Miami Dolphins at Tampa Bay Buccaneers: 7:30 p.m. ET
New Orleans Saints at Houston Texans: 8 p.m. ET
Dallas Cowboys at Denver Broncos: 9 p.m. ET
Los Angeles Rams at Los Angeles Chargers: 10 p.m. ET

Sunday

Minnesota Vikings at Las Vegas Raiders: 4:25 p.m. ET

Not going to see J White. B

Pats/Giants

I don't know if people are aware, but Ricky Seals-Jones has been on the shelf, and there's a rookie on the Giants named Daniel Bellinger, that was getting some love in camp and has been running with the first team which made me start to keep an eye on him.  That love has since been muted and I've seen stories now that seem to indicate he may not be grasping the playbook well yet.  Those are the "earning trust" type stories.  Giants don't really use the TE very much, but may be worth seeing if Bellinger looks like a player.

Titans/Ravens

I wouldn't mind confirming that Dontrell Hilliard is the handcuff to Henry.  They have the rookie Hasaan Haskins that could take that spot.  My guess is whoever plays less in this game is likely the real handcuff.

For the Ravens, I'd like to see if James Proche or Devin Duvernay are going to be the 2nd wide receiver, but I doubt this game will provide much clarity. It's not like the Raven offense can support 3 fantasy relevant pass catchers.

Why would you be interested to see who will be the wr2 on a team that throws so little. 

I can’t see them being being worthy of a roster spot, anyway just asking.  

Not everyone plays in 10 team leagues with 8 starters and 6 bench slots.  That's why I'm interested.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, nobody said:

Pats/Giants

I don't know if people are aware, but Ricky Seals-Jones has been on the shelf, and there's a rookie on the Giants named Daniel Bellinger, that was getting some love in camp and has been running with the first team which made me start to keep an eye on him.  That love has since been muted and I've seen stories now that seem to indicate he may not be grasping the playbook well yet.  Those are the "earning trust" type stories.  Giants don't really use the TE very much, but may be worth seeing if Bellinger looks like a player.

Just moved Bellinger up and RSJ down in most recent rankings update (today). Probably won't be fantasy worthy this season but he doesn't have a lot competition either.

2 hours ago, nobody said:

Pats/Giants

Titans/Ravens

I wouldn't mind confirming that Dontrell Hilliard is the handcuff to Henry.  They have the rookie Hasaan Haskins that could take that spot.  My guess is whoever plays less in this game is likely the real handcuff.

For the Ravens, I'd like to see if James Proche or Devin Duvernay are going to be the 2nd wide receiver, but I doubt this game will provide much clarity. It's not like the Raven offense can support 3 fantasy relevant pass catchers.

Not sure of your sources but the Giants love Bellinger. He is their likely TE1 come the regular season. Still a rookie TE in fantasy I wouldn’t expect much this year.

2 hours ago, nobody said:

Not everyone plays in 10 team leagues with 8 starters and 6 bench slots.  That's why I'm interested.

2 hours ago, weepaws said:

Why would you be interested to see who will be the wr2 on a team that throws so little. 

I can’t see them being being worthy of a roster spot, anyway just asking.  

Ok I see, you’re looking for that wr6.  Thanks for the reply. 

1 hour ago, jrokh said:

Not sure of your sources but the Giants love Bellinger. He is their likely TE1 come the regular season. Still a rookie TE in fantasy I wouldn’t expect much this year.

There is a bit of art to reading camp reports.  No one comes out and says, "this guy is a JAG" or "this guy sucks."  I agree they love him.  They really loved him a lot early on.  The tea leaves are pointing more to JAG level production though.

A couple of dead giveaways by the way are when the qb or coach describe someone as "solid"

Think about what you would say if you were trying to be nice and someone wasn't that great.  Solid is code for JAG.

The other one is "earning trust." That means they've been making a bunch of mistakes because they don't know where to be.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A couple of other campisms you guys might want to familiarize yourself with are:

Significant involvement: this means they drew up like 4 gadget plays for a guy and he'll be a key person on special teams.

We're going to use [X running back] as a receiver: this means he learned how to line up properly in spread formations without getting an illegal procedure penalty, but there's no intention of throwing him the ball.

• Thanks 1

Or maybe it’s just preseason coach talk.  For we don’t want to really let it out how we feel about a player.  

