 but jump on him early rd #2 if he's still available.

Just my opinion for now unless something changes.

47 minutes ago, wolves111 said:

I'm starting to pump the brakes a bit on the Cinn offense for several reasons. Higgins isn't practicing yet after having shoulder surgery. Burrow not practicing after having an emergency appendectomy that may have burst. His Dad said although the recovery is typically 2-4 weeks, he's unsure how long Burrow would be sidelined. And finally, there's the Super Bowl loser hangover that affects a lot teams the following year, after losing the SB.

All of that said it may benefit Mixon if they lean on the running game initially. I'd pass on him in rd #1 but jump on him early rd #2 if he's still available.

Just my opinion for now unless something changes.

That makes him a low end RB1 (likely) or high end RB2 depending on how early in round 2.  if he falls that far.

In a 12 or 14 team league Mixon is a first round pick. And in 10 team leagues late first early second.  

Thanks. 

he should be going in round 1 of any format.  if you are waiting to round 2 you are probably not getting him unless your league is 10 or less teams.

in most formats his ADP is #10 overall.

Struggling to rank him with Harris and Cook.  Leaning towards Cook first.  But Harris and Mixon seem to be right there.

I keep hearing that the Vikings are ping to more of a pass happy offense, I think that benefits Cook, I listing Mixon over Harris   

15 hours ago, weepaws said:

I keep hearing that the Vikings are ping to more of a pass happy offense, I think that benefits Cook, I listing Mixon over Harris   

They are ping to more pass happy?

3 hours ago, craftsman said:

They are ping to more pass happy?  I am vomit   

Yes, they plan on making noise with there passing game.  Ping.  

4 hours ago, weepaws said:

Yes, they plan on making noise with there passing game.  Ping.  

What is your first language?

30 minutes ago, craftsman said:

What is your first language?

Seafoameze. 

On 8/7/2022 at 4:21 AM, JagFan said:

I'm in if I can get him at a nice price. But I'm sure he'll be costly in an auction. Great player. Awesome offense. Can't really go wrong.