porkbutt

apple go die in a hole

got my mom an iwatch. why in focking hell do you include a usb-c connection charger???. 5000 regular usb chargers around the house but no... you have to get all fancy and gay with this useless connection.

fock off apple!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7 minutes ago, porkbutt said:

got my mom an iwatch. why in focking hell do you include a usb-c connection charger???. 5000 regular usb chargers around the house but no... you have to get all fancy and gay with this useless connection.

USB C is faster (and can't be plugged in the wrong way) Poor people use USB A

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, edjr said:

that's great. my mom is old. doesn't have usb-c connections lying around. at least give a little charging block with usb-c too. so annoying.

2 minutes ago, porkbutt said:

that's great. my mom is old. doesn't have usb-c connections lying around. at least give a little charging block with usb-c too. so annoying.

When apple sold the iphone 11, they included a USB C brick and USB c lightning cable.

With the iphone 12 and iphone 13, they include USB C cable only.

You are 100% right, it is embarrassing the corners they cut. 

• Sad 1

there are USB jokes.

Problem: there are 27 competing standards
Action: Create a single universal standard for all use cases
Result: There are 28 competing standards

I love how the first letter of Usb means “Universal”. They sure had a sense of humor

Moral to the story: you can either have universal compatibility or you can just keep getting better.

The best thing about standards, is that there's so many to choose from.

The main guy behind USB recently died. At the funeral they lowered the coffin down brought it back up turned it over and lowered it again

The introduction of USB: "there are too many plugs, we need one plug to do everything!"
twelve thousand USB plugs later "there are too many plugs, we need one plug to do everything!"

A computer-illiterate friend of mine calls the USB logo "The Cactus".

Just now, JustinCharge said:

usb-c is the future.  at least until they go full wireless everything or something.

All of our laptops at work have 2 USB C charging ports.  Very nice. 

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, edjr said:

When apple sold the iphone 11, they included a USB C brick and USB c lightning cable.

With the iphone 12 and iphone 13, they include USB C cable only.

You are 100% right, it is embarrassing the corners they cut. 

im totally fine if they included the brick. but now i wanna throw a brick through the CEO's window

26 minutes ago, porkbutt said:

You can get a cable for $5 online delivered to your door.

1 minute ago, porkbutt said:

im totally fine if they included the brick. but now i wanna throw a brick through the CEO's window

Get her a USB A watch charger ;) and skip USB C all together. 

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=usb+a+apple+watch+charger&crid=VG6QBAB42RZH&sprefix=USB+a+apple%2Caps%2C199&ref=nb_sb_ss_ts-doa-p_1_11

• Sad 1

Just now, Baker Boy said:

You can get a cable for $5.

this cable has the watch charger at the end. im sure i can go get one. but it's annoying. just make it so i can charge the focking thing out of the box.

every focking $600 device should include anything i need to focking charge out of the box with a household outlet. is this so much to ask???????

1 minute ago, TommyGavin said:

First world problems

:thumbsup:

Do you know how many chinese kids had to commit suicide for porkbutt's mom to have an apple watch?

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, edjr said:

:thumbsup:

Do you know how many chinese kids had to commit suicide for porkbutt's mom to have an apple watch?

eff them lil bastards. covid infested rats they are

24 minutes ago, porkbutt said:

this cable has the watch charger at the end. im sure i can go get one. but it's annoying. just make it so i can charge the focking thing out of the box.

Where did you get it because Apple watches come with charging cables. I guess I don’t understand your problem.

I'm ok with them not including a charger.  Everyone should have several already.  They're a general purpose charger that works with everything.  I'd like us to be more focused on recycling and not being wasteful.  I get that large corporations look for ways to cut corners and make more money, but the only reason they feel comfortable cutting this out is that they know most people already have the charger.  It's a win win for corporations trying to be better stewards of our planet.  They can do that and make more money.  Or offer the item at a lower price.  Either way, I'm ok with it.

