Sign in to follow this  
Cloaca du jour

Inmate...canceled in NY

The word "inmate" appears in Webster's New World Dictionary in New York, Thursday, Aug. 11, 2022. New York has amended a series of state laws to remove the word "inmate" and replace it with "incarcerated person" to refer to people serving prison time. The changes, signed into law by Gov. Kathy Hochul, are intended to reduce the stigma of being in being in jail. Republicans ridiculed the measure as coddling criminals

90 percent of people probably cant spell incarcerated, let alone some dumb inmate.

What liberal reformers have never understood is that the label does not carry the negative implications, the negative implications color the label.  Take the constant evolution of the nomenclature for blacks.  It has gone through several iterations, each time to get out from under the negative associations with the label.  Each time the new label gains the associations and so it too needs to be changed.

If the "reformers" want to change the term, fine, I can put as much stink on the new term as the former.  In fact I look forward to it.

• Thanks 3

This should help bring crime down.  Nice work Lady. 

I'm gonna keep eating my freedom fries.

9 minutes ago, Cdub100 said:

I'm gonna keep eating my freedom fries.

And using freedom tickler condoms.