Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Preseason Week 1 - Observations

Trey Lance is going to be elite.  I am not surprised by that perfect strike he threw for a 76 yard touchdown.

Deshaun Watson: 1 for 5 for 7 yards.

I will say Lance has looked a lot better than he did last year.  his delivery is a lot cleaner.  clearly hes been working on his mechanics in the offseason.

I've also been impressed with that Gray kid (WR) who got the TD.   prior to the TD I noticed he made another play I liked too.  so hes a player to watch.   Dude is FAST.

I wouldnt be totally surprised if he ends up eventually being their third WR.   he looked pretty good so far.

That said, its the first exhibition game of the season.   so the level isnt quite up to regular season NFL standards yet.

39 minutes ago, jrokh said:

Name to keep an eye on for Dynasty Leaguers is Jerome Ford, rookie RB for the Brownies from Cincinatti. Looked quick and explosive in his debut tonight. Kareem Hunt is on last year of his contract.

Ford tonight- 5-57-1td rushing, 4-46-1td receiving. 103 total yards and 2td. Not a bad nights work  

• Like 1

In other irrelevant information, hot dog counts for Chiefs skill players during yesterday's lunch:

Kelce - 4

Mahomes - 3

CEH - 3

Juju - 3

Moore - 2

MVW - 2

Hardman - 1

1 hour ago, AxeElf said:

In other irrelevant information, hot dog counts for Chiefs skill players during yesterday's lunch:

Kelce - 4

Mahomes - 3

CEH - 3

Juju - 3

Moore - 2

MVW - 2

Hardman - 1

yeah, basically a nothing news story.  interesting for those who like to speculate, but really meaningless.

As a Washington fan, from our game with the Panthers today…Gibson lost a fumble in the 1st, and Robinson looked pretty good backing him up.

Worries me a little when deciding if/where to pick Gibson.

Gibson is losing his grip as the Redskins rb1.  His ADP is high for him.  I would pass and focus on Robinson.  

One of my sleepiest rookie sleeper guys, Khalil Shakir showed pretty well.

33 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Anybody have Punters on their fantasy teams?

Jesus 

26 minutes ago, nobody said:

Jesus 

No it’s Matt 

Now that I'm looking at it a little harder it was a sick punt, but it took him a long time to get it off.  He really took his time and uncorked it, but he couldn't make a habit of that or teams would start blocking it.

1 hour ago, nobody said:

Now that I'm looking at it a little harder it was a sick punt, but it took him a long time to get it off.  He really took his time and uncorked it, but he couldn't make a habit of that or teams would start blocking it.

Punters aren't usually 6th round draft picks, though.  He must have skills.

Just knowing he can DO that has got to give opposing special teams coaches nightmares.  Returners will have to line up 60 yards deep on the reg just to keep him from booting it over their heads!

hey guys, I never saw the Pittsburgh game, but I noticed picket went like 13/15 for 95 yards and 2 TD.

did he look as good as the stats showed?

2 hours ago, Ray_T said:

hey guys, I never saw the Pittsburgh game, but I noticed picket went like 13/15 for 95 yards and 2 TD.

did he look as good as the stats showed?

It was against all of Seattle's backups and possible cuts. But yes, he did look good. Cool, calm, and collective. Looked like it was just another day.

Outside of a really bad sack he took on a 4th and 1. (And I think it was more of a bad play call, plus good defense). Other than that. Yes, very impressive.

8 hours ago, Kopy said:

It was against all of Seattle's backups and possible cuts. But yes, he did look good. Cool, calm, and collective. Looked like it was just another day.

Outside of a really bad sack he took on a 4th and 1. (And I think it was more of a bad play call, plus good defense). Other than that. Yes, very impressive.

I suspect at some point they will need to test him against starting calibre defenders.  then we will have a better idea of where he stands, but it sure looks like a nice first outing.

On 8/12/2022 at 6:14 PM, AxeElf said:

Jeez, Doubs was wide open on the score--and a couple of plays before he was wide open for a potential TD and Love missed him.  He made another couple of nice blocks on that drive too.

I may have drafted him by accident, but I'm warming to the idea.

Got around to watching this game.  It wasn't a busted coverage.  49ers were in man across the board with a 0 blitz.  Doubs just torched the guy who was supposed to have him in man.

The idea behind that blitz is you only should have to cover for about 1.5 seconds tops.  Doubs had his guy beat in about .25 seconds.

1 minute ago, LaChup said:

Who is rollin' on Doubs this year? 

I missed my shot at him, or I would be.

1 hour ago, LaChup said:

Do you remember what round he went in?

The league I was referring to was a dynasty league, so it wouldn't apply.  It was also in May, so even more stale, but he went 42nd overall in our rookie draft.  I suspect he'd be a mid 2nd rounder today.  

In redraft, I wouldn't draft him before the 10th.  

2 hours ago, nobody said:

Got around to watching this game.  It wasn't a busted coverage.  49ers were in man across the board with a 0 blitz.  Doubs just torched the guy who was supposed to have him in man.

The idea behind that blitz is you only should have to cover for about 1.5 seconds tops.  Doubs had his guy beat in about .25 seconds.

pro day he ran a 4.72 40.   he shouldnt be able to torch nfl players that badly with that kind of speed.   He looked a bit faster on this TD. Then again, some players play faster on the field as compared to running a sprint.   maybe hes one of those guys.    Sure looked like a nice play.

if hes still doing plays like that toward the end of exhibition you can call me impressed.    first game of exhibition against backups?    hard to get overly excited ....... yet. 

but hes definitely shown hes a player to watch.

If anyone lost a tornado chain at the Bills game, Dion Dawkins found it.