USB-C will be the standard for quite some time, both the European union and Brazil signed it into law which means the rest of the world will follow suite.

https://www.france24.com/en/europe/20220607-eu-to-require-single-charger-for-all-smartphones-to-combat-electronic-waste

The EU member states and parliament on Tuesday agreed the text of a law imposing a standard charger for smartphones and tablets sold in the bloc, in a blow to Apple. For most portable devices the requirement for charging via a USB Type-C port will come into effect from late 2024, the European Parliament's press service said.

Advertising

The EU believes a standard cable for all devices will cut back on electronic waste, but iPhone juggernaut Apple argues that a one-size-fits-all charger would slow innovation and create more pollution.

The bloc is home to 450 million people, some of the world's richest consumers, and the imposition of the USB-C as a cable standard could affect the entire global smartphone market.

"This new law will make the lives of European consumers easier and will be better for the environment," said MEP Andrey Kovatchev, one of the negotiators.

• Sad 1

45 minutes ago, edjr said:

This is the correct answer.

13 minutes ago, Strike said:

I'm ok with them not including a charger.  Everyone should have several already.  They're a general purpose charger that works with everything.  I'd like us to be more focused on recycling and not being wasteful.  I get that large corporations look for ways to cut corners and make more money, but the only reason they feel comfortable cutting this out is that they know most people already have the charger.  It's a win win for corporations trying to be better stewards of our planet.  They can do that and make more money.  Or offer the item at a lower price.  Either way, I'm ok with it.

yeah i have 5000 usb-A. i have a couple usb-c at my house and in laptops. no my 80yo mom doesn't have any usb-c around. so recycling and no waste??? now i have to go to store and get another usb-c brick. apple is the focking wasteful bastard!!!

19 minutes ago, Baker Boy said:

Where did you get it because Apple watches come with charging cables. I guess I don’t understand your problem.

new watch came with round charger thing you lay watch on to charge. other end is a male usb-c.

2 minutes ago, porkbutt said:

new watch came with round charger thing you lay watch on to charge. other end is a male usb-c.

Got it.

5 minutes ago, porkbutt said:

How long before libs start complaining about the use of the terms male/female to describe connectors on plugs and cables? 

My new Dell XPS 13 2-in-1 only has USB-C but did come with one USB-A adapter which I use for the mouse dongle (hate that word).  It only has 2 USB-C and either are used with the charge cord as well.  My only complaint though is it only has two.  I know I can buy an adapter to plug more in.

Apple shares are up 76,105.34% over the past 20 years because of stupid ass gadgets like these. 

"every focking $600 device should include anything i need to focking charge out of the box with a household outlet. is this so much to ask???????

No it isn't. I'd be pissed too.

8 minutes ago, easilyscan said:

Apple shares are up 76,105.34% over the past 20 years because of stupid ass gadgets like these. 

Honestly, link please?

I couldn't tell you what kind of cord I have if you put a gun in my head. Last court I got? I went to 7-Eleven you got me way too much. But all I did was try them all and find one that fit.

Would definitely be cool if there was a universal link  but I don't know. I don't know what they're thinking.

21 hours ago, porkbutt said:

My takeaway is wondering why your mom needs an Apple Watch?

3 hours ago, MLCKAA said:

My takeaway is wondering why your mom needs an Apple Watch?

apparently it has a fall feature for older people....senses a fall...calls to alert people. also they can signal they need help by tapping on it.

On 8/11/2022 at 10:03 AM, porkbutt said:

every focking $600 device should include anything i need to focking charge out of the box with a household outlet. is this so much to ask???????

No, obviously, any other response is really stupid.

8 hours ago, porkbutt said:

apparently it has a fall feature for older people....senses a fall...calls to alert people. also they can signal they need help by tapping on it.

sonny! how do you charge this focking thing?

On 8/11/2022 at 11:14 AM, Strike said:

Recycling is a scam.