Sign in to follow this  
TBayXXXVII

Keeper League trade (2QB) - J. Williams/J. Jeudy

I'm keeping Herbert, Harris, & Jefferson (and either AJ Dillon or Godwin).  I have Javonte Williams.  A little background...

I had DeAndre Swift.  As I mentioned in the Williams/Swift thread, I'm concerned about Swift's durability.  So, I actually ended up making 2 trades.  I traded away Swift for a 2nd and 3rd round pick to one owner then traded a 1st round pick for Williams.  One thing the Williams owner mentioned to me was that another owner offered him a 2nd and Jerry Jeudy for Williams.

So, would you contact the other owner and offer Williams for a 2nd and Jeudy?

Results would be...

A: Herbert, Harris, Williams, Jefferson & (AJ D or CG), no 1st, 2 2nd's, 2 3rd's

OR

B: Herbert, Harris, Jefferson Jeudy & (AJ D or CG), no 1st, 3 2nd's, 2 3rd's

Thoughts?

scoring?  and how many teams in the league?     looks like a keep 5 situation.  only keeping 1 QB?

16 minutes ago, TBayXXXVII said:

One thing the Williams owner mentioned to me was that another owner offered him a 2nd and Jerry Jeudy for Williams.

So, would you contact the other owner and offer Williams for a 2nd and Jeudy?

my first observation is when thinking of doing a quick flip like this, I'd contact the owner before actually acquiring the asset. 

If you have made the trade, it is too late for that,  but if thinking about trying this yes you should reach out to see if it is still an option.

Godwin may be the better long term play as hes more talented than Dillon but hes hurt this year and Brady is likely retiring next year.   So you may have 2-3 wasted years before hes good for you again.   So I see why you are considering Dillon.

Personally I like the option where you keep Williams.  RB's are harder to replace when you need to.  Especially if this is a 12 team league or larger.   

Even though I like Jeudy, I would keep Williams unless you can package him with a draft pick to get a better RB.

That said, if keeping Godwin, maybe you just go ahead and keep williams who likely has one more year with a committee and build for the following year.

Given that Jeudy is kind of a scrub, I'm not sure why you are even considering this.

I wouldn't do it.  I haven't watched much Jeudy since he got to the NFL, but when I did research on him coming in as a rookie, I came away thinking he was soft, so I'd have to be convinced he grew out of that.

2 hours ago, Ray_T said:

scoring?  and how many teams in the league?     looks like a keep 5 situation.  only keeping 1 QB?

Yeah, keep 5.  Normal ppr scoring.  10 teams.  Nothing weird.

2 hours ago, Ray_T said:

my first observation is when thinking of doing a quick flip like this, I'd contact the owner before actually acquiring the asset. 

If you have made the trade, it is too late for that,  but if thinking about trying this yes you should reach out to see if it is still an option.

Godwin may be the better long term play as hes more talented than Dillon but hes hurt this year and Brady is likely retiring next year.   So you may have 2-3 wasted years before hes good for you again.   So I see why you are considering Dillon.

Personally I like the option where you keep Williams.  RB's are harder to replace when you need to.  Especially if this is a 12 team league or larger.   

Even though I like Jeudy, I would keep Williams unless you can package him with a draft pick to get a better RB.

That said, if keeping Godwin, maybe you just go ahead and keep williams who likely has one more year with a committee and build for the following year.

55 minutes ago, nobody said:

I wouldn't do it.  I haven't watched much Jeudy since he got to the NFL, but when I did research on him coming in as a rookie, I came away thinking he was soft, so I'd have to be convinced he grew out of that.

Yeah, I was thinking this as well.  It's just that everywhere I look, the "experts" are reasonably high on Jeudy.  I wasn't sure what I was missing.

I listen to podcasts on my commute.  The "experts" aren't that knowledgeable.  I listened to one where they couldn't pronounce Romeo Doubs name and didn't know who Isaiah Pacheco is.

• Like 1

I thought Sutton was more talented Than Jeudy but in games where they play together Jeudy gets all the love. 

this may be partly due to the QB they had at the helm and the fact Sutton is a field stretching deep ball threat.   Bridgewater is not a deep ball thrower.

