Sign in to follow this  
Lamb of God

Kupp or Jefferson at 3 overall in full ppr

I’m seriously considering this in my 10 man redraft non keeper 1pt ppr draft in a couple weeks. Ekelar seems to be consensus but if I can lock up that top wr then get Aaron Jones in the second or even another wr i think the value is better than say ekelar and mike evans or ekelar and tyreek. Just something I’m thinking about. I can’t see ekelar returning pick 3 value as he’s due for regression and has a slight inj history whereas Kupp and especially jefferson can only ascend especially in full ppr. This league goes real wr heavy first two rds because we can play 4-5wrs based on league setup. Idk thoughts. Thanks.  Our roster set up is 1qb 1rb then 5 flex wr/rb/te so premium is set to wrs or pass catching rbs which are few really vs all the wrs. 

It's not a crazy idea in full PPR scoring, but it would be hard not to take Najee, Henry or Taylor if they are there.

1 minute ago, AxeElf said:

It's not a crazy idea in full PPR scoring, but it would be hard not to take Najee, Henry or Taylor if they are there.

Taylor will be gone he’ll go first or second. Our rosters are starting 1qb,1rb then 5 flex wr/rb/te 

I'm not sure how much more ascension there is for Kupp. Last season was pretty extraordinary, but I'd probably lean towards him. There all so close but my top 5 in PPR right now are...

1. Jonathan Taylor
2. Christian McCaffrey
3. Cooper Kupp
4. Austin Ekeler
5. Justin Jefferson

With your starting lineup requirements, I can see prioritizing Jefferson over Ekeler.

I’d 100% take either Kupp or Jefferson at 3 in a PPR league over any RB on the board, assuming Taylor goes 1.

check the July mock. 

I did something I've never done before.  I took a WR (Kupp)with a top 3 pick.

see how it turned out.

I dont know that it was my best draft.   the problem with taking a WR in round 1 is that I felt it made my next few picks more predictable but I dont think I drafted a bad team.   but at the same time I wasnt quite as happy about the end result as I usually am at the end of a draft.   part of this was because the draft went more RB happy early than I anticipated.

but I think the july Mock should give you some insights into what to expect in the first couple rounds when taking a WR early.

I have real concern about Stafford shoulder plus the addition of Robinson is going to take a bite out of Kupps production  , I would take Jefferson over Kupp, and in a 10 team  full ppr league, taking the best wr would be a very smart move.   

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

I have real concern about Stafford shoulder plus the addition of Robinson is going to take a bite out of Kupps production  , I would take Jefferson over Kupp, and in a 10 team  full ppr league, taking the best wr would be a very smart move.   

I think I’m doing it. I want a guy with the arrow pointed up vs any regression which Kupp and ekelar would be. And if I can get Aaron Jones in the second and Barkley in the third I’d be very happy with that start and that’s a real possibility with how heavy wr this draft goes. 

I agree,, and all those players are a strong possibility.  I think in a full ppr that stud wr, and in this case the best wr is the right move.  

1 hour ago, weepaws said:

Last I saw is Stafford had an elbow injury. Does he now have a shoulder injury as well?

1 minute ago, craftsman said:

Last I saw is Stafford had an elbow injury. Does he now have a shoulder injury as well?

Nope I had it wrong , it’s his elbow. Thanks  for the correction. 

hes being treated for it.   the press release I saw made me feel it was a routine thing and that it wouldnt affect him.

whether thats actually the case (or not) remains to be seen.

Some of the players you mention did not fall to me late in round 2 but may be available to you in a 10 team league.  and if there is no flex position that may even make it more likely you get some good RB talent when the draft comes back to you Late in round 2.   

either way, good luck

15 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

hes being treated for it.   the press release I saw made me feel it was a routine thing and that it wouldnt affect him.

Some of the players you mention did not fall to me late in round 2 but may be available to you in a 10 team league.  and if there is no flex position that may even make it more likely you get some good RB talent when the draft comes back to you Late in round 2.   

either way, good luck

I’ve been in this league with the same guys for 20+yrs. It goes wr heavy like guys double down in the first 2rds because we can play 5wr if we wanted to in full ppr. So I think I have a great shot at atleast Jones in the second and def Barkley or even kamara in the third then I’ll stack wrs later as I think wr is pretty deepamd then the guys that double down want rbs so it pushes mid tier wrs down further towards me. If I can get even B cook, gab Davis, Pittman with already having Jefferson and two stud pass catching rbs id be happy. Plus kelce and atleast Andrews will get drafted early too plus prob atleast one qb further pushing better mid tier wrs to me in the fourth. 

