Sign in to follow this  
Kopy

Does this team have any chance?

Long story short. A buddy of mine needed an owner asap. So I said O.K. (I just have my 1 Dynasty, been around forever league). So this will be just something extra this year. Because it's extra and just for fun, I figured I'd screw around and just try a PPR RB approach.

12 teams. PPR. Start 1 QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE

QB - Lamar Jackson. TE - George Kittle. WR- Starters -- Stefon Diggs, Tee Higgins, Diontae Johnson. WR - Backups -- DeAndre Hopkins, Tyler Boyd, Josh Palmer, Jaylen Guyton.

Now on to the sad part. RB -Starters -- Nyheim Hines, J.D. McKissic. RB - Backups -- Kenneth Gainwell, Ameer Abdullah.

How bad does this look? 

It was a split moment, beer induced drafting coma.

Good luck.  

understand that you are trying the PPR approach, but I’d still try to see what traditional RB flyers are out there in place of palmer and guyton. Monitor depth charts and try to get someone who gets the #1 RB on their team … monitor Texans, Seahawks and other battles.  Also consider if you can trade one of your handcuffs to their partner holder.

3 hours ago, Kopy said:

Long story short. A buddy of mine needed an owner asap. So I said O.K. (I just have my 1 Dynasty, been around forever league). So this will be just something extra this year. Because it's extra and just for fun, I figured I'd screw around and just try a PPR RB approach.

12 teams. PPR. Start 1 QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1TE

QB - Lamar Jackson. TE - George Kittle. WR- Starters -- Stefon Diggs, Tee Higgins, Diontae Johnson. WR - Backups -- DeAndre Hopkins, Tyler Boyd, Josh Palmer, Jaylen Guyton.

Now on to the sad part. RB -Starters -- Nyheim Hines, J.D. McKissic. RB - Backups -- Kenneth Gainwell, Ameer Abdullah.

How bad does this look? 

It was a split moment, beer induced drafting coma.

well, I think truly that you need at least one good RB.

the good news is, your WR depth is fantastic.   but if you are gonna trade for a RB do it now.  once the season starts and RB's start getting hurt everyone will be hanging onto their RB's.

Weve been lucky so far.  usually a couple of the top 24 RB's would have bit it so far.    but none that I have noticed.

someone will buy on hopkins or higgins or dionte

I know you dont like giving up depth, but you have 4 starters and only need 3.  so one is a backup.    Starting RB is more important than backup WR even in this format.

I'm not gonna tell you which guy to trade but to get a quality RB you will need to give up a quality WR

I'd be a little less concerned about reducing depth at WR because if you are astute there are always a handful of WR that break out early and can be had on waivers.   while this happens With RB's too, its far less common.  there is usually one or two as a result of injury that break out.

if selling dont do a fire sale,  try to get fair value (or at least close to fair value).  if you cant  then just be really active on the waiver wire looking for that breakout RB.

I thought this was a thread about the Seahawks.  And I thought the answer was going to be no :(

• Sad 1

I don’t think the OP has any rb strength, even in a ppr.  

Curious... who were your picks round 1-3? Assuming Diggs was first, but noone else has an ADP under 30.

1 hour ago, pipeman said:

Curious... who were your picks round 1-3? Assuming Diggs was first, but noone else has an ADP under 30.

You did see that he's taking over for a previous owner in a dynasty league, right?

1 hour ago, AxeElf said:

You did see that he's taking over for a previous owner in a dynasty league, right?

yes, and he also said he was drunk when he drafted (which may not have helped)

5 minutes ago, Ray_T said:

yes, and he also said he was drunk when he drafted (which may not have helped)

It's not much of a "dynasty" if he drafted those players, rather than inheriting them.

well, we dont know which was drafted and which was inherited.   

I'm guessing he inherited some bad players and then drafted some WR but in the end it does not matter how the players got there.  at this point it is about damage control.

2 hours ago, AxeElf said:

That’s not what he said. He references his one other dynasty team, but does not infer that this one is dynasty or redraft. Go back to your hole.

Why would the OP say beer induced Drafting moment, if he simply inherited the team? 