5 hours ago, nobody said:

Pats/Giants

Titans/Ravens

I am interested in all of those stories. I have most the players you mentioned in one dynasty league or another. The sooner I can find out who i can cut/keep the sooner i can move onto my next flyer.

1 hour ago, nobody said:

There is a bit of art to reading camp reports.  No one comes out and says, "this guy is a JAG" or "this guy sucks."  I agree they love him.  They really loved him a lot early on.  The tea leaves are pointing more to JAG level production though.

A couple of dead giveaways by the way are when the qb or coach describe someone as "solid"

Think about what you would say if you were trying to be nice and someone wasn't that great.  Solid is code for JAG.

The other one is "earning trust." That means they've been making a bunch of mistakes because they don't know where to be.

I don’t know how good he’ll actually be one day, but he’s the Giants TE1 for whatever that’s worth. Thanks for your read on the situation and your lecture on how to read camp reports, no matter how pompous and wrong they make you sound…

Some positives and negatives for Daniel Jones on their first drive. Bad overthrow in the flat. Golladay probably should've had a TD near the goaline.

Offense stalls out and settles for a field goal.

CB2 was considered the Giants biggest weakness, and their potential starter Aaron Robinson looked absolutely dreadful on that pats TD drive…

I thought Jones and the Giants' offense in general looked ok--for a first effort under a new coach.

Thing I most dislike is Golladay, though.  Sheesh.  I never bought the hoopla coming out of college, and then just after he did enough with the Lions to win me over and go all in on him with the Giants last year--he faceplants.

Ok, maybe it was the coaching.

But tonight it still just looked like Jones and Golladay are not on the same wavelength.  Or maybe Golladay has just lost it.  Or maybe he never had it and Stafford made him what he was.  I dunno.  But he was pretty much the black hole.  Everything else I could live with, if I was a Giants' fan (and as a Daniel Jones owner).  Barkley looked pretty fluid again, even if he wasn't wildly productive.

Prognosis:  Guarded.

Patriots' Prognosis:  Under maximum security protocols--it was impossible to determine anything about the regular season from tonight's action.

• Thanks 1

Golladay + Stafford = production, Golladay has lost that loving feeling.  

Won’t take long for T Taylor to start.  

1 hour ago, AxeElf said:

Stafford made him what he was.

I have found that great QB's find ways to make their receivers productive.

Aaron Rodgers did it.  most WR leaving green bay dont ever recapture the magic they had in Green Bay.

Ditto for Brady.

Ditto for Manning.

I'm sure If I had time I could think of a few other QB's.

That was one reason I bought into Josh Allen when he was emerging.

John Freakin Brown got 1000 yards under him.    John brown only had one other 1000 yard season.   with Kurt Warner at QB.

once they brought in Diggs I knew Diggs would light it up.

Not much of note in the Titans/Ravens game, except that Ryan Tannehill's job is safe.  I only watched a couple of series, but Malik Willis looked like crap.  On the first series he missed a 5 yard pass to the RB, then nearly threw a pick 6 to the left flat on third down.  Second series he looked slow on a scramble, then missed another receiver on 3rd down when flushed from the pocket.

Nice to see Mike Davis equaling his TD production from September and October last year in the first quarter of this game...

6 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

I only watched a couple of series, but Malik Willis looked like crap.

I had read somewhere he was having a good camp, but that may have just been the coach blowing smoke.    I didnt expect Willis would be ready to start anyhow, I figured hed sit and learn for a year (possibly two)

Amon-Ra St. Brown is uncoverable, and the Lions could go undefeated...

...if they could play Atlanta every week.

Still, the offense looked really good, and the Goff/St. Brown connection was as smooth as it was at the end of last season.  Don't miss the boat.

Atlanta's offense looked pretty good too, and that first catch by London made him look like a seasoned pro--but he apparently got injured on the play.  At least it din't look serious.

Din't see any Patterson, so he's probably in bubble wrap as the top RB, but I was surprised to see Ollision and Williams both getting looks as the 2nd RB--and surprised at how good Ollison looked.  I'm still rooting for the MVP runner-up of SuperBowl LIV, Damien Williams.  He opted out of 2020 because of COVID, so he kind of fell off the map, but he's not that far removed from being a solid piece of the Chiefs' offense, and he's had a year now with da Bears to get himself back into football shape after the year off.