4 hours ago, Ray_T said:

either way, good luck

When Stafford coach said after seeing him being able to throw I’ll sleep better, I think it’s a pretty concerning issue.  

6 hours ago, Lamb of God said:

I’ve been in this league with the same guys for 20+yrs. It goes wr heavy like guys double down in the first 2rds because we can play 5wr if we wanted to in full ppr. So I think I have a great shot at atleast Jones in the second and def Barkley or even kamara in the third then I’ll stack wrs later as I think wr is pretty deepamd then the guys that double down want rbs so it pushes mid tier wrs down further towards me. If I can get even B cook, gab Davis, Pittman with already having Jefferson and two stud pass catching rbs id be happy. Plus kelce and atleast Andrews will get drafted early too plus prob atleast one qb further pushing better mid tier wrs to me in the fourth. 

cool.  you know your league better than I.   and if you are starting that many WR there is a scarcity factor that will make people pick more WR and likely pick them earlier than normal.

so you likely will get the players you want.

good luck

On 8/13/2022 at 5:53 PM, weepaws said:

I agree,, and all those players are a strong possibility.  I think in a full ppr that stud wr, and in this case the best wr is the right move.  

I have 2nd pick in a full ppr 12 teamer and will take cmc if he’s there, but if he goes 1 would you go Jefferson or Taylor at 2? 

17 minutes ago, himmystyles said:

I have 2nd pick in a full ppr 12 teamer and will take cmc if he’s there, but if he goes 1 would you go Jefferson or Taylor at 2? 

Any time you are on the clock and Derrick Henry is on the board, you have only one wise choice.

I like Henry over Mccaffery imo. In a full ppr I liked taken the best wr, Jefferson is that wr.  

• Like 1

Jefferson will be top WR this year. His Cousins will be throwing to him and blood is thicker than water. Plus Stafford is hurt.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/34359893/los-angeles-rams-matthew-stafford-impresses-practice-downplays-irritating-elbow-issue

Aug 6, 2022

After making several deep throws and even a no-look pass during practice Saturday, Los Angeles Rams quarterback Matthew Stafford said he felt like he could make any throw he wanted to.

Stafford, who dealt with an elbow injury last season, received an injection in his right elbow during the offseason and did not throw during the Rams' spring workouts.

On Thursday, coach Sean McVay said Stafford's injury is "a little bit abnormal for a quarterback," but reiterated that the Rams had planned a "modified approach and a progressive build" with him during training camp.

"I just have a little soreness," Stafford said Saturday. "We're working through it. I feel pretty good today. I thought it looked pretty good. But just trying to be smart with it and making me feel as good as I can feel going into Week 1 while still getting as many reps I can, too."

Stafford declined to go into detail about his elbow soreness, saying he's "just going through something that is irritating at the moment."

"We got a great plan," Stafford said. "I'm feeling stronger every time I come out here and throw. I don't know if you guys were watching. It felt like I could make any throw I wanted to today. And just trying to be smart when I get those opportunities to make sure I can come out here, cut it loose [and] turn it loose like I did today."

McVay echoed Stafford's comments about the way he threw the ball Saturday and pointed out he wasn't just making short and intermediate throws but was "pushing the ball" to "all types of spots." McVay also said that based on the way Stafford threw, "I don't think you would know that anything was going on."

"If you guys were watching, I don't know really how much you can ask about how Matthew's feeling," McVay said. "I mean, he threw it all over the yard today. Looked really good, felt good.

"We're very much on track with what we had hoped, and I think you could really see the ball was jumping out of his hand. ... And so I think he was trying to show you guys that probably not many questions you can ask him either based on how he felt and the way he was throwing it around today."

https://www.fantasypros.com/2022/08/fantasy-football-injury-expert-analysis-matthew-stafford-michael-thomas-chris-godwin-j-k-dobbins-2022/

1) Matthew Stafford (QB – LAR)

We’re seeing a lot of concerning headlines, but looking closer is actually relatively reassuring. Most likely, Stafford is dealing with a partial UCL tear. It’s better known as the “Tommy John” ligament that you hear about in baseball pitchers, and injection plus rehab is a pretty successful regimen. Because Stafford has rested this elbow for a while, it’s not all that surprising that the Rams would give him time off in between throwing days.