37 minutes ago, weepaws said:

Why would the OP say beer induced Drafting moment, if he simply inherited the team? 

10 hours ago, Kopy said:

A buddy of mine needed an owner asap. So I said O.K.

He also said this.

so I think its both.  he clearly inherited a team that maybe wasnt great and he had a few drinks and maybe didnt get as good a draft as he had hoped.

either way guys, what he needs is help.  not speculation as to how he got to this point.   how he got there isnt important.   whats important is how he salvages the season.

49 minutes ago, pipeman said:

That’s not what he said. He references his one other dynasty team, but does not infer that this one is dynasty or redraft. Go back to your hole.

Fair enough.  The way it was worded I took it as an additional dynasty team that needed an adoptive owner ASAP, but I see that was not explicitly stated.

3 player keeper. I kept Kittle (4), Higgins (5), and Hopkins (6). I drafted Diggs, Diontae, and Jackson at 1,2, and 3. My next pick was in the 7th when I took Hines.

That's when I came up with the backups that catch alot of balls theory.

I had a quite similar situation going into last season with my dynasty team. I ended up in the semifinals.

My only viable RB was Antonio Gibson, who ended up 17th overall RB in my league.

I ended up with two top 10 RBs I picked up off waivers early in the season. They would be James Conner after he was dropped early due to his slow start. And Cordarelle Patterson who was converted to RB from WR.

Now going into this season, I did some deals and basically turned those RBs into Justin Jefferson.

So while I don't have much at RB, the rest of my team is at QB Justin Herbert, at WR CeeDee Lamb, Cooper Kupp, Justin Jefferson, at TE Kyle Pitts

I plan on doing the same thing at RB this season, playing the waiver wire. When a little known RB has a good week, don't be afraid to jump on it. Many teams will cycle RBs through the season. Some guys will be valuable for the rest of the season, some may only be valuable for 3 games. Just have to be active in waivers,  and pick up on trends quickly. It's not the same as having Johnathan Taylor or Derrick Henry, but if you are strong elsewhere on your team, you can get by with mediocre RBs.

16 hours ago, AxeElf said:

It's not much of a "dynasty" if he drafted those players, rather than inheriting them.

That's the second reading comprehension this week, Axe.  I can set aside some time if you need me to tutor you a bit.

13 minutes ago, nobody said:

That's the second reading comprehension this week, Axe.  I can set aside some time if you need me to tutor you a bit.

You missed the alternate meaning that I caught; so perhaps I should be tutoring you.

Oh wait, I already do...

2 hours ago, AxeElf said:

You missed the alternate meaning that I caught; so perhaps I should be tutoring you.

Oh wait, I already do...

The obviously wrong alternate meaning?  How would a post draft dynasty team not have any rookies?

21 minutes ago, nobody said:

The obviously wrong alternate meaning?  How would a post draft dynasty team not have any rookies?

Ok, I'll tutor you in logic too...

By not drafting any rookies.

1 minute ago, AxeElf said:

Ok, I'll tutor you in logic too...

By not drafting any rookies.

How about I tutor you in vocabulary.  Not correctly comprehending what you're reading is the exact opposite of having reading comprehension. 

If you show you have grasped that, I can tutor you on dynasty league formats, or perhaps the statistics and how improbable it would be that someone would not draft a rookie in a dynasty draft.

12 minutes ago, nobody said:

how improbable it would be that someone would not draft a rookie in a dynasty draft.

Improbability does not equal impossibility.

Are you sure you're ready for this class?

19 minutes ago, AxeElf said:

Improbability does not equal impossibility.

Are you sure you're ready for this class?

You need to understand the concept of improbability before I can teach you reading comprehension..  If you focus on improbable meanings of what someone has written, you will continually fail to comprehend what is written, grasshopper.

1 minute ago, nobody said:

You need to understand the concept of improbability before I can teach you reading comprehension..  If you focus on improbable meanings of what someone has written, you will continually fail to comprehend what is written, grasshopper.

I guess you missed where he said something about a beer-induced drafting coma.

And suddenly the improbable becomes likely...