kozmiq

I'm sure no one here cares but ...

... my best friend for the past 40 years was killed recently in a car wreck.  He was at fault.

I, as well as many other people, begged him to not drink and drive.  Sadly, yes, he was intoxicated. 

His wife had passed away with cancer and his only child was killed in Afghanistan.  He had no other family.  His drinking had overcome him.  All he had was a dog that he loved.

Now, one thing comes to mind is his dog will never understand why he didn't come home.   😪

Now one else was involved.  He went off the road and hit a light pole.

The dog was a rescue mutt.

I apologize for saying that nobody here would care.  Obviously, some do.  Thanks.

So sorry for your loss..  Sounds like he has a tough life lately.   Hope someone steps up and gives the dog a good life. I always think of those things too.

7 minutes ago, Bill E. said:

So sorry for your loss..  Sounds like he has a tough life lately.   Hope someone steps up and gives the dog a good life. I always think of those things too.

He was sharing his house with a young married couple.  They're the ones who told me.  What really broke my heart (and made me cry) was they told me his dog sits staring at the door and has been sleeping there.   Obviously waiting for his owner to come home. 

I am so sorry about your friend. ❤️ 

Sorry to hear that.  Life long friends are family.  Thats going to be tough.  The dog story is sad.  But at the very least he didn't leave any children behind to figure it out. 

Stay strong and remember the good times.

2 hours ago, kozmiq said:

... my best friend for the past 40 years was killed recently in a car wreck.  He was at fault.

I, as well as many other people, begged him to not drink and drive.  Sadly, yes, he was intoxicated. 

His wife had passed away with cancer and his only child was killed in Afghanistan.  He had no other family.  His drinking had overcome him.  All he had was a dog that he loved.

Now, one thing comes to mind is his dog will never understand why he didn't come home.   😪

I’m sorry to hear that man. Hope everything is ok 

14 hours ago, kozmiq said:

He was sharing his house with a young married couple.  They're the ones who told me.  What really broke my heart (and made me cry) was they told me his dog sits staring at the door and has been sleeping there.   Obviously waiting for his owner to come home. 

That is sad. 

One of my best friends left his wife and kids and moved away to drink himself to death.  He succeeded in June.  I am very sorry for your loss.

• Sad 1

I'm in the same place as TimmySmith - Had a good friend who I bartended with when we were younger.   Good guy, had a lot going for him.    But he got too deep in the bottle and after his wife left him he went even deeper.    The last time I saw him he was about 40 yrs old - he looked like he was 60.    He died not long after that.    Literally drank himself to death. 

Koz - sorry for the loss of your good friend.    Don't beat yourself up too much, when someone gets on a self destructive bent it is very, very hard to get them off of the track.   Basically it takes having them committed.    Which may or may not work.     I don't think any of us could bring ourselves to throw a good friend into an institution and hope that is what fixes it.   You could very well make matters worse.    It's tough but sometimes you have to just stand on the sidelines and hope that they figure it out for themselves.    Many don't.   

• Like 1

19 hours ago, lickin_starfish said:

Damn, dude had a rough life. I'm glad nobody else was hurt.

I’d tell you to suck your own D if it was big enough.  Us southern women would laugh at you.  

• Confused 1

19 hours ago, kozmiq said:

Sorry to hear this.  I used to work CPS and investigations and teen crisis and I’m going back on with PD.  It always hurts when I hear these things.  You don’t know me, but I have a two good ears if you want to talk privately.  

• Haha 2

i feel for you man.. terrible news..

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Shell said:

I have a two good ears if you want to talk privately.  

Those aren't ears 

On 8/11/2022 at 2:28 PM, wiffleball said:

Those aren't ears 

Your should be as big as your mouth. 

On 8/10/2022 at 1:04 PM, kozmiq said:

Bummer, sorry for your loss :( 

In the last half of year I lost a close friend that's i've had since 1970

An Aunt

And a very close Brother

it's been pretty hard