To be clear, the rest does NOT indicate a setback. Rather, it’s part of a planned controlled rehab protocol that is pretty typical. This could flare up during the year, but it’s not likely to change too much about his game. After all, he was throwing 40 times with a 70% completion rate and putting up ~300 yards per game at the end of last year, all while dealing with the same injury. Overall low concern: 3/10.

1 hour ago, Gepetto said:

https://www.fantasypros.com/2022/08/fantasy-football-injury-expert-analysis-matthew-stafford-michael-thomas-chris-godwin-j-k-dobbins-2022/

We’re seeing a lot of concerning headlines, but looking closer is actually relatively reassuring. Most likely, Stafford is dealing with a partial UCL tear. It’s better known as the “Tommy John” ligament that you hear about in baseball pitchers, and injection plus rehab is a pretty successful regimen. Because Stafford has rested this elbow for a while, it’s not all that surprising that the Rams would give him time off in between throwing days.

To be clear, the rest does NOT indicate a setback. Rather, it’s part of a planned controlled rehab protocol that is pretty typical. This could flare up during the year, but it’s not likely to change too much about his game. After all, he was throwing 40 times with a 70% completion rate and putting up ~300 yards per game at the end of last year, all while dealing with the same injury. Overall low concern: 3/10.

yeah its not like hes throwing 100+ pitches a day like most MLB pitchers. 

in theory this should be an easier recovery than what your pitchers have to deal with,.

2 hours ago, Gepetto said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/34359893/los-angeles-rams-matthew-stafford-impresses-practice-downplays-irritating-elbow-issue

Aug 6, 2022

After making several deep throws and even a no-look pass during practice Saturday, Los Angeles Rams quarterback Matthew Stafford said he felt like he could make any throw he wanted to.

Stafford, who dealt with an elbow injury last season, received an injection in his right elbow during the offseason and did not throw during the Rams' spring workouts.

On Thursday, coach Sean McVay said Stafford's injury is "a little bit abnormal for a quarterback," but reiterated that the Rams had planned a "modified approach and a progressive build" with him during training camp.

"I just have a little soreness," Stafford said Saturday. "We're working through it. I feel pretty good today. I thought it looked pretty good. But just trying to be smart with it and making me feel as good as I can feel going into Week 1 while still getting as many reps I can, too."

Stafford declined to go into detail about his elbow soreness, saying he's "just going through something that is irritating at the moment."

"We got a great plan," Stafford said. "I'm feeling stronger every time I come out here and throw. I don't know if you guys were watching. It felt like I could make any throw I wanted to today. And just trying to be smart when I get those opportunities to make sure I can come out here, cut it loose [and] turn it loose like I did today."

McVay echoed Stafford's comments about the way he threw the ball Saturday and pointed out he wasn't just making short and intermediate throws but was "pushing the ball" to "all types of spots." McVay also said that based on the way Stafford threw, "I don't think you would know that anything was going on."

"If you guys were watching, I don't know really how much you can ask about how Matthew's feeling," McVay said. "I mean, he threw it all over the yard today. Looked really good, felt good.

"We're very much on track with what we had hoped, and I think you could really see the ball was jumping out of his hand. ... And so I think he was trying to show you guys that probably not many questions you can ask him either based on how he felt and the way he was throwing it around today."

Thanks very good post. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Gepetto said:

Good post thanks. 

• Thanks 1

Yeah I’m going to be cautious with Stafford. I just know it can’t get better playing in the regular season.  I think he’ll miss some games.  

This has tommy John written all over it. But also in my spot don’t we want the guys who can ascend to the year Kupp had last year vs taking a guy like Kupp or ekelar who can only regress from last years unsustainable numbers. I want the “Kupp” of this year or the guy who at pick 3 will offer the best return. Which to me is jefferson. Then if I can get Jones in the second. Barkley in the third and backfill wrs with guys like mike Williams, Mooney, Allen Robinson or gabe Davis I’d be very happy. 

First wr of the board this season should be Jefferson. 

On 8/13/2022 at 9:06 AM, Mike FF Today said:

I'm not sure how much more ascension there is for Kupp. Last season was pretty extraordinary, but I'd probably lean towards him. There all so close but my top 5 in PPR right now are...

1. Jonathan Taylor
2. Christian McCaffrey
3. Cooper Kupp
4. Austin Ekeler
5. Justin Jefferson

With your starting lineup requirements, I can see prioritizing Jefferson over Ekeler.

Idk to me jefferson and Aron Jones seem better than ekelar and say mike evans 

15 minutes ago, Lamb of God said:

Idk to me jefferson and Aron Jones seem better than ekelar and say mike evans 

Amen.