But the thing that has me beaming like a proud papa is the fact that Marcus Mariota scored 13.6 fantasy points in ONE DRIVE (in that run-heavy 2 QB league).  Given that NFL teams usually get around 10-12 drives per game, well, you do the math.  (While you're doing math, Amon-Ra St. Brown scored 4.9 PPR fantasy points on one drive as well.)

The thing that scares me is the college playoff QB waiting in the wings--Ridder looked ok too--he didn't "wow," but he didn't do anything to hurt himself, either.  His only incompletion on his first drive was a total drop job by a practice squad receiver on a dart throw.  So hopefully Mariota will a) keep the job, b) stay healthy, and c) remain productive, and if so, I'll be golden.  If not, I'll struggle.  I did so want to insure Mariota with Ridder in that league, but I came up just a few picks short and had to go for Minshew instead.

3 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

I did so want to insure Mariota with Ridder in that league, but I came up just a few picks short and had to go for Minshew instead.

Minshew is the better player, but for your purposes it would make more sense to have Riddler.   So It does make more sense to get a backup to the starting QB you already own.

1 minute ago, Ray_T said:

Minshew is the better player

I wish the guy who drafted Ridder had agreed.

What was he thinking???

23 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Amon-Ra St. Brown is uncoverable, and the Lions could go undefeated...

...if they could play Atlanta every week.

Still, the offense looked really good, and the Goff/St. Brown connection was as smooth as it was at the end of last season.  Don't miss the boat.

Atlanta's offense looked pretty good too, and that first catch by London made him look like a seasoned pro--but he apparently got injured on the play.  At least it din't look serious.

Din't see any Patterson, so he's probably in bubble wrap as the top RB, but I was surprised to see Ollision and Williams both getting looks as the 2nd RB--and surprised at how good Ollison looked.  I'm still rooting for the MVP runner-up of SuperBowl LIV, Damien Williams.  He opted out of 2020 because of COVID, so he kind of fell off the map, but he's not that far removed from being a solid piece of the Chiefs' offense, and he's had a year now with da Bears to get himself back into football shape after the year off.

But the thing that has me beaming like a proud papa is the fact that Marcus Mariota scored 13.6 fantasy points in ONE DRIVE (in that run-heavy 2 QB league).  Given that NFL teams usually get around 10-12 drives per game, well, you do the math.  (While you're doing math, Amon-Ra St. Brown scored 4.9 PPR fantasy points on one drive as well.)

The thing that scares me is the college playoff QB waiting in the wings--Ridder looked ok too--he didn't "wow," but he didn't do anything to hurt himself, either.  His only incompletion on his first drive was a total drop job by a practice squad receiver on a dart throw.  So hopefully Mariota will a) keep the job, b) stay healthy, and c) remain productive, and if so, I'll be golden.  If not, I'll struggle.  I did so want to insure Mariota with Ridder in that league, but I came up just a few picks short and had to go for Minshew instead.

Not sure what you watched but Ridder threw a terrible interception.

1 minute ago, Gepetto said:

Not sure what you watched but Ridder threw a terrible interception.

I watched his first series.  Appreciate the good news, though!

3 minutes ago, Mike FF Today said:

Jalen Hurts just got laid out on the sidelines... an obvious late hit. Eagles coach is pissed. 😡

Is it tasteless if I root for the Mustache here?

Name to keep an eye on for Dynasty Leaguers is Jerome Ford, rookie RB for the Brownies from Cincinatti. Looked quick and explosive in his debut tonight. Kareem Hunt is on last year of his contract.

4 minutes ago, jrokh said:

Name to keep an eye on for Dynasty Leaguers is Jerome Ford, rookie RB for the Brownies from Cincinatti. Looked quick and explosive in his debut tonight. Kareem Hunt is on last year of his contract.

The Brownies from where?

2 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

The Brownies from where?

Submit your list of 2022 unexpected blowup players and I'll tell you.

4 minutes ago, Mike FF Today said:

Romeo Doubs with a TD. Stock going ⤴️

Perhaps more importantly, he made a good block on a QB scramble too.

Jeez, Doubs was wide open on the score--and a couple of plays before he was wide open for a potential TD and Love missed him.  He made another couple of nice blocks on that drive too.

I may have drafted him by accident, but I'm warming to the idea.