Sign in to follow this  
makindollaz

Anyone willing to roll the dice on Lance as starting QB?

9 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Your strategy is idiotic

You know you are arguing with someone who admittedly doesn’t watch the game of football and gets all his information from Rotoworld, which he repeats incessantly as if it’s gospel…

Just now, jrokh said:

You know you are arguing with someone who admittedly doesn’t watch the game of football and gets all his information from Rotoworld, which he repeats incessantly as if it’s gospel…

I mean I think we know where he gets his "gospel." It's in his interminably long signature. 

I have signatures turned off.  At the end of every weepaws post my entire screen is filled with blank space that I scroll past every post he makes.

38 minutes ago, Gepetto said:

I will take Tom Brady and Trey Lance as my QBs 2 and 3 over Rashod Bateman and Nelson Agholar every draft.

Sure, but if you took them over JuJu, Patterson, Aiyuk and Woods, you'd deserve to lose.

Same goes for taking Lance over Carr or Cousins--which is where you should be drafting your QB1.

I just drafted three $1 QBs in a Superflex league, and I'll probably go undefeated.

So take notes.

7 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Sure, but if you took them over JuJu, Patterson, Aiyuk and Woods, you'd deserve to lose.

Same goes for taking Lance over Carr or Cousins--which is where you should be drafting your QB1.

I just drafted three $1 QBs in a Superflex league, and I'll probably go undefeated.

So take notes.

I only play in an auction league 2 QBs start and last year my QBs were Dak Prescott and Mahomes, with Wentz as backup.  

I'll probably draft 2 top QBs again.  That's why I prefer auction leagues.  And I don't draft to show off my skills and win with Wentz & Derek Carr but it's possible, I draft to dominate my league every week. 

I expect Trey Lance to be a top 8 QB approximately, maybe top 5.

37 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

I mean I think we know where he gets his "gospel." It's in his interminably long signature. 

Trey Lance?

14 minutes ago, Gepetto said:

I expect Trey Lance to be a top 8 QB approximately, maybe top 5.

We know Carr is top 10.  Lance is speculative at this point.

I will now list every single NFL QB to complete 66% of his passes and throw for at least 4,000 yards in each of the last 4 seasons:

1.  Derek Carr

---end list---

He has finished as the QB13 each of the past two seasons.

Add Davante Adams, the WR who caught 233 passes for 3,030 yards and 38 TDs from Carr over TWO YEARS in college--I mean, that's crazy for two years in the NFL!

Add Josh McDaniel, the offensive coordinator and QB coach for Tom Brady for the past decade.

34 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

We know Carr is top 10.  Lance is speculative at this point.

I will now list every single NFL QB to complete 66% of his passes and throw for at least 4,000 yards in each of the last 4 seasons:

1.  Derek Carr

---end list---

He has finished as the QB13 each of the past two seasons.

Add Davante Adams, the WR who caught 233 passes for 3,030 yards and 38 TDs from Carr over TWO YEARS in college--I mean, that's crazy for two years in the NFL!

Add Josh McDaniel, the offensive coordinator and QB coach for Tom Brady for the past decade.

Add Josh McDaniel and both Carr/Adams could be traded before the end of this weeks preseason game right before he announces he’s going back to NE because his daddy wants him home to be his coordinator.

2 hours ago, Sean Mooney said:

Your strategy is idiotic. 

You didn't like the one hypothetical (I assume you don't know what hypothetical means) so here's another- I'll use a different ranking of players:

Davante Adams/Deebo Samuel/Nick Chubb/J.K. Dobbins/Travis Etienne/Chris Godwin/Tyler Lockett/CEH/Allen Lazard/Trey Lance/Michael Carter/Noah Fant

QB- Lance

RB- Chubb, Dobbins, Etienne, Carter

WR- Adams, Samuel, Godwin, Lockett, Lazard

TE- Fant

K- LAST PICK

DEF- 2ND LAST PICK

In this scenario- what receiver are you picking that would ever play over any of that 5? What RB is taking over them this late? On a 15 man roster where you might play 2 RB, 2WR, and a Flex every week I have 9 dudes for 5 spots which allows me to carry a back up QB and back up tight end if I want. 

What happen to CEH?

2 hours ago, Sean Mooney said:

Furthermore, take a look at what Geppetto posted above. Who is going to have more value to your team potentially over the course of the season:

Kirk Cousins or Tyler Allegier?

