Kopy

What is your absolute FAVORITE TV show of all time?

2 minutes ago, Cloaca du jour said:

My favorite tv shows have to do with getting together with family every week to sit and watch.  Not something I watch myself.

Loved watching Quantum Leap as a kid with the family. Appointment TV in my house.

8 hours ago, Kopy said:

What's your #1. The rest of your life. This is all you're gonna watch.

Brutal that you can only pick one, but rules are rules.

Family Guy. What I love most about the show, is that they're not afraid to put down ALL races, religions, etc.

10 minutes ago, Cloaca du jour said:

Anyone mention M*A*S*H?

1st thing i thought of because the seasons with trapper and col. Blake were great.

42 minutes ago, lod001 said:

1st thing i thought of because the seasons with trapper and col. Blake were great.

On my honorable list

11 hours ago, phillybear said:

, Married With Children

Yep.  Good call. :thumbsup:
Also the poor mans Married With Children which was "Unhappily Ever After" 
Nikki Cox was pretty hot back in the day on the show. 
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-xv3LE4b130c/TegKFRKXpSI/AAAAAAAACHM/GrEhh9tqETc/s1600/a4.jpg

Christina Applegate was hotter, imo, but still...

Also, Bobcat voicing the Bunny was kinda funny

Also Beavis and Butthead.   Groundbreaking.
Seriously

4 hours ago, Reality said:

The correct answer is Breaking Bad or GoT.

My personal favorite is either Halt and Catch Fire or Downton Abbey. Can't decide.

I was tricked into watching Downton by my wife, ended up instantly loving it. Phenomenal show.

The correct answer is the one that's your favorite.

If it were shows with my family growing up, then Sanford and Son, MASH, the Jeffersons, All in the Family, Carol Burnett Show, Love Boat, Fantasy Island and all that stuff I watched as a kid. I've seen every I Love Lucy, Van Dyke, Brady Bunch, Gilligan's Island, etc. 

The OA

Not Necessarily the News

Dream On

how come no negro shows have been mentioned?

jeffersons

what's happening

in living color

harlem globtrotters (cartoon)

roots

etc ...

Seinfeld

On 8/10/2022 at 12:48 PM, BunnysBastatrds said:

Rescue Me 

sorry, i think the stab wound from that carrot is fatal.

1 hour ago, JustinCharge said:

sorry, i think the stab wound from that carrot is fatal.

It will either give you better vision or wound you. 

No hard feelings my friend. ✌️

How can anyone like Mash? How old are you guys? My parents watched that show while I was in agony. 

9 minutes ago, peenie said:

How can anyone like Mash? How old are you guys? My parents watched that show while I was in agony. 

I found it hasnt aged well.

And it's a lot more apparent now that Alan Alda was an insufferable douche.

But it's the one TV show that my dad would watch from start to finish. So I'd lay down on the carpet in front of him with our dog  and watch the show with him. I loved the sound of his laugh. I miss it.

The ending pisses me off to this day. It should have been called operation get Alan alda  an Emmy award. Because that's all it was. His overwrought acting and everyone else treated like minor characters.

1 minute ago, peenie said:

Do you need to be old to watch old tv shows or movies? 

I had a coworker who I asked if he ever saw the movie Dirty Harry. He chuckled and said, "Uhh, I'm not that old, that's before my time."

I replied, "Uhhh, I'm not that old either but they have these things out there that allow you to see older movies and TV shows." Funny part about it, he's a computer tech guy who's big into tv and video games and computers.

So lame.

On 8/10/2022 at 4:06 PM, wiffleball said:

That was a quality underrated show.

First couple seasons yep.

Also nip tuck

3 hours ago, craftsman said:

Do you need to be old to watch old tv shows or movies? 

I had a coworker who I asked if he ever saw the movie Dirty Harry. He chuckled and said, "Uhh, I'm not that old, that's before my time."

I replied, "Uhhh, I'm not that old either but they have these things out there that allow you to see older movies and TV shows." Funny part about it, he's a computer tech guy who's big into tv and video games and computers.

So lame.

My favorite channel is TCM. I LOVE OLD MOVIES! I just think Mash is really depressing. 

13 minutes ago, peenie said:

My favorite channel is TCM. I LOVE OLD MOVIES! I just think Mash is really depressing. 

TMC???  

On 8/10/2022 at 4:37 PM, 5-Points said:

This. And there's no close 2nd.

Definitely in the top 5. Only reason I can’t give it #1 is because they never properly ended it. And don’t get me started on that god awful movie… So, Breaking Bad wins. 

38 minutes ago, OldMaid said:

Definitely in the top 5. Only reason I can’t give it #1 is because they never properly ended it. And don’t get me started on that god awful movie… So, Breaking Bad wins. 

Yeah, I can't argue with that. HBO shat the bed on that and Milch wasn't dicking around. It had at least 2 if not 3 more seasons in it. :mad:

And secondered on the movie. That was an utter disappointment. 

Also, welcome back. Where ya been? 

14 minutes ago, BiPolarBear said:

True Blood. I got all the DVD's and watched the whole thing again. 

true blood season one was a banger.  then it started to suck really bad when it got deep into vampire and werewolf lore.  thats NOT the direction it needed to go.  i think the huge appeal was that vampires seemed limitless and free but had to pay a price for that by being outcasts.   future seasons bogged vampires down into the lame cruddy politics humans face every damn day in their social structure.  so now they had all the downsides of human life AND were outcasts.  really dropped the ball.

outlander suffered a similar fate.  season one was incredible, then it crumbled.  the appeal was the main character was free of her droll life but living in harrowing fear of what had happened to her.  future seasons locked her back down into a droll life but was just in a different time.

14 minutes ago, JustinCharge said:

outlander suffered a similar fate.  season one was incredible, then it crumbled.  the appeal was the main character was free of her droll life but living in harrowing fear of what had happened to her.  future seasons locked her back down into a droll life but was just in a different time.

Totally agree. 

1 hour ago, OldMaid said:

I didn’t see the movie - I guess I don’t have too now. 
Are you back or did Rusty get possession of your PW. 
How did we talk way back when ??

My favorite is The Sheild. Walton Goggins as Shane is the greatest tv character of all time.

25 minutes ago, Herbivore said:

My favorite is The Sheild. Walton Goggins as Shane is the greatest tv character of all time.

Thought he was better on Justified. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, TommyGavin said:

I didn’t see the movie - I guess I don’t have too now. 
Are you back or did Rusty get possession of your PW. 
How did we talk way back when ??

It was disappointing for sure. I watched it again a few months ago and it wasn't as bad as I thought the first time. It definitely didn't do the series justice, though. Maybe I just had higher expectations. You should watch it. 

Also, fax machine I'm guessing. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, taco breath said:

how come no negro shows have been mentioned?

jeffersons

what's happening

in living color

harlem globtrotters (cartoon)

roots

etc ...

MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL !!!

17 hours ago, 5-Points said:

It was disappointing for sure. I watched it again a few months ago and it wasn't as bad as I thought the first time. It definitely didn't do the series justice, though. Maybe I just had higher expectations. You should watch it. 

Also, fax machine I'm guessing. 

Oh no. 5-Points is OldMaid ????

22 hours ago, supermike80 said:

First couple seasons yep.

Also nip tuck

Nip/Tuck may be my answer.  For years that was our favorite show.  Super campy but hella fun. :thumbsup: 

Not my all time favorite, but definitely honorable mention that I don’t think anyone has mentioned yet - Dexter.