That said, Wilson throws one of the nicer deep balls in the NFL so we may see a different split this next year in the pass distribution.

with Sutton, think DK Metcalf, with Jeudy think Lockett.  obviously they dont have the exact skilset, but thats how I see it playing out in denver in terms  of pass distribution.

1 hour ago, TBayXXXVII said:

Yeah, I was thinking this as well.  It's just that everywhere I look, the "experts" are reasonably high on Jeudy.  I wasn't sure what I was missing.

well, hes a 4.45 runner who runs good routes.    apparently hes explosive coming out of his cuts. (at least thats what the scouting report says)

I've only seen him play a couple times.    he looked good but when hes a starting WR, you kind of expect that.

Before he was hurt all reports about the Broncos wr situation, had Patrick out performing Judge Jeudy. 

19 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Before he was hurt all reports about the Broncos wr situation, had Patrick out performing Judge Jeudy. 

Well Patrick isnt here anymore, so there is no point debating that one.    it was an early pre season report anyhow.  hard to say how much there is to it.   I really pay attention to only one thing early and thats if someone weighs in heavy going into camp or if they are injured. 

other reports really only matter if its close to the end of preseason because you can tell where the pecking order is at that point in time.

A Broncos fan on this board said he had been at training, and that Patrick looked better, I think that was two weeks ago, about a day or two before Patrick injury I believe.  But if that’s indeed the case, that doesn’t speak well of Judge Jeudy imo.  

I wouldn’t concern myself if early in camp someone is over weight, once they start practicing they will lose it.  

23 minutes ago, weepaws said:

A Broncos fan on this board said he had been at training, and that Patrick looked better, I think that was two weeks ago, about a day or two before Patrick injury I believe.  But if that’s indeed the case, that doesn’t speak well of Judge Jeudy imo.  

Yeah I saw the posts.  there are one or two other reports I saw that said pretty much the same.   but lt was early.  lots of times early reports turn out to be much ado about nothing.

I thought it was more like Patrick looked REALLY good as compared to Jeudy looking bad but maybe I misread the report I saw.

either way Patrick is gone for the year now.   

I wasnt recommending picking up Jeudy.  I figured the young RB would be more valuable in the long run.   RB are much harder to replace than WR and starting RB's are hard to find and once people get them they dont trade them.

for a talent for talent swap its ok. I just wouldnt make the deal for that reason.

Wouldn’t make that deal either. 

3 hours ago, nobody said:

The "experts" aren't that knowledgeable.

Experts are the reason you get an "A" from the Draft Analyzer and finish 8th.

4 hours ago, AxeElf said:

To be fair, those of us who post on an FF message board all summer are probably more knowledgeable than most... and then there's weepaws.

13 hours ago, AxeElf said:

yeah, nearly every year I won my draft in Yahoo leagues, their so called 'experts' gave me a D or an F grade.

Experts indeed.

There was one time I won with an A- grade.  I consider that to be the outlier.

8 hours ago, nobody said:

To be fair, those of us who post on an FF message board all summer are probably more knowledgeable than mos

agreed.   Most of the regulars are more in tune with whats going on.   some of us have more expertise in certain areas but I like that.  we can learn from each other.

we dont always agree, but we dont have to.   sometimes I pick a player knowing everyone disagrees with the pick.   but sometimes you see something others dont see and you gotta go with your gut..

I especially like getting the opinions of Homers on their team.  They often see things we dont because they see their own team so often.

I also find you see things when you are in person at the game that does not get captured on TV.   I'm also a believer in the Eye test.    when you actually watch someone play you have a better idea of what they can really do.

https://www.denverbroncos.com/news/broncos-camp-observations-jerry-jeudy-runs-brilliant-route-for-deep-td-continues

https://broncoswire.usatoday.com/2022/08/07/denver-broncos-jerry-jeudy-praised-at-2022-training-camp/

just a couple of Jeudy Links.  hes not having a bad camp at all.

I still like Sutton.  but I think both WR should do well with Wilson tossing the ball.