Cousins will out score Allegier, so if I draft Cousins why would I need a second Qb, after all he’s more valuable then Allegier and will out produce him, but I can have both since I’m only drafting Cousins.  

2 hours ago, jrokh said:

Oh not true, I read football info from many resources, I just use roto to dummy it down for you.   

Thanks.  

5 hours ago, weepaws said:

What happen to CEH?

10 guys for 5 spots. Still room to grab a back up QB.

No need for a 6th RB or WR on that roster. 

10 hours ago, Gepetto said:

I only play in an auction league 2 QBs start and last year my QBs were Dak Prescott and Mahomes, with Wentz as backup.  

I'll probably draft 2 top QBs again.  That's why I prefer auction leagues.  And I don't draft to show off my skills and win with Wentz & Derek Carr but it's possible, I draft to dominate my league every week. 

not comparable.  the vast majority of the leagues out there are 1 QB leagues.

2 QB leagues place a large premium on the value of a QB.   Especially if its a 12 team league.

so the dynamic is not the same.

The only thing that should stay the same is the ranking of said QB.   but the value at auction or draft table will be completely different.

4 hours ago, Sean Mooney said:

10 guys for 5 spots. Still room to grab a back up QB.

No need for a 6th RB or WR on that roster. 

Week one who’s more valuable, number 6th wr/rb who’s on the bench, or the back Qb who’s on the bench, unless it’s a best ball league, in which it isn’t. ,  so  neither one of them count since both are on the bench who’s more valuable week one both on the bench?

When I need a second Qb I’ll have a f/a pool to pick from, there will be at least 9/10 qbs available, as the season goes on the quality of wr/rb available in the leagues I play in is crap.  

Ones needs just one Qb and stream.  

Thanks. 

11 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Week one who’s more valuable, number 6th wr/rb who’s on the bench, or the back Qb who’s on the bench, unless it’s a best ball league, in which it isn’t. ,  so  neither one of them count since both are on the bench who’s more valuable week one both on the bench?

When I need a second Qb I’ll have a f/a pool to pick from, there will be at least 9/10 qbs available, as the season goes on the quality of wr/rb available in the leagues I play in is crap.  

Thanks. 

Hey genius did it ever occur to you that not every league plays the same way. You know that leagues might have members that all draft 2 QB’s and thus the free agent streaming QB pool might be shallower, and conversely the free agent wr pool a little deepe? Probably not so HTH. 

your welcome 

11 minutes ago, jrokh said:

Hey genius did it ever occur to you that not every league plays the same way. You know that leagues might have members that all draft 2 QB’s and thus the free agent streaming QB pool might be shallower, and conversely the free agent wr pool a little deepe? Probably not so HTH. 

your welcome 

If the other 11 teams draft two qbs, and I draft one , that’s 23 out of 32 starting QBs, that would leave how many still available? 

27 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Thanks. 

Just now, jrokh said:

9 crappy QB options. Enjoy 

There you go, good man. 

Thanks. 

8 hours ago, weepaws said:

Thanks. 

Or you can have a little foresight, plan ahead, and have better control of who you are running out there in a bye week.

Preparation leads to success.

40 minutes ago, Sean Mooney said:

Or you can have a little foresight, plan ahead, and have better control of who you are running out there in a bye week.

Preparation leads to success.

So you agree with me. 

Thanks. 

30 minutes ago, weepaws said:

So you agree with me. 

Thanks. 

No- you are putting your QB situation at the mercy of a flyer. I control mine

Lol you have no control over any ff player.  

Im drafting one starting Qb, I only need one.  Only start one.  But you’re back up Qb is no more valuable on your bench then my bench Rbs or WRs until the season rolls along, now in my league finding good Rbs and WRs as the season rolls along is vey tough, picking a Qb to play very simple. A lot of owners tend to drop a back up Qb to replace them with bigger needs , mm like Rbs/ WRs.  Funny how that works and many times those dropped qbs, become mine. And it’s off to victory. 

Now that’s success because of my preparation. 

Thanks. 

On 8/14/2022 at 9:02 PM, Gepetto said:

I could win a fantasy football championship in a one QB league with Carson Wentz as my starter.

I said that (quote above) prior to the season starting.  Didn't draft Wentz but point still stands.

Yes you can, one can win a ff championship with double digit round qbs and stream.  Just look at the numbers some of them posted